Oak Ridge WR Higgins decommits from Tenn

We're pretty set at WR so not that big a loss IMO. Once we finish our season in the playoff we will be getting anyone we want. That's what happens when you play for national championships.

Oklahoma and Michigan State says "Wut"

So now we are the only SEC school with no 2017 commits. Man we should be really pumped!

sky-is-falling-2.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Hahaha! I thought my scroll bar jumped back up the page for a second.

He's got this tweet pinned to the top of his twitter.

Tee Higgins® ‏@teehiggins5 · Jan 11
"This my ticket out of Oak Ridge yo"‼️

Apparently he hates Oak Ridge. Maybe Knoxville isn't far enough away.

Great! He wants a ticket to Clemson, SC.....probably the most backwards racist college football town in America....with the worst and most annoying always over confident fan base.....

Makes sense to me!

Reactions: 1 person
They want to see us win.

B.S.

Coach has done everything he was expected to do last season. Ends the season with 6 wins. Dominated in the bowl game, and came through in recruiting 2016. Almost everyone says we will be a top 10 team next year. What the hell does a recruit want ?,except free trips and more attention for the next year.:hi:

Hahaha! I thought my scroll bar jumped back up the page for a second.

He's got this tweet pinned to the top of his twitter.

Tee Higgins® ‏@teehiggins5 · Jan 11
"This my ticket out of Oak Ridge yo"‼️

Apparently he hates Oak Ridge. Maybe Knoxville isn't far enough away.

Well I can't blame him there. I grew up in Oak Ridge and could not wait to leave either. But once I moved to Knoxville, I never looked back. :eek:hmy:

Clemson gave is like a river boat gambler, just throw it up and hope your guy catches it. I can see that would be attractive to a WR, but that lye's with a special QB they have and playing in a weaker conference.

Recruiting is not a sprint(Hare), more like a casual walk (Turtle)

If he want to enjoy his recruiting let him, because the choice will be a life time commitment he will have to live with.

Tennessee's top area of concern in 2016

It's college. Colleges are often in small towns where the city is built around the university.

Tuscaloosa is an arm pit, but UA is still a nice campus and hasnt affected thier success. Clemson is in a great area and Greenville is arguably one of the hippest little cities in the south. Plus Dabo has done an incredible job reviving a football power.

Great! He wants a ticket to Clemson, SC.....probably the most backwards racist college football town in America....with the worst and most annoying always over confident fan base.....

Makes sense to me!

Let's see. A high school kid doesn't want to go to a school a grown (I use this lightly) man/woman wants him too. Can't believe a kid from Tennessee would want to go to a school besides UT. So we proceed to knock an entire city and say the reason said kid doesn't want to go to UT, new school must be paying. This so weak and the new justification or excuse why a kid doesn't want to go to UT. Newsflash. Not everyone likes East Tennessee. You people really need to grow up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Let's see. A high school kid doesn't want to go to a school grown (I use this lightly) man/woman wants him too. Can't believe a kid from Tennessee would want to go to a school besides UT. So we proceed to knock an entire city and say the reason said kid doesn't want to go to UT, new school must be paying. This so weak and the new justification or excuse why a kid doesn't want to go to UT. Newsflash. Not everyone likes East Tennessee. You people really need to grow up.

VN thinks everyone pays for players except for UT.. Funny

Reactions: 2 people
First our #1 overall QB with ties to Butch flips to Clemson. Now Tee visits Clemson and decommits. Amari Rogers eliminates USC and Clemson seems to be the favorite.

This is really strange to me. But there's a ton of time before anything is official.

Clemson is a hot school right now. Dabo is the real deal so it happens. It'll shake itself out eventually.

Isn't Burning Orange close to Tee? What happened here?! Is he just decommiting to take other visits but still loves Tennessee or is he headed to Clemson with the rest of the bunch? Seems a little below the belt to do the day after signing day but hopefully an interview will come out soon about it.

Go over to Clemsons Tiger Net and read all the smack their talking. They are saying they will take Higgins and Smith when they both commit together on Valentines day. Now I remember why I pulled for Bama and the SEC in the NC game!

Me too. I'll also be pulling for Auburn to knock Clemson off their high horse to begin the season. Could really end up being a big game, for Clemson's season hopes as well as recruiting momentum.

VN Store

Back