Offense Matters

The game moved really quickly. Hardly any stoppages by the officials. Mom and I stayed until the end. The intra-squad game afterwards was disappointing. IIRC they cut it short as it was pretty dull. The cancelled Memphis game in Nashville reminded me of the scrimmage.

I’m one of a handful of TN fans that stayed until the end for Temple in 1973, Gary Carter’s steal and game winner versus American on 12/18/1981, and the Stoerner fumble in 1998. Gus Manning was most likely there for all 3 as well. He turns 99 in about 6 months. Thumbs up to Little Creek for keeping him safe during the pandemic.

Vol Legend celebrates 97th Birthday

Was Covid-19 a thing since the fifties? We likely didn’t know Fulk wasn’t going to play until a few hours before tip since he traveled. Chandler was the obvious out since he didn’t show up to the arena and stayed in Knox. Since Early 2020 sports changed. This isn’t the fifties anymore.
Fulky didn’t travel and had not been around the team since the Arizona game.

Here's a difference: As a follower of Vol sports since the Fifties, I don't recall even one instance of the Football staff (any Vol football staff) failing to put out the word well before the game that our team would be short-handed going into the game against Alabama (or whoever). Why can't the current basketball staff show the same courtesy to the rabid Vol fan base? Doing so has no effect on the outcome of the game, but it lets fans know what to expect, or not expect, to some extent.
It appears to me that fewer coaches across all sports are discussing injuries these days.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Here's a difference: As a follower of Vol sports since the Fifties, I don't recall even one instance of the Football staff (any Vol football staff) failing to put out the word well before the game that our team would be short-handed going into the game against Alabama (or whoever). Why can't the current basketball staff show the same courtesy to the rabid Vol fan base? Doing so has no effect on the outcome of the game, but it lets fans know what to expect, or not expect, to some extent.

There were rumors on here days in advance if you were willing to sift through a mountain of Covid misinformation. Nothing got confirmed, but there was definitely some smoke.

Maybe it's because he's been here so long, but there always seems to be something wrong with Fulky. He's rarely healthy or so it seems.

I think I see your point, but what is your experience in your life [ especially in the last 3 years of this epidemic world] that your expectations have been met by the games you have watched. I still do not believe that it is anyone's business for him to know the kids who are too sick to play. I think releasing that information plays into the hands of the opposing coaches who will alter their game plan for the game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I go to the 60's and can't see a reason to make a scout any easier for an opponent. Keeping an opponent in the dark seems more beneficial than alerting the fans.

VN Store

Back