NY6

Being ranked in the top 10 heading to the citrus bowl would be such a let down. NY6 or bust at this point. We had such a historic season this year, I'm really riding on the hopes we find a way into the Cotton Bowl, or Orange Bowl. Would be extremely satisfied with either.

Reactions: #1n51&98
Me too, but given that we’ve lost the last 2 out of 3 games, and no longer have Hooker, I see Cotton Bowl vs Tulane heading our way. A poke in the eye for a historic season.
I'd be very happy going to the Cotton Bowl to play Tulane, I saw in one of the 247sports threads that they were predicting that's where we will end up, only if we get the win against Vandy of course.

You know they're both ranked higher and likely will be at the end of the season right?
Some of these people don’t understand simple logic and how the process works. I’ve tried explaining what you said but they refuse to believe it.

I'd be very happy going to the Cotton Bowl to play Tulane, I saw in one of the 247sports threads that they were predicting that's where we will end up, only if we get the win against Vandy of course.

Can’t tell if you are being serious? You would rather play Tulane in the Cotton Bowl than Clemson in the Orange? If so, may I ask why?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
At this point can Tennessee play a really good B10 team that loves to run the ball.

oh but not P-ST………..anyone else.

The bowl projection that I like best , has Tennessee in the Orange bowl against either Clemson or North Carolina .

The bowl projection that I like best , has Tennessee in the Orange bowl against either Clemson or North Carolina .
If we had a full team we would smack UNC, but at this point I don’t know what to think about that. Who knows w/ Clemson?

I'm just glad we had a truly winning season, rather than a losing or barely winning one. One learns to be grateful when getting something that might be exactly what they wanted, but certainly better than what they had.

I am grateful for the things
That we have done
Yes, I'm grateful for the victories we've won
I could go on and on and on

Because I'm grateful, grateful, so grateful

Where do we stand now , moving forward in the bowl picture ? 10-2 If we beat Vandy is still a very respectable season ! Do we make a NY6 bowl ?
We should be the second pick coming out of the SEC , we beat Bama and LSU .
Bama s losses are better than TN.

Surprised at many of the responses here...

If we are the 3rd ranked team in the SEC, which we will be if we take care of business, we're going to a NY6.

UGA will be in the playoffs, Bama will go to the Sugar, and we'll go to either the Orange Bowl or the Cotton Bowl.

I would love to play Clemson In the Orange bowl if we can’t make sugar. It would take some upsets to make sugar but anything is possible.

Reactions: #1n51&98
Vandy held S.Car to 38. I hope the Team is focusing on the Vandy game.
I guarantee they’re being focused by coach or he gonna run em off the team.

I know he try’s to create a family environment but the family wants to win

Bama s losses are better than TN.

To be fair, the committee seems to weigh the strength of the wins and schedule as well as the losses, unlike the old BCS system and the AP and Coaches polls that pretty much just looked at recent losses and how had they are/were.

Bama - 1 pt loss and a 3 pt loss. Both basically last play of the game not bad losses
vs
Vol loss to the number 1 team - bad loss. And blowout bu an unranked team in embarrassing fashion.
Who’s is better?

Surprised at many of the responses here...

If we are the 3rd ranked team in the SEC, which we will be if we take care of business, we're going to a NY6.

UGA will be in the playoffs, Bama will go to the Sugar, and we'll go to either the Orange Bowl or the Cotton Bowl.
If we take care of business I don't see how we get anything lower than orange.

LSU Loses and they drop to 3 loses. They will be below us and go to cotton or citrus.

LSU wins and both them and UGA go to the CFP (which would make Saturday hurt even more tbh)

None of this speculation matters unless we beat Vandy... hardly a given since our defense is currently nonexistent. Got a bad feeling about this game. It will be a blow out one way or the other. We show up to play, Vols by 21+, we don't, they hanging 50 on us and our dream season turns into a nightmare.

VN Store

Back