Observations from Farout Field, Memorial Stadium

EDJVol65

Beside our Vols getting their tails kicked here are a few observations from my road trip to Columbia, MO.

First off outside of Vanderbilt that is probably the least spirited atmosphere of any SEC stadium that I have been in. What's the deal with their fans? You would think they would want to stay till the end to enjoy their victory, especially after we had clobbered them the past two years, but they were filing out by mid 4th quarter.

Also, what was the reason why we had no cheerleaders and no band. Every away game I've been two there is usually a small travel band and a group of cheerleaders, but there was no representation from either at this game. Anyone know why? Volnation did travel pretty well and I thought we had a decent represenation of fans considering how far it is to Columbia, MO.

Offensively the penalities and turnovers killed us. Two many 1st and 20's and 2nd and 20's. The defense showed very little heart, especially in the 2nd half. Missouri dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Ex

Last edited:
Reactions: allvols4life
Yeah, I was looking for the hot cheerleaders all through the game. LSU fans did the same; they left before it was over.

There was nothing in the Tennessee uniform or coaching apparel that indicated the university recognized they were playing on veteran's day, General Neyland would have never overlooked the obvious.
Yeah that really stuck out to me. Not sure why this was overlooked, but it certainly was something that could have been easily addressed but wasn’t. Add to that the lack of band and any cheerleaders just really is an odd look for our brand.

How were their fans? One of my friends went and she said that they were awful to her.

I found the fans nice, with exception of only one mouthy young guy. My daughter gave it back in spades.

Not bad, really. I enjoy this trip. Been to every one.

Reactions: SDV and ATC_VOL
I’ve been the last three meetings in Columbia and the only time there was a band was the first one 4 years ago. Not sure what is the determining factor on why they make the trip or not.
As far as the fans, I’ve never been treated anything but nice. Of course as I filed out there were some hecklers asking if the trip was worth it, but that’s expected.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and SDV

VN Store

Back