Oak island

I watch it because I like the brothers and the team. And finding some of the stuff they have is interesting as far as history.

But as far as finding a treasure....I don't believe for a second they ever will find anything of substance or anything remotely worth the effort they've put in. And that narrator is annoying as all get out.

I watch it because I like the brothers and the team. And finding some of the stuff they have is interesting as far as history.

But as far as finding a treasure....I don't believe for a second they ever will find anything of substance or anything remotely worth the effort they've put in. And that narrator is annoying as all get out.

This is pretty much what I think.
But yet I’m still watching.

To be honest I’m more interested in the history

Reactions: Fatman Photos
These guys must have a pile of money to do all this digging. Does it ever say how much they’ve spent? Seems like it’s going to cost them a mint to remediate all this stuff too. If it’s on I only watch the last 10 minutes or so since noting really happens until then. It’s sad that the History Channel went from showing actual historical series and documentaries to all this silly stuff.

The promo for the new season has them talking like they have finally actually found something.

These guys must have a pile of money to do all this digging. Does it ever say how much they’ve spent? Seems like it’s going to cost them a mint to remediate all this stuff too. If it’s on I only watch the last 10 minutes or so since noting really happens until then. It’s sad that the History Channel went from showing actual historical series and documentaries to all this silly stuff.
Well, when you have a popular 8 season show, it pays some bills. You don’t get renewed that many seasons unless a shitload of people are watching.

I'm pretty sure the Lagina boys are pretty loaded, plus they probably make a decent chunk from their HC contract.

Also what a lot of people don't know is they already did a pretty indepth search back in the mid 2000s, well before they were a reality show. And they found nothing. That's not to say they aren't searching some new areas and making some better attempts with newer technology. But from chatter I've read on Reddit and other messageboards, people who claim to be in the know seem to believe they know the guys know they will never find anything.

The OI thing is one of the most intriguing stories. Why this remote island got this much attention back in the 1700s is baffling. You had people sailing across the entire Atlantic and ending up in this little non descript island.
Then, we know there were things buried 100 to 150 under ground and without modern tech. Who the hell does that?

While they haven’t found a treasure trove, they have certainly found structures in Smith’s cove and this season they’ve identified a structure under the swamp that appears sizable.

It is an odd place.

Reactions: FïreBall
The OI thing is one of the most intriguing stories. Why this remote island got this much attention back in the 1700s is baffling. You had people sailing across the entire Atlantic and ending up in this little non descript island.
Then, we know there were things buried 100 to 150 under ground and without modern tech. Who the hell does that?

While they haven’t found a treasure trove, they have certainly found structures in Smith’s cove and this season they’ve identified a structure under the swamp that appears sizable.

It is an odd place.

The metal detector guy keeps coming up with odd things. It really is a “wtf happened here” kinda show.

The metal detector guy keeps coming up with odd things. It really is a “wtf happened here” kinda show.
It’s a Bobby Dazzler!!

This is a dude’s show. Most men have a treasure hunter fantasy. What young boy didn’t dig holes in the yard hoping to find treasure. This Appeals to those folks.

Reactions: robbymoore94
It’s a Bobby Dazzler!!

This is a dude’s show. Most men have a treasure hunter fantasy. What young boy didn’t dig holes in the yard hoping to find treasure. This Appeals to those folks.

Red wants a t shirt that says “it’s a Bobby dazzler “

Bobby Dazzler dude is awesome. He's also been on Expedition Unknown with Josh Gates, another show I like to watch.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Just over an hour till we don’t find anything new

I find it both irritating yet somewhat weirdly charming that almost epside and season is the exact same thing. They start to dig, start saying that they feel like they are on the "verge of something big", and then say they need to find something THIS TIME or they may have to give up. And then repeat the entire process.

I can't even remember all the past episodes and all so at this point they could be literally doing the same thing they've already done and I wouldn't know the difference.

I find it both irritating yet somewhat weirdly charming that almost epside and season is the exact same thing. They start to dig, start saying that they feel like they are on the "verge of something big", and then say they need to find something THIS TIME or they may have to give up. And then repeat the entire process.

I can't even remember all the past episodes and all so at this point they could be literally doing the same thing they've already done and I wouldn't know the difference.
This show along with many others in this genre are about the anticipation, not the big reveal. These guys will never find a treasure, just like they will never find Bigfoot or the gold mother lode or whatever is the goal for the various derivatives of this show. But people like tuning in to see the process. I think this show could be more informative of historical events without having such a conspiratorial bent regarding the Templars. When they start that babble I’m out. I see they’ve gone to two hour episodes and it still seems like nothing happens. If they can’t make it more interesting they’re going to eventually lose their audience.

This show along with many others in this genre are about the anticipation, not the big reveal. These guys will never find a treasure, just like they will never find Bigfoot or the gold mother lode or whatever is the goal for the various derivatives of this show. But people like tuning in to see the process. I think this show could be more informative of historical events without having such a conspiratorial bent regarding the Templars. When they start that babble I’m out. I see they’ve gone to two hour episodes and it still seems like nothing happens. If they can’t make it more interesting they’re going to eventually lose their audience.

I find the announcer to be annoying as hell. When he repeats what was just said for dramatic effect it makes me want to punch someone. Red makes fun of him all the time.......”salt water.......in the money pit.......does this mean there’s a flood tunnel?”

For me it’s about the history. I don’t think there’s any treasure there. I don’t think there ever was. If there was it was likely taken by the people that built all the structures there. As @Roustabout said, it’s interesting that this little island got so much attention hundreds of years ago.
I hope they figure out what happened there before they give up because no treasures will ever be found.

One of my favorite (sarcastically) parts is when they go to some "expert" and ask about something they found.....pause....dramatic music in the back...expert says "I think it could be as old as the 1400s". Cuts to close up of the guys looking at each other with a shocked look. I've lost count how many times that's happened.

And then of course the announcers pipes in "The 1400s? LIKE WHEN THE TEMPLARS WERE AROUND????"

VN Store

Back