Odds on Butch still coaching Vandy game?

JACK8254

My best guess in 7-5 that he wont make it that far. Hope he wins out, for what thats worth. If he does, we dont need to start over. Give him 1 more year, buyout will shrink and maybe a more suitable coach becomes available. Someone please explain why Gruden would be a sure thing. Hasnt coached in 10 years, never been a HC in college, left Tampa with tar and feathers, etc.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't get the Gruden cheese melt either. But honestly I'm fried by the way we have become since Fulmer. I miss not knowing our identity. I miss a fullback. I miss power running. And I miss Manning dissecting defenses. Find a coach that doesn't play soft.

Reactions: 12 people
I expected him to be terminated after UGA. I'm coming to the realization that he won't be fired until the seasons over. Hell Currie may night even pull the trigger then.

Reactions: 1 person
If the stadium is pretty full for both So Miss and LSU then JOnes will be the coach for the Vandy game. As long as the consumers are still buying the product they wont make a change. Its a business.

I'm starting to think Butch helped Currie dispose of a hooker. It's the only logical reason why he's still our HC

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I'm starting to think Butch helped Currie dispose of a dead hooker. It's the only logical reason why he's still our HC

Haha. I’ve saud my opinion all along, if Butch coached the Kentucky game, he’s here till the end. There is a couple with “sources” who have guaranteed he’s gone Sunday, we shall see.

I think he finishes the season. I also think there is no possible way for him to win out. So we are hopefully looking at 6-6 but likely looking at 5-7 or worse. Thats way too far to fall, and he will be done after that. No way they let him hang around another year.

We'll lose to KY, LSU, Missouri; that's 7 losses. We might beat Southern Miss. If we don't Butch could get booed out of the stadium. Losing to Southern Miss would make us 3-6.

Haha. I’ve saud my opinion all along, if Butch coached the Kentucky game, he’s here till the end. There is a couple with “sources” who have guaranteed he’s gone Sunday, we shall see.

Don’t mean to be, well mean, but I think every reasonable serious fan knew CBJ would be here thru the Kentucky game. Beyond that I don’t know. Lot of factors involved. And you NEVER NEVER fire because of losing a few recruits. Just not much if any advantage gained by firing the head coach at this stage. We’ll see AFTER the Kentucky game.....

My best guess in 7-5 that he wont make it that far. Hope he wins out, for what thats worth. If he does, we dont need to start over. Give him 1 more year, buyout will shrink and maybe a more suitable coach becomes available. Someone please explain why Gruden would be a sure thing. Hasnt coached in 10 years, never been a HC in college, left Tampa with tar and feathers, etc.

7-5 is extremely generous.

We do not match up well against Vandy this year, they can shut you down if your one dimensional.

Heck, we are not even ONE dimensional.....we have not scored an offensive TD in 14 quarters. The only way we beat Kensucky is if the D gets 2-3 pick-sixes! :thud:

Reactions: 2 people

If Butch is brought back we have some very serious problems with the decision makers and we will never be anything more than a punchline in the world of college football again.

Does Derek Mason hold the final golden spike to Butch Jones coffin, it would be ironic, no?

Personally I think that LSU being as late as it is a good thing for Jones hopes. He can sell turning the corner if they upset them. Most years we have all sorry teams on back end.

Vandy's faithful can't wait! They'll be glad to drive the final nail! What's worse, is the vocal group of fan-boys that support this insanity!

He should have fired after the SC game. I have no idea why he’s still here. I don’t care if he wins out (no way in h$ll he does) he needs to be gone. I haven’t seen Tennessee football in over 10 years. Time to bring in a winner.

Reactions: 3 people
I support This program no matter wins or loses. I'm hoping for a bowl game and pulling for the Big Orange the rest of the year. The season doesn't end with a loss or two so fan up an support this team.

If we finish 5-7 we WILL get a bowl bid..cuz UT travels well and any weak bowl would LOVE to have us. Butch somehow wins that bowl game (at 5-7) he broadly smiles and raises the trophy and brags afterword: "What a tremendous win it was against a very, very good football team. It showed our resiliency and commitment to complimentary football despite all the adversity this YOUNG football team faced all season. To win our 4th bowl game in a row...hasn't been done here in a long, long time and it shows just how far this program has come in the last 6 years. Smart people know what we're building here and just how far we've come."

Book it.

If we finish 5-7 we WILL get a bowl bid..cuz UT travels well and any weak bowl would LOVE to have us. Butch somehow wins that bowl game (at 5-7) he broadly smiles and raises the trophy and brags afterword: "What a tremendous win it was against a very, very good football team. It showed our resiliency and commitment to complimentary football despite all the adversity this YOUNG football team faced all season. To win our 4th bowl game in a row...hasn't been done here in a long, long time and it shows just how far this program has come in the last 6 years. Smart people know what we're building here and just how far we've come."

Book it.

Butch will be fired after 7th loss.

VN Store

Back