Official 2016 Summer Baseball Thread

You're the one that asked if there was anything new on Westphal. How would you know this then?

Brewster released him and Soto on the same day. So unless he joined another summer team he went home. I guess he could also be on campus.

Brewster released him and Soto on the same day. So unless he joined another summer team he went home. I guess he could also be on campus.

I'm guessing and totally speculating that Westphal went to throw a limited number of innings...

I'm guessing and totally speculating that Westphal went to throw a limited number of innings...

I remember an interview with Serrano at the start of summer where he said he might just throw the first month.

Valley Blue Sox
@BlueSoxGameday: T9: Making his pitching debut for The Blue Sox RHP Brodie Leftridge (U of Tennessee)

Hunter Martin picks up the win tonight.
8ip 3H 0R 0ER 2BB 3K

He was mowing them down tonight, but I was a little surprised when he came out for the 8th inning.

His stats for the season.

4-1 in 7 appearances, 2.40 ERA, 45 IP, 31 K's, 15 BB, 38 H

Valley Blue Sox
@BlueSoxGameday: T9: Making his pitching debut for The Blue Sox RHP Brodie Leftridge (U of Tennessee)

He did about as well as their pitchers tonight.

1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 K, 31

He was 1-4 at the plate with 2 K's.

Last edited:
Valley Blue Sox

Did Brodie pitch this game because it was a blowout or is he actually being tried as a pitcher at times as well?

VN Store

Back