Official 2020 Record Prediction Thread

What will our record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why do people still float the idea of us losing to Kentucky...EVER...we’ve lost twice in 30 some odd years or something like that. Enough with that garbage.

Even Butch owned UK.

They can’t beat us no matter the circumstances just like we can’t beat Florida.

Reactions: TennVols12
I know no one will agree but I think we pull at least one major upset. I think we beat Bama or Ga.

Do we have 4-5 bench players no. Do we have 4-5 starters across the board yes! It doesn't take an entire team full of 5 stars to beat bama! Otherwise they would never lose. It takes big time players, making big time plays in big moments. Again if the three kids I mentioned are special. The entire landscape of the SEC changes.
We don’t have 4-5* starters across the boards bro..

This is not a year to bet on games. Players missing time could throw everything off.

I think 6-4 is on the cautiously optimistic side so that’s what I went with. Let’s hope we get all the breaks and surprise everyone though.

5 and 5, if we had a top notch QB,then i would say 7 and 3, with no improvement in JG in 2 years, and no spring for our young QB's pushing him i would say 5 and 5.

Reactions: 08Vol
We don’t have 4-5* starters across the boards bro..

We have 36 total 4-5 star kids. That's more than Auburn, but less than UF, UGA, and Bama. Only 22 starters on offense and defense, so yes we have the talent to play with anyone!!! Again all we need are a few SPECIAL players.

I voted 7-3. I might not put money in it. Lol. But at some point TN will turn a corner and be a good team. College football is so cyclical and we are historically a top 10-15 program. Plus we’re entering year 3 with a coach and the team has shown some promise. My biggest concern is starting JG. This will be his 4th year as a starter! He’s virtually never had any competition for the spot. Maybe that first year with dormady. But after that it’s just permanently been his job and yet he’s not a good qb. He’s not even the guy that’s talented but hasn’t put it all together and is inconsistent with his decision making. Hell I’d settle for that. Instead he’s a guy that has struggled with decision making at times (to say the least) that’s probably as unathletic as anyone we’ve had play the position here. He can’t make anything happen with his legs. Or even buy thin when they gs break down. His legs are a liability...

So much depends on how our QB plays.
Outside of covid issues, this is really what the season boils down to. Defense is gonna be good. OL is going to be good to potentially great, RB is solid, WR is a little unknown but we are talented there...If JG somehow, some way turns the corner this year we could really be looking at a surprise season. I just dont know though, I'll believe a JG turnaround when I see it.

We have 36 total 4-5 star kids. That's more than Auburn, but less than UF, UGA, and Bama. Only 22 starters on offense and defense, so yes we have the talent to play with anyone!!! Again all we need are a few SPECIAL players.
Ok, do the same but only for 5*

Outside of covid issues, this is really what the season boils down to. Defense is gonna be good. OL is going to be good to potentially great, RB is solid, WR is a little unknown but we are talented there...If JG somehow, some way turns the corner this year we could really be looking at a surprise season. I just dont know though, I'll believe a JG turnaround when I see it.
Yep. Right there with you. JG can have some moments and games, but not going to go far with him. I look for HB or another guy to be the starter halfway through the season.

Ok, do the same but only for 5*

Look guy they have had higher rated classes then us I openly admit that. But, you need to stop acting like we are vandy. We are consistently in the top 15 in recruiting, and have the talent to play with anyone! Again a few guys being special is all it takes!

Look guy they have had higher rated classes then us I openly admit that. But, you need to stop acting like we are vandy. We are consistently in the top 15 in recruiting, and have the talent to play with anyone! Again a few guys being special is all it takes!
Ok guy, 10 of 14 SEC teams have a few “special guys”. We aren’t there yet. Relax.

Reactions: KBVol
Good enough to convince people that Tennessee has the best staff in America.

But, bad enough to finish 5-5.

Ok guy, 10 of 14 SEC teams have a few “special guys”. We aren’t there yet. Relax.

Are you the optimism police or something? I bet you're real fun at parties.

I don't think you understand what special means. What kind of record does LSU have last year without Joe burrow? You think A&M beats Bama without Jonny Manziel? I believe in my heart that we have 3 guys that could be that kind of program changer. I'm super high on the future of guys like Hyatt, and HB. Plus with the talent on the O-line this year Gray should have a big year. Our offense should be exciting to watch this year. Combine that with a D that hasn't done anything but improve each year under CJP, and something could be brewing in TN. Again... I can't believe anything less will happen, until it doesn't!

I chose 6-4,it could end up being anywhere from 5-5 to 8-2. Gonna be a crazy year either way,no telling what happens to other teams on our schedule this year.

VN Store

Back