Oakland vs Blackman ESPN2

It was an entertaining game unbelievably hot though. The sun reflecting off the bleachers gave me one helluva sun burn. About half way through the first quarter the Oakland fans started a chant of "Blackman's garbage" I thought that was classless.

Tennessee high school ball has improved dramatically the last 5 seasons but too say that anywhere in the country having athletes like the Miami area,there's more players recruited in this area than anywhere in the country.

The area is a hotbed. No doubt. But the two teams that played today in Murfreesboro are loaded with talent too. There was 4 guys that will be SEC players, next year, on the field. Countless others who will play college ball.

Dwyer is historically a good team, won the Florida state title last year. However, they lost a lot of talent.

Tennessee high school ball has improved dramatically the last 5 seasons but too say that anywhere in the country having athletes like the Miami area,there's more players recruited in this area than anywhere in the country.

anytime there are 6-8 D1 players on the field at the same time, the competition is high.

Good grief guys... come on now, both of the FL schools would more than likely wax the two Tennessee schools today.

Gibsons high school team would run either Oakland or Blackman off the field. I would put 1k on at least 21 points

I agree with that. Just saw a couple key weaknesses that could be exploited by elite teams. Also, black mans o line was subpar from the stands

People keep saying that but that hasn't been the case in the past. I think Oakland was that good defensively. Jennings needs to learn to move up in the pocket when it's collapsing. He moves back right into the path of the ends. He has a lot to learn still.

People keep saying that but that hasn't been the case in the past. I think Oakland was that good defensively. Jennings needs to learn to move up in the pocket when it's collapsing. He moves back right into the path of the ends. He has a lot to learn still.

Maybe, you know better than I do. Hopefully jr gets a shot. That kicker hit the upright on a PAT

Jennings has a big arm. With the flick of his wrist the ball goes 40-50 yards. Has shown some good accuracy as well (both from the pocket and rolling out). Anybody trying to argue against his potential as a QB is absolutely ignorant. And his athleticism is readily apparent as well. Maybe doesn't have the wheels that TG has, but JJ can play QB.

As for the TN vs FL talent argument, FL has a lot more talent than TN. Nobody is trying to deny that. However, Tennessee does have a good amount of talent, and a disproportionate amount of that talent was on display in this game today. So, while overall Tennessee has less talent, that doesn't mean that our best teams would get smoked against all of Florida's best teams.

Last edited:
Also, Charlie Davidson has a little bit of Cadillac Williams to his game. I don't see how this game doesn't end up bumping his stock a little.

VN Store

Back