Official 2020 Record Prediction Thread

What will our record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are 6 teams with more preseason All SEC members so I picked 4-6. I don’t think coaching gets us any extra wins so it comes down to having better players. We have better players than 4 teams we play so we win 4 games.

Today I’ve been reading a lot on here and it seems we’ve been hit pretty hard with this tracing stuff. Obviously that hurts, but I’ve come across a thought that’s given me some hope.
This is year 3, and other than our wide receivers we’ve got lots of returning experience. If theres any year you don’t wanna be breaking a bunch of new guys in, it’s this one. On top of that returning experience, it’s gonna be these guys 3rd year under Pruitt. They should have a much better understanding of the defensive scheme even with limited practice this year. Think I’ve been previously underestimating how big of a factor experience is gonna be this season compared to a normal year.
With all this in mind, I wouldn’t be surprised if we really turned the corner this season, like 7-3 or 8-2. Here’s to hoping.
GO VOLS

If the defensive line steps up and makes strides from last year then we could win 7, maybe 8 games if the cards lay out right.

How can SDS say we are headed to a 4-6 season? Is it JG? the graduating receivers?
We are likely dogs in 5, but author thinks we also drop to UK, which could be a 60-40 or 50-50 game by then. Don't think he's giving us the same credit for upsetting a similar game, like Au or TAMU, which is reasonable jmo. 5-5 seems more reliable than 4-6.

I went with 6-4. I'll reserve judgement if that is a successful season, or not. If UT is competitive in their losses and appear to be closing the gap, then I'll be happy going into 2021. Too many variables, outside of football, this season.

VN Store

Back