Official 2018 Summer Ball Thread

This talk about SS started last summer when most of thought the roster lacked a SS and we would be awful at that position. We had lost 2 "true" SS that supposedly were defensive guys. Well those 2 guys combined for 12 errors in 2017. So I'd say Lip did an admirable job filling in only making 2 more errors than the year before.

I agree with you 100 percent. Andre was thrown to the wolves playing a position that he’s never played before because they didn’t have anyone else. 2nd half of the season he was pretty damn good. Ideally I think the staff would like to play him at 2nd assuming Ricky Martinez wins the job at short. I’d think this would be the best for the trajectory of Andre’s professional career. I think Andre can be a top 5 round pick in next years draft.

I agree with you 100 percent. Andre was thrown to the wolves playing a position that he’s never played before because they didn’t have anyone else. 2nd half of the season he was pretty damn good. Ideally I think the staff would like to play him at 2nd assuming Ricky Martinez wins the job at short. I’d think this would be the best for the trajectory of Andre’s professional career. I think Andre can be a top 5 round pick in next years draft.

I can see him emerging like India for Florida if he improves at the plate.

Reactions: 1 person

I hope he is drafted high but this is not about making Andre rich it’s about Tennessee winning. And if Tennessee wins Andre will be just fine in the draft.

I hope he is drafted high but this is not about making Andre rich it’s about Tennessee winning. And if Tennessee wins Andre will be just fine in the draft.

I agree. I think Andre would make a very good 2nd, 3rd or 1st basemen. It might end up being 1st. I could see an outfield of Soularie, Daniels and Ammons and keeping Charleston at 2nd. So either Andre at 3rd or 1st or Pence at 3rd or 1st.

I’m feeling good about this upcoming season and think we will have several drafted after it is over.

I always feel good about an upcoming season, but, for many years now, just hasn't worked out like I wanted...maybe this season...:crossfingers:

GO BIG ORANGE!

I always feel good about an upcoming season, but, for many years now, just hasn't worked out like I wanted...maybe this season...:crossfingers:

GO BIG ORANGE!

Same here. We just seem deeper this yr at all positions. We were knocking on the door last year and we should be improved at every position for 2019. Numerous starters from 2018 will not be starting in 2019...imo.

Reactions: 1 person
Same here. We just seem deeper this yr at all positions. We were knocking on the door last year and we should be improved at every position for 2019. Numerous starters from 2018 will not be starting in 2019...imo.

heard that...we have a small core coming back that I feel good about, but just hope the pitching comes around...makes me feel good to hear about Lingo, Schultzy, Lip Bros, and especially Zach making some noise in the summer...:thumbsup:

PS. thanks to all for the info...:salute:

GO BIG ORANGE!

heard that...we have a small core coming back that I feel good about, but just hope the pitching comes around...makes me feel good to hear about Lingo, Schultzy, Lip Bros, and especially Zach making some noise in the summer...:thumbsup:

PS. thanks to all for the info...:salute:

GO BIG ORANGE!

I like the pitching situation. Crochet, Neeley, Lingo, Stallings, Hunley, Walsh, Wallace, Plummer, Schultz not even counting who is coming in. Not sure what Heflin did this summer but even Harper-Cook had a great summer from the stats I have seen. All these guys will be a year older, stronger and more experienced.

Reactions: RollerVol
I like the pitching situation. Crochet, Neeley, Lingo, Stallings, Hunley, Walsh, Wallace, Plummer, Schultz not even counting who is coming in. Not sure what Heflin did this summer but even Harper-Cook had a great summer from the stats I have seen. All these guys will be a year older, stronger and more experienced.

I agree the pitching will be a strength. I also know the staff is very high on Elijah Pleasants.

I think that’s why the staff wants him to specialize in getting just one or two batters then getting the hook I think it makes a ton of sense

VN Store

Back