O&W game day questions

VOLSDB

I am planning to take my 3 girls to their first O&W game and need some help. What activities will be going on that will keep their interest? How early does everyone suggest arriving? Where is the best parking to be close to the activities? Their ages are 3, 6, and 10. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I am planning to take my 3 girls to their first O&W game and need some help. What activities will be going on that will keep their interest? How early does everyone suggest arriving? Where is the best parking to be close to the activities? Their ages are 3, 6, and 10. Thanks

This might help answer some questions

UT Vols spring game: What you need to know

I would recommend getting there early. You can park for free on campus it seems and there will be some events going on.

I know a few of my buddy's are going to be tailgating as well.

Glad you're coming!

Reactions: 1 person
More importantly, what replaced Barb's Chip Dip in regards to player motivation?! Hopefully Saturday will bring answers.

This might help answer some questions

UT Vols spring game: What you need to know

I would recommend getting there early. You can park for free on campus it seems and there will be some events going on.

I know a few of my buddy's are going to be tailgating as well.

Thanks. I read that article, and a couple others prior to posting. Nothing really seemed to describe what the activities were. Just "activities." I thought I heard on the radio that there would be a concert of some sort. Hoping to get some info from people of their actual experiences of how the event goes with kids.

Hope you’ve taught them all the words to Rocky Top.
Just don’t explain it’s about making moonshine and killing the feds...lol.

I heard the Vol Village would be open and that has lots of fun stuff for the little ones to do. It has food, games & prizes, face painting, cheerleaders usually show up, have pictures made with Smokey. They will all love it!!

Reactions: 3 people
I heard the Vol Village would be open and that has lots of fun stuff for the little ones to do. It has food, games & prizes, face painting, cheerleaders usually show up, have pictures made with Smokey. They will all love it!!

This!

Get um dressed up in some O&W war paint and have them doing cheers. Find Smokey mascot.

Give them a dollar every time they can identify a defensive or offensive package (cover 2, Jumbo, etc)

Treat them to Chick Fil A if they can correctly recite the Maxim's!

Lots of chatter on the radio today about attendance. I don't live in Knoxville so for those of you who do, how would you gauge the excitement around there for the O&W game? Is there a lot of excitement to see a Pruitt coached Vols or is everyone sort of indifferent (which is what I am right now)? Do you think there will be a good crowd this weekend?

Lots of chatter on the radio today about attendance. I don't live in Knoxville so for those of you who do, how would you gauge the excitement around there for the O&W game? Is there a lot of excitement to see a Pruitt coached Vols or is everyone sort of indifferent (which is what I am right now)? Do you think there will be a good crowd this weekend?

Coming from a student perspective, it seems like most of the hype/excitement stems from the fact that it’s an actual game, rather than whatever it has been. I imagine it’s the way for most.

Get um dressed up in some O&W war paint and have them doing cheers. Find Smokey mascot.

Give them a dollar every time they can identify a defensive or offensive package (cover 2, Jumbo, etc)

Treat them to Chick Fil A if they can correctly recite the Maxim's!
I approve of this training program

Coming from a student perspective, it seems like most of the hype/excitement stems from the fact that it’s an actual game, rather than whatever it has been. I imagine it’s the way for most.

Love it, as long as people show up. We've got a lot of top recruits that will be there.

Probably more than the Raiders average :p

VOLSDB,

I hope you and your daughters have a day to always remember!

I'm really looking forward to the event this season with all the newness. My dvd player sits ready to encompass all the glorious Orange and White celebration! When this team starts winning consistently and turning heads, drawing national attention remember the difference between pride and arrogance is pride in our states football team is we remember the dark days when.

Thinking about taking my almost 4 year old to the game. As long as the Mrs feels up to watching our 1 week old for a couple of days.

VN Store

Back