O.K. Let’s Admit It:

No matter what happens after today, this team made their NCAA presence known, they made some noise. More noise coming.

Reactions: TennVols12
I posted in another thread that everyone thinking Duke was unbeatable that they were very beatable. I had confidence they could win. But it depended on who showed up to help out of offense. And that was JJJ for a bit and then ORN credit union for all your basket needs.
James only scored 7 points - do you mean Vescovi carried the water in the first half and ON in the second?

Great win. Refs let us play and we needed that + one of those epic performances by JJJ or Nkamhoua and ON gave it to us.

FAU is sorta scary. Maybe the FDU cinderella story can continue until next Thursday and we have an "easy" game to get to the E8.

Reactions: Sos
I actually had them going to the sweet 16. I am hoping that I sold them short and I am at least two rounds short.

tbh. I am now rooting for FDU. I think FAU is a tough match up for us. Just my thought. Would like to hear your thoughts .

The 16 or the 9 seed will be difficult, they move up and down the court rapidly and with an enhanced sense of urgency, Tennessee could easily be the highest seed left in the region if Kentucky and Michgan State both roll tomorrow, Izzo is as good a tournament coach as there is

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
I did not see this coming. I’ve been harsh on Barnes but he coached a great game today. Congrats to him and the team!

Could you imagine…beating FAU in the S16, Kentucky in the E8, Bama in the F4, and Kansas for the WHOLE DAMN THING? It’s a serious reality now, and it all continues on Thursday! AHHHHHHHHHH
Kensucky might beat Kansas St. but won’t beat Marquette. Marquette looked real good the other night.

And for all those people saying retirirement rick is just coaching at Tennessee for the paycheck owe him an apology

That was a HELL OF A COACHING JOB

Barnes’ defensive game plan was incredible. I didn’t notice it until Candice discussed during post game show, but TN had three defenders on the same side of ball all game. Doing so enabled TN to pressure Duke’s guards as TN always had “help defense.” Great game plan.

Plus, Barnes adjusted when Duke went zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckInAPen
I’m a know-nothing basketball fan but I didn’t think TN had any momentum going into this game. I know they are capable of beating anyone, I picked against them in my bracket.

Happy to be wrong.

tbh. I am now rooting for FDU. I think FAU is a tough match up for us. Just my thought. Would like to hear your thoughts .
I was going to be rooting for FDU anyway, but I think you’re right about FAU being a tough matchup for us.

I didn't think we'd win, I was expecting another heartbreaker.

I’m with you. I was nervous when Mashack missed two of four and Duke made a bucket to cut the lead. I had visions of TN turning it over and missing foul shots, as I saw that movie in person @ Vandy and on TV against Mizz. But the young men handled the pressure and Duke wasn’t able to hit critical jumpers under the two min mark.

I hate and rarely ever bet on TN but I know a sucker bet when I see it. Steak tonight. Cheers to the suckers who thought Duke was going to roll today. GBO🍊
Loved all of the gurus on ESPN saying take the easy win with Duke and -3.5. Hope they are all broke tonight.

Reactions: TC 83
My bracket is a mess but I got this one right. We've been outstanding against big time non-conference teams this year. I feel like we'll beat UK if we get them in a big neutral floor type game.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
No JJJ gave us timely scores when we needed in the first half
Yep JJJ hit 2 big buckets early in 2nd half. But he needs to be more efficient for UT to keep advancing. His FG % is pretty horrible. Not sure we can ask Nkamhoua to duplicate his effort. We need some balance.

Reactions: cwbytruckers
I’ll admit that I didn’t have the vols going deeper than today. But I’m glad they stopped being so inconsistent and finished two games in a row. Now if they can keep that aggressive attitude and focus they may have a chance to be the first vol team to make it to the final four and who knows what happens then.

VN Store

Back