Oculus Quest

GASOUTHERNVOL

Ever drink Bailey's from a shoe?
I got one for the family, (mainly the wife and I) over the weekend. Didn't want to spend a grand on a computer to run a VR environment. Gotta say, so far I am very impressed.

We got a few games. We got Beat Saber for the family, my wife got a game called "The Room," it is a mystery game (I am greatly disappointed that Tommy Wiseau is not involved) and I got Star Trek: Bridge Crew.

Anyone else on?

I’ve got a Quest 2. We’ve played the Room, we need to finish it though. I play Skyrim VR and Half Life: Alyx mostly. Just picked up a game that looks really cool, it’s called Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. The person wearing the headset is in charge of defusing a bomb while the other person has the instructions and has to walk them through defusing the bomb in time. Looks like fun.

I’ve got a Quest 2. We’ve played the Room, we need to finish it though. I play Skyrim VR and Half Life: Alyx mostly. Just picked up a game that looks really cool, it’s called Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. The person wearing the headset is in charge of defusing a bomb while the other person has the instructions and has to walk them through defusing the bomb in time. Looks like fun.

My sister-in-law was telling me about that one. It sounds like a lot of fun.

I would really like to try VR but I am very prone to motion sickness and am afraid that’s all I would get out of it. The wife and kids would love one though, they don’t suffer from the same affliction as me.

Interested to hear more opinions. Almost bought one at Christmas but I was too late and they were sold out.

I would really like to try VR but I am very prone to motion sickness and am afraid that’s all I would get out of it. The wife and kids would love one though, they don’t suffer from the same affliction as me.
I never had motion sickness in my life until I played my first VR game that involved "teleport" movement. 10 minutes of that and I had nausea for about an hour. Other games that involve standing/sitting still and just kind of moving my head and arms around were fine, and games with continuous movement were just fine also. Dramamine and playing in very small chunks has helped.

If I had already experienced motion sickness I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have invested in VR. It's a sucky feeling, but I've spent the money so I'm learning to cope.

I never had motion sickness in my life until I played my first VR game that involved "teleport" movement. 10 minutes of that and I had nausea for about an hour. Other games that involve standing/sitting still and just kind of moving my head and arms around were fine, and games with continuous movement were just fine also. Dramamine and playing in very small chunks has helped.

If I had already experienced motion sickness I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have invested in VR. It's a sucky feeling, but I've spent the money so I'm learning to cope.

I was getting it a little bit, but I got an upgraded strap set-up as the one that came with it was crap. I was able to fully make it fit correctly and it hasn't been an issue really since.

Reactions: CubsFanTN
Thinking about getting one. I do a lot of Iracing and would be awesome with this but worried I would get nauseous.

I've been very tempted to pull the trigger on this a couple of times but knowing that PSVR 2.0 will be out next year, I'm waiting to see how impressive that is first.

Ordered mine today. Looking forward to thrill of the fight and Vader Immortal.

I've been very tempted to pull the trigger on this a couple of times but knowing that PSVR 2.0 will be out next year, I'm waiting to see how impressive that is first.
Most rumors I've seen are holiday season 2022, so a year away still.

Mine came in super fast. And it’s amazing. I just played thrill of the fight and I barely made it 3 rounds. Amazing workout and insanely fun.

Downloaded the Vader Immortal games too. Haven’t had the chance yet but I played one at main event the other day and it was great too. Best decision I’ve made in awhile. If I do 3 rounds of boxing a day, I may get back to my birth weight

Reactions: allvol123
Most rumors I've seen are holiday season 2022, so a year away still.
Yeah Im still not in a rush for VR. I want it, dont get me wrong, but I still feel that the hardware and software arent QUITE there yet. Plus, I'm waiting for more non-gaming applications to come online such as things like College football/NFL VR viewing, VR ringside boxing events, VR travel, concerts, etc.

Reactions: Aesius
This thing is really cool.

The Vader games are awesome.

I bought The Climb 2 as well. Super cool

I know it’s not real, but I still get that feeling down there 😂

These are pretty neat. Bought 2. Sounds silly but the Ping Pong (eleven) is so good. My daughter got finished playing and put her handles on the table to quit and they dropped 3 feet to the floor.

Reactions: NEO
Played a little Medal of Honor today.

Don't know why I waited so long to grab one of these.

Reactions: allvol123
The Climb 2 is good.

I am scared of heights, this doesn’t scare me because I know it isn’t real. That said, VR is good enough that it is very entertaining.

The Climb 2 is good.

I am scared of heights, this doesn’t scare me because I know it isn’t real. That said, VR is good enough that it is very entertaining.
Got the Quest 2 today. Dang!!! I was thoroughly surprised how cool it is. Game recs? I have beat saber and the first ep of Vader.

Specifically, anyone tried golf or a flying game? I thought about Climb, but I'm terrified of heights and don't know if it would F with me. Also, wouldn't mind a shooter.

VN Store

Back