'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, that's the main thing making me skeptical that we got him.

Pruitt's style is to stay on good terms. I could see Pruitt keeping quiet if DW went to Georgia. I'm less convinced that Kirby would stay quiet. Of course, Saban is also involved.

I've got to say ... this is the best kept secret I've ever seen in recruiting. I was extremely skeptical of the idea that he signed, because normally the cat is let out of the bag almost immediately by the team that doesn't get the recruit. But Washington says he signed, and I don't think he's lying.

Dude should win an award for finding a way to keep multiple coaching staffs quiet after his commitment.

Is there precedence to believe:
Kirby would let the cat out of the bag
Pruitt wouldn't

Or are we just going off the general notion that Larry Dr Pepper is an asshat?

Pruitt wouldn't

Devo, you've come against this logic, both here and on TOS, and I hear your point. My thought behind it is simple: no one in the media is predicting UT. So if he picked UGA, CJP is moving on. Why give it any more thought or consideration? And why burn any bridges? If he picked UT and Kirby is aware of that, I highly doubt he's gonna be ok with getting trolled like this, considering every analyst who has said anything on the matter has picked UGA. If the situation were reversed, I don't think CJP would be pumped about getting trolled either. JMO.

Devo, you've come against this logic, both here and on TOS, and I hear your point. My thought behind it is simple: no one in the media is predicting UT. So if he picked UGA, CJP is moving on. Why give it any more thought or consideration? And why burn any bridges? If he picked UT and Kirby is aware of that, I highly doubt he's gonna be ok with getting trolled like this, considering every analyst who has said anything on the matter has picked UGA. If the situation were reversed, I don't think CJP would be pumped about getting trolled either. JMO.
Well said and good points.

Dr Pepper Guy is still an asshat. He's going to find some way to get fired in the next 5 year imo. Probably his terrible coaching 😂 The pups will have had enough of it sonner than later.

How are any of the coaches really getting trolled though regardless of where he signed? They all should know. The only people getting trolled would be fans and I can't see that being much motivation for any of the coaches just to pull one over the other fanbase's message board posters and recruitniks. It would seem a waste of time. I think all the coaches would be motivated to keep a recruits secrets under these circumstances for future course of dealing purposes with future recruits.

How are any of the coaches really getting trolled though regardless of where he signed. They all should know. The only people getting trolled would be fans and I can't see that being much motivation for any of the coaches just to pull one over the other fan's message board posters and recruitniks.
Ding ding ding

Pruitt wouldn't

It's not that I'm suggesting that a coach would go around deliberately letting everyone know, so much as incentives are a bit misaligned. Most coaching staffs will be quite obvious when they miss through their actions (new offers / new point of emphasis / conversations about recruiting, etc), so that it doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened. Coaching staffs often have to be quite deliberate in their actions to not let the "cat out of the bag".

I could see Pruitt doing that. Pruitt is so respectful of the recruits, I could see him going "above and beyond" to protect a players' privacy, even if it made things slightly inconvenient for him for awhile. I don't see the same thing with Kirby.

It's really tough to keep a secret like this since there are so many people involved. Washington deserves an award for figuring out how to keep them all quiet.

How are any of the coaches really getting trolled though regardless of where he signed? They all should know. The only people getting trolled would be fans and I can't see that being much motivation for any of the coaches just to pull one over the other fanbase's message board posters and recruitniks. It would seem a waste of time. I think all the coaches would be motivated to keep a recruits secrets under these circumstances for future course of dealing purposes with future recruits.
Coaches would be hurting themselves by trying to ruin a kids moment. It would be easy for other coaches to negatively recruit. Coaches don't care about crystal balls or the 5 percent of the fans that follow them.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
To recap since last night: Hints For Tennessee / Georgia fans are lame / @Bassmaster_Vol is back in / @Proud Army Wife battling some ga creepos on the internet, / @bignewt Questions if she's married as if to point out, what is real?, she then posts a picture to prove it. However there is no visible wedding ring on any ones hands/ Coffee freedom / We seem to agree that peeing off the porch is a beautiful thing.
You need to do a daily recap until January 2nd.

I just stepped over to the FF for a minute because a three title caught my eye. After 5 posts I was wondering to myself why on Earth did I leave the DW thread.

Hahaha...yea no s**t...I roamed over there yesterday and found this doozie comment...it’s nothing but pink eye over there

I would rather s*** in my hand and clap than have to see Moose as a Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty Rebel Landshark BlackBear.

Coaches would be hurting themselves by trying to ruin a kids moment. It would be easy for other coaches to negatively recruit. Coaches don't care about crystal balls or the 5 percent of the fans that follow them.
I agree, even if a coach is amoral, angry about being spurned, etc., etc., it would not be in the coach's interest to disregard the recruit's wishes. You don't want that out there that you ruined a previous kid's moment out of spite when you are dealing with the next hot shot recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back