Obamas' portraits unveiled at Smithsonian

Are all the presidents represented in such a manner at the Smithsonian?

ac10f9edb7a6.gif

Just once, I'd like to see an abstract portrait. Like a Picasso Trump.

I like most all art if the artist truly has a developed style. Some stuff passed off as art ... isn't.

But yeah, let 'em have at it. It's just there is a time and place for all styles. But it would be incongruous, in a not good way, to say, have a picasso esque bust in the capital rotunda.

What you meant to say was that he should conform to the style that all the white men before him did. It’s 2018 sir.

I would say he said what he meant to say and he said it very well......That is not a "portrait", that is a "casual"......a very well done casual, but all the others are true portraits......take your race baiting out of it......

Reactions: 1 person
Having been able to see these Presidential paintings in person just a few years ago, Its funny how the liberal leaning Presidents choose artists with distinct styles and creativity while the conservatives just go for the rigid photorealistic traditional portrait.

Particularly Kennedy, Clinton and now Obama’s. Carter’s is pretty traditional but when you see them all displayed even FDR and LBJ stand out amongst the rest.

I believe W is the first to be shown not wearing a tie.

The answer is yes.

America's Presidents | Smithsonian Institution

But not like it matters. Obama was the first black President. He's worthy of mentioning in our national history museums on that fact alone.

Mehhhh

If all the other presidents are there, then I agree, he should be there.

But I don’t subscribe to it just because he was the first black president.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back