Official 2018 Summer Ball Thread

I think Stallings made the most noise in the summer. He crushed it in his 3 starts. 21 K wow and no walks......

Stallings was one of the top pitchers in the Cape Cod League this summer over his three starts, posting a 21-0 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 18 innings of work. Baseball America writer Teddy Cahill mentioned Stallings as one of the five pitchers in the Cape this summer that raised their profiles heading into the fall.

Reactions: StarRaider
I think the pitching next year will be dominant. I’m impressed by the way the guys have performed this summer. I’m excited about the potential for next season.

Reactions: Vol Fan 5
I think the pitching next year will be dominant. I’m impressed by the way the guys have performed this summer. I’m excited about the potential for next season.

"Dominant" may be a little strong.......I think its good enough that we have the chance to take a weekend series as long as our defense and hitting supplement the pitching.

"Dominant" may be a little strong.......I think its good enough that we have the chance to take a weekend series as long as our defense and hitting supplement the pitching.
I’m pretty bullish on Crochet. Over the last month of the season he was lights out. Lefty pumping mid 90’s mixed with the rest of his arsenal is 1st round talent. Lingo could be a top 3 round guy and I think Stallings could pitch himself into top 5 or 10 round. Then I didn’t even bring up the most consistent starter in Neely or Hunley who is SEC all freshman. It will def be a position of strength.

I’m pretty bullish on Crochet. Over the last month of the season he was lights out. Lefty pumping mid 90’s mixed with the rest of his arsenal is 1st round talent. Lingo could be a top 3 round guy and I think Stallings could pitch himself into top 5 or 10 round. Then I didn’t even bring up the most consistent starter in Neely or Hunley who is SEC all freshman. It will def be a position of strength.

agree completely.....pitching may be the strongest since I can remember. Whether its Lingo or someone else, we need a dominant closer who can go an inning +. Now we just need a bullpen by committee to get 2-3 innings mid game.

Vitello was quoted saying on an earlier video that SEC wins get you in the postseason and Mid-week wins gets you hosting.........personally I'd like to host a few series at Lindsey Nelson.

The RPI also counts and losing a mid week game towards the end of the season could potentially kill a team's RPI, if your team was on the bubble, that could be all she wrote...happens to some team every year.

15-15 in conference with a crappy RPI is taking a huge chance on the committee. 15-15 with a terrific RPI is a almost a lock IMO.

Linginfelter started Game 1 of the playoffs for Brewster. He left with one out in the 5th, a 4-0 lead, and 2 runners on. The reliever allowed 4 runs in the inning so a ND for him.

4.1ip 2H 4BB

Linginfelter started Game 1 of the playoffs for Brewster. He left with one out in the 5th, a 4-0 lead, and 2 runners on. The reliever allowed 4 runs in the inning so a ND for him.

4.1ip 2H 4BB

Those Walks just won't go away dang it

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back