Official 2017 NFL Playoffs thread

The GOAT conversation for an NFL QB cannot be argued with any logic. I used to think it could but in all honesty, it cant. Different eras, different rules. In Montanas day, defenses could maul offensive players. DL could take QBS heads off with no worries. DBs could take WRs heads off. Brady has actually had rules created for him in the NFL. Also, Montana has never been involved with as many cheating allegations as Brady. In todays NFL, the game is much more tailored to the offense. Still, one cannot take away Bradys talents and accomplishments.

But to argue that Brady or Montana is the GOAT is ridiculous. Both are HOF QBs that are some of the greatest NFL players ever.

The trick is you compare them to their peers. Compared to his peers, Brady has elite stats and he is the greatest winner ever. Compared to his peers, Montana had great stats and he was an elite winner.

Brady > Montana

Reactions: 1 person
The trick is you compare them to their peers. Compared to his peers, Brady has elite stats and he is the greatest winner ever. Compared to his peers, Montana had great stats and he was an elite winner.

Brady > Montana

Its not that simple. How are the greats defined? By how they perform on the biggest stage. In football, that would be the super bowl. Using super bowl stats, Montana> Brady. Also, look atthe super bowl wins. Montana was the captain of the biggest SB domination in history. On the other hand, Brady has had to rely on his FG kicker to win 3 of his. Brady also threw more in his Super Bowls. Like I said, trying to argue the GOAT in football is impossible.

Yes Brady has elite stats. But its a different era. How would Montana have been in Bradys era? Or vice versa? Its all personal opinion.

Its not that simple. How are the greats defined? By how they perform on the biggest stage. In football, that would be the super bowl. Using super bowl stats, Montana> Brady. Also, look atthe super bowl wins. Montana was the captain of the biggest SB domination in history. On the other hand, Brady has had to rely on his FG kicker to win 3 of his. Brady also threw more in his Super Bowls. Like I said, trying to argue the GOAT in football is impossible.

Yes Brady has elite stats. But its a different era. How would Montana have been in Bradys era? Or vice versa? Its all personal opinion.

Brady has elite stats compared to his peers. Montana does not. That's how i know brady is a more impressive passer.

4-2 in SB is better than 4-0. It means he won more.

They're definitely not defined by Super Bowl margin of victory, lol

Please share with your OR peeps. I'm gonna feel really bad if I started this and he doesn't raise much money. I got a hold of boosters and trying to spread the word, but I haven't lived in OR for 20 years.

Dave has given blood, sweat, tears, and money he doesn't really have to the community. I just need to get the gofundme page in front of people that know that about him.

Following up: we're up to $2,000 and getting some press which resulted in the Swamp Rat contributing and someone claiming to be Julio Jones.

Falcons fans turn to GoFundMe to get tickets for Super Bowl 2017 | Talk of the Town

so has it been established that Joe flaccos super bowl run was the biggest anomaly in the history of the NFL or no

Flacco has won a ton of playoff road games, including winning in New England twice. His playoff TD:INT ratio is better than Roethlisberger's even if you take out that postseason, and is dramatically better (25:10 vs. 25:23) when it's included. I didn't expect him to produce arguably the greatest QB playoff run in history, but people also don't give him enough credit.

Last edited:
Flacco has won a ton of playoff road games, including winning in New England twice. His playoff TD:INT ratio is better than Roethlisberger's even if you take out that postseason, and is dramatically better (25:10 vs. 25:23) when it's included. I didn't expect him to produce arguably the greatest QB playoff run in history, but people also don't give him enough credit.

He's played very well in the playoffs. But his regular season stats are mediocre at best.

So he's gotten a good bit of support. There are quite a few tickets out there that are sub $3000.

Yeah. Any extra money we get will go to his radio broadcasting of the ORHS basketball tournaments, so the more the merrier. I am going to buy the ticket instead of giving him the money because I know he'd take the worst seat in the house and save the money for the program. I'll go for the best deal.

I think the Oak Ridger is supposed to do a story on it, so that should bring in some more.

Dave told me somebody walked up to him at the HS basketball game last night and just handed him $20, LOL.

Reactions: 2 people
Confirmed, the donation came from the real Julio Jones. He posted this image to FB

16298551_1344998775564568_4533639516412117640_n.png

Especially considering you organized this yourself (I think), you've done a hell of a job. Congrats.

Thanks. Like I said before, I am not well-connected in Oak Ridge but I got attention from just a few people and then it took off. It speaks to who David is a person and has little to do with my efforts.

I chuckled, couldn't think of anywhere else to post this.

And that would involve restricting freedom of speech which I doubt he can do since this isn't saying something illegal or encouraging or telling a person to do something illegal.

VN Store

Back