Offense Wins Thursday Scrimmage

“I thought tackling in the open field wasn’t as good and consistent as it was the other day. Gave up a couple of big runs. You’ve got to have gap integrity,” Heupel said afterwards. “You’ve got to tackle well. There were times where it was really efficient and good on the defensive side of the ball. There were a couple of big plays that we gave up that you can’t do."

“I thought the running backs as a group did some really positive things. Dylan Sampson made some people miss, did a great job pressing double teams. Cam Seldon did a really nice job running the football, good job taking care of it. DeSean Bishop. There were a lot of really good things from that running back room in particular.”

- CJH

Hubbs said Sampson had a long run, I assume for TD based on everyone's comments, but nobody has said it was an actual TD. He also said Seldon flashed. So Heup and Hubbs both kinda gushed over Sampson and Seldon's performance today.

Good sign there with Cooper out and the OL unsettled.

Hubbs said Sampson had a long run, I assume for TD based on everyone's comments, but nobody has said it was an actual TD. He also said Seldon flashed. So Heup and Hubbs both kinda gushed over Sampson and Seldon's performance today.

Good sign there with Cooper out and the OL unsettled.

It was a touchdown. They posted video of the end of the run on instagram.

Thats really encouraging about the Rb situation, especially with Small and Wright missing a lot of action. I'm curious how that room will look in August. Obviously we don't get the whole story, but I'm curious if the big runs were between the tackles or outside runs. Tillman didn't get a ton of recognition but he was a beast blocking on the perimeter and hopefully somebody steps up in that dept so we can get sideline to sideline.

Thats really encouraging about the Rb situation, especially with Small and Wright missing a lot of action. I'm curious how that room will look in August. Obviously we don't get the whole story, but I'm curious if the big runs were between the tackles or outside runs. Tillman didn't get a ton of recognition but he was a beast blocking on the perimeter and hopefully somebody steps up in that dept so we can get sideline to sideline.

Bru, Thornton and Keyton are all pretty big dudes. Have definitely seen Bru and Keyton do good work blocking. Sure we’ll be fine there.

He's like that | Tennessee Football |

Wow...we might have an actual problem come Fall. FIVE RBs that can all contribute / play significant time !!!
Small, Wright, Sampson, Seldon, Bishop...that's a stacked room for sure.

Hmmm, that actual problem might be the defense....or the lack of one!

Wow...we might have an actual problem come Fall. FIVE RBs that can all contribute / play significant time !!!
Small, Wright, Sampson, Seldon, Bishop...that's a stacked room for sure.
Heup should throw together a couple of wishbone sets just to give opposing defenses more heartburn 😂

VN Store

Back