Obama having problems with his own party already?

Fish.

Barrel.

And then they picked Palin.
I don't think Palin was near the problem in the end that McCain was. She was a nice scapegoat, but McCain was just an awful candidate. Palin was his VP choice to appeal to social conservatives (which was idiotic) and to shore up the conservative base. The next time the Republican party picks a candidate whereby they have to shore up the conservative base, they need to remove their heads from their asses and pick a new candidate.

No doubt about it, but I do think he could have won this time on just a straight up message. The compilation of issues fighting against the Rs, including a sorry, non-conservative candidate, was just overwhelming.

Obama could have quit campaigning in October and still won fairly comfortably. The Republicans pretty much screwed John McCain.

I don't think Palin was near the problem in the end that McCain was. She was a nice scapegoat, but McCain was just an awful candidate. Palin was his VP choice to appeal to social conservatives (which was idiotic) and to shore up the conservative base. The next time the Republican party picks a candidate whereby they have to shore up the conservative base, they need to remove their heads from their asses and pick a new candidate.

That's true as well.

This kind of argument simply makes no sense to me. You're trying to convince everyone that he is different than his voting record to date and that his past pet projects just weren't him.

I don't get that.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. It is what I believe he will do while in office. He is smart enough to know governing from the far left isn't going to get this country back on the right track. There may be some social issues he may allow to go further liberal, but on fiscal issues, I think you will see a more conservative approach.

Last edited:
I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. It is what I believe he will do while in office. He is smart enough to know governing from the far left is going to get this country back on the right track. There may be some social issues he may allow to go further liberal, but on fiscal issues, I think you will see a more conservative approach.
that's what I'm saying.

Regardless, there is absolutely no action to support anything you might say on fiscal issues. He's supporting massive spending right now.

I don't disagree, but he has been forced to try to give the economy a shot in the arm. It is interesting that he has already changed his plans somewhat on taxes for businesses and such.

he had no choice. if the economy recovers while obama is in office. . . the rich will have to bend over. i give him credit for not being a complete wackjob liberal (so far more than i expected).

Obama could have quit campaigning in October and still won fairly comfortably. The Republicans pretty much screwed John McCain.

Obama probably could have quit the day after the convention and gotten elected. Once the economy tanked, the horse was out of the barn permanently.

Don't you mean John McCain screwed up the Republicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol_4_Life
Don't you mean GWB and friends screwed up the Republicans?

fyp for accuracy.

I agree with that completely. The Republican Party needs a complete overhaul.

VN Store

Back