Oats to Indiana?

Depends on if he wants to try to take on a fallen blue blood.

At Alabama he's already probably cemented himself for years since the care factor for basketball ball is low, whereas Indiana the pressure will be turned up to 11 even though they are one of those blue bloods that the blue has faded.

Reactions: feathersax
Depends on if he wants to try to take on a fallen blue blood.

At Alabama he's already probably cemented himself for years since the care factor for basketball ball is low, whereas Indiana the pressure will be turned up to 11 even though they are one of those blue bloods that the blue has faded.
I think he should definitely take it.

Indiana has a lot more pressure and a lot higher standards. He could win 20 games a year at Bama, occasionally compete for a sec title and the fans would probably be happy. Don't know if Oats is the kind of guy who wants an intense job like Indiana.

Indiana has a lot more pressure and a lot higher standards. He could win 20 games a year at Bama, occasionally compete for a sec title and the fans would probably be happy. Don't know if Oats is the kind of guy who wants an intense job like Indiana.
I read an article on Facebook talking about Pitino to Indiana. That would be interesting.

Dark Horse:

Brad Stevens. Not going to win a championship in Boston. Can revive a dead program at IU.

weird that IU is better at football than UT, and UT is better than IU in basketball..............
tenor.gif

no mention of this in tuscaloosa newspaper; nor was it mentioned on bham TV last night

if it had been a saban story .... just sayin

Reactions: Border Vol
Oats is good but I'm not completely sold on him yet. He was good at Buffalo and has done well at Alabama so far but the cupboard wasn't exactly bare. IU has gone for the hot name a few times already and gotten burned.

Reactions: Border Vol
Indiana needs to get this right. A booster paid 10 million for Archie's buyout and another booster is anteing up for an elite coach. In my mind, it has to be Pitino. I loathe Indiana, but Pitino would make them competitive immediately. But with that said, he comes with a wee bit of baggage.

VN Store

Back