Of all the names that have been named..

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
Rank your list of these coaches that have been reported to be candidates based on who you’d pick.
1.) Matt Campbell
2.) Lane Kiffin
3.) Hugh Freeze
4.) Jamie Chadwell
5.) James Franklin
6.) Tony Elliot
7.) Josh Heupel
8.) Jeff Fisher
9.) PJ Fleck
10.) Lance Leipold
11.) Kevin Steele
12.) Sonny Dykes
edit: left out a few. And Called Matt Campbell Scott lol. I know a Scott Campbell so it was a brain fart!
This is mine. Can ANYBODY make me understand what is the upside (if any at all) to Sonny Dykes?! I can see merit (even the tiniest amount) in all of the others. I see zero upside to hiring Sonny Dykes

Last edited:
Reactions: hillsborovol
I know it’ll probably never happen but I’d love to have Hugh “Shake that money maker” Freeze.

Scott Campbell you mean Matt Campbell from Iowa State? I’d love to have him.

Reactions: Easyriders
Rank your list of these coaches that have been reported to be candidates based on who you’d pick.
1.) Scott Campbell
2.) Lane Kiffin
3.) Hugh Freeze
4.) Jamie Chadwell
5.) James Franklin
6.) Tony Elliot
7.) Josh Heupel
8.) Jeff Fisher
9.) PJ Fleck
10.) Lane Leipold
11.) Kevin Steele
12.) Sonny Dykes

This is mine. Can ANYBODY make me understand what is the upside (if any at all) to Sonny Dykes?! I can see merit (even the tiniest amount) in all of the others. I see zero upside to hiring Sonny Dykes
Who’s Scott Campbell? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: PNW Huskie
You left out some names that have been mentioned: Bob Stoops...Chris Petersen...Gary Patterson...Nick Saban (hey, he was mentioned!)...Dabo Swinney (lol yep, him too)...

some of those are just as serious as some of the ones you name, like Kiffin and Freeze, Franklin and Fisher. :)

Why not Tom Herman? Great recruiter, great offensive mind. Power 5 winning experince. Took Texas outta the gutter to places they haven't been in the last 10 years. Him with Steele as the DC might be great. I think him getting fired by his dream job where he played his college ball mighta humbled him a bit... maybe to the point of going to Tennessee with a chip on his shoulder. Also no buy out to pay for, right?

1.) Scott Campbell
2.) Lane Kiffin
3.) Hugh Freeze
4.) Jamie Chadwell
5.) James Franklin
6.) Tony Elliot
7.) Josh Heupel
8.) Jeff Fisher
9.) PJ Fleck
10.) Lane Leipold
11.) Kevin Steele
12.) Sonny Dykes

I like your list. I would include Fickell and add him closer to the top than the bottom.

Reactions: peyton4heisman
I hated James Franklin when he was at Vandy but wouldn’t be sad at all to see him in Orange. Hugh Freeze would be my top choice though.

Gruden> Campbell> Freeze> Kiffy> Herman> Franklin> Fleck> Leipold> Chadwell> Napier> Elliot> Fischer> Dykes.

Last edited:
1.) Matt Campbell
2.) Hugh Freeze
4.) PJ Fleck
5.) Kiffen
6.) Chadwell
7.) Tony Elliot
8.) Josh Heupel
9.) Jeff Fisher
10.) Lane LeLeopold
11.) Franklin
11.) Kevin Steele
11.) Sonny Dykes

Franklin would be tied for last. If we hire him, we are pathetic. There is no other bigger azz in all of college football. Would make it hard for this lifelong fan to watch.

I think its gonna be Chadwell.... Been awfully quiet about him and think White is steering folks

VN Store

Back