Offensive Rebounding

JohnTN

In the NCSU game both teams only had 3 offensive rebounds. I have noticed that when outside shots are taken the offense players seem to just watch the shot to see if it goes in instead of moving to get position if the shot misses. Although both teams shot 45% from the field they were a combined 10 of 29 from 3 point range. 19 chances for ORBs. Will be interesting to watch the remaining tournament games with an eye on how these top 16 teams rebound on the offensive boards.Also, the top four teams in each region advanced to the sweet 16.

In the NCSU game both teams only had 3 offensive rebounds. I have noticed that when outside shots are taken the offense players seem to just watch the shot to see if it goes in instead of moving to get position if the shot misses. Although both teams shot 45% from the field they were a combined 10 of 29 from 3 point range. 19 chances for ORBs. Will be interesting to watch the remaining tournament games with an eye on how these top 16 teams rebound on the offensive boards.Also, the top four teams in each region advanced to the sweet 16.

If I had a dollar for every time I screamed ”Follow Your Shot” at both the men’s and women’s team this year, I would have more money than the $1.1B Megamillions winner would have after taxes.

If I had a dollar for every time I screamed ”Follow Your Shot” at both the men’s and women’s team this year, I would have more money than the $1.1B Megamillions winner would have after taxes.
Lmaoooo “follow your shot” plssss not upward coaching

Not upward. I heard that a million times in high school. Too often the shot comes back toward shooter…..
Sigh… bad HS coaches then. Probably hear it from parents tbh who are clueless.

9/10 in college the shooter is the first defender (esp if a 3) to stop transition

Does depend on system but shooters should not follow their shot unless they know off rip it’s a miss

Reactions: OrangeInKy
In
Sigh… bad HS coaches then. Probably hear it from parents tbh who are clueless.

9/10 in college the shooter is the first defender (esp if a 3) to stop transition

Does depend on system but shooters should not follow their shot unless they know off rip it’s a miss
@VolBall09

Poffenbarger could help in the rebound department.
Assuming this is blue font? If Poff were to help anyone rebound it would be a newfound skill since her last school seems to actively discourage rebounding. One of the strangest things (among way too many) I saw this year was the number of times Arkansas completely skiped any attempt to rebound against us. It's one of those metric based coaching philosophies, and in Arky's case, not a very good one.

Assuming this is blue font? If Poff were to help anyone rebound it would be a newfound skill since her last school seems to actively discourage rebounding. One of the strangest things (among way too many) I saw this year was the number of times Arkansas completely skiped any attempt to rebound against us. It's one of those metric based coaching philosophies, and in Arky's case, not a very good one.
I mean, she was 9th in the NCAA and 1st in the SEC in defensive rebounding percentage. I didn't watch Arkansas enough, though, to know whether that's more a product of their system vs. any particular skill she brings to rebounding.

"and the beat goes on...loddy dadee dah" slow day when a Lady Vol Thread pops in......lets see who heads for the portal away.....and then look for replacements. The OBVIOUS is another big to play with Jillian. Also, another ,if available and will come, is a a solid replacement for Rickea.

I'm gonna back up what @VolFuture said, most teams SOP is that the 3-point shooter is your "get-back" guy. If you don't have a designated get-back person (typically the 3-point shooter or the deepest offensive player) then you are going to get burnt on runouts all day. This is first day summer bb camp stuff really.

VN Store

Back