Official 2022 Summer Ball Thread

It was up this year; thanks for asking. We some did all you can eat games (and two were paired with fireworks shows), so for $11 a game- ticket and food- you could have a very affordable night at the ballpark.

We’re also big believers in connecting the guys on the team to the community. Autographs after every game, kids get to run across the field at least once per game and three very affordable camps during the season. Trying to grow the game.

View attachment 476747View attachment 476748View attachment 476749

Beautiful.

It was up this year; thanks for asking. We some did all you can eat games (and two were paired with fireworks shows), so for $11 a game- ticket and food- you could have a very affordable night at the ballpark.

We’re also big believers in connecting the guys on the team to the community. Autographs after every game, kids get to run across the field at least once per game and three very affordable camps during the season. Trying to grow the game.

View attachment 476747View attachment 476748View attachment 476749
Awesome. That's what it's all about.

Attachments

• 20220805_173655.jpg
    20220805_173655.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 2
Next to the last game for Axmen, playing the WhistlePigs. It was pissing down rain and thundering but I wanted to get to the park early bc it was John Fulkerson bobblehead night...haha! I worked with his mom several years at a local elementary school. I know his younger sisters better. The rain would not let up. Team was still in the clubhouse. So I made my rounds, talking with the vendors I've made friends with. Told Andy that I still hadn't gotten my ball signed by Kyle Booker yet. He said: Go ask that guy...he's the coach. So I tracked him saying "sir, sir." He finally turned around; I told him what I wanted and why. He said: Let me see your ball; I can do you better than that with a real game ball. Wait right here. I did and he was back within 5 minutes. I was thrilled! Coach said: Hang onto that ball because that kid's gonna play in the pros. Game finally got started after they rolled up the tarps, filled in sinkholes, and relined home plate. Weird, muddy, messy game. Freezing cold even with a rain jacket, hat, and a beach towel. It was after 11PM and I had to leave with Axmen leading 7-3. Raining again. They won 10-3. Going tomorrow night.

1659763763483.jpeg

Last edited:
Next to the last game for Axmen, playing the WhistlePigs. It was pissing down rain and thundering but I wanted to get to the park early bc it was John Fulkerson bobblehead night...haha! I worked with his mom several years at a local elementary school. I know his younger sisters better. The rain would not let up. Team was still in the clubhouse. So I made my rounds, talking with the vendors I've made friends with. Told Andy that I still hadn't gotten my ball signed by Kyle Booker yet. He said: Go ask that guy...he's the coach. So I tracked him saying "sir, sir." He finally turned around; I told him what I wanted and why. He said: Let me see your ball; I can do you better than that with a real game ball. Wait right here. I did and he was back within 5 minutes. I was thrilled! Coach said: Hang onto that ball because that kid's gonna play in the pros. Game finally got started after they rolled up the tarps, filled in sinkholes, and relined home plate. Weird, muddy, messy game. Freezing cold even with a rain jacket, hat, and a beach towel. It was after 11PM and I had to leave with Axmen leading 7-3. Raining again. They won 10-3. Going tomorrow night.

View attachment 478150

Now that's dedication. Bravo Juanita.

1f6a8.png
Our Kingsport Axmen finish the 2022 season with the BEST record in the Appy League!
1f6a8.png

https://www.facebook.com/kptappybal...58I17FAeVPvF5-NEfR9OktUXmEEKJuk&__tn__=<<,P-R
Kingsport Axmen Appy League Baseball: Fan Dugout
9 hrs ·
Tonight’s final Kingsport Axmen game of the regular season has been cancelled due to inclement weather.
We finish the year (37-17), (19-7) at home, (18-10) on the road.
Our Axmen will go for the Appy League title on Monday night in Burlington. #AxesUp

Unfortunately the Owls season came to an end last night, a win short of making the playoffs.

Thanks to the kindness of @txbo we gave eight tickets to all of our home games to agencies for people going through some difficult times.

In other good news, here’s a photo of Buddy, our ballpark dog.

View attachment 476586
That @txbo is an ok guy.
Just don’t tell him we said that...don’t want him to think we actually like him!
😉

Reactions: txbo and @1RBFjr
Not sure if this goes here or someone needs to make a 2023 Summer league thread.

Don’t @ me, I’m just a noob.

Not sure if this goes here or someone needs to make a 2023 Summer league thread.

Don’t @ me, I’m just a noob.

Good question. Yep. Several guys have already been assigned and signed with teams for 2023 summer.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back