'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also lost every starter at WR and TE... You can't look at it in a vacuum since there have been other changes as well. That's like me saying UGA scored more and won by more against ND under Coley than they did under Chaney, so that's why Coley is better. What's more surprising is that Fromm had a veteran receiving corps to work with under Chaney that included Mecole Hardman and Riley Ridley, but has thrown for more yards per game under Coley.
And of course Chubb and HOlyfield being in the NFL has nothing to do with that.

And of course Chubb and HOlyfield being in the NFL has nothing to do with that.
Chubb was already in the nfl last year. UGA’s backfield was probably a bit better. Their receiving corps was much better though with hardman, Ridley, and holloman.

Tell that to Jake Fromm State Farm. Most discernable metrics have regressed, despite him being behind the "best OL" in the nation.
Such as what? His completion % is better and if you take away the KY game as they said it was like throwing a medicine ball, all his #s are up. They abandoned the pass, knew Ky couldn’t move the ball, and just waited on them to make a mistake, which they did. I think UT uses the same method, I don’t see Ky moving the ball much on this TN defense, getting better each week, impressive the turnovers they are creating.

As far as agenda busting,
2018 464.9 yards per game
2019 461.2 yards per game including the 200 yd game vs Ky. 489.57 ypg w/o.

Such as what? His completion % is better and if you take away the KY game as they said it was like throwing a medicine ball, all his #s are up. They abandoned the pass, knew Ky couldn’t move the ball, and just waited on them to make a mistake, which they did. I think UT uses the same method, I don’t see Ky moving the ball much on this TN defense, getting better each week, impressive the turnovers they are creating.

As far as agenda busting,
2018 464.9 yards per game
2019 461.2 yards per game including the 200 yd game vs Ky. 489.57 ypg w/o.
I'll disagree that his numbers are up.

30 Tds to 6 ints while being sacked 16 times

2019 (so far)
11 Tds to 3 ints while only being sacked 4 times.

I'll disagree that his numbers are up.

30 Tds to 6 ints while being sacked 16 times

2019 (so far)
11 Tds to 3 ints while only being sacked 4 times.
It’s no secret we’ve had to lean on the running game until the WR learned on the fly, we knew that coming in and I was vocal that I did Not like the Coley hire, still don’t but was glad to see different offense against UF. For Chaney, my only complaint was RZ offense, same stuff he did against Bama, so he was making me yell at the TV yet again, man score there and I truly think you could have beat Bama.

Since we are trying something new, what do you think of our new kicking strategy?
1573135082810.gif

It’s no secret we’ve had to lean on the running game until the WR learned on the fly, we knew that coming in and I was vocal that I did Not like the Coley hire, still don’t but was glad to see different offense against UF. For Chaney, my only complaint was RZ offense, same stuff he did against Bama, so he was making me yell at the TV yet again, man score there and I truly think you could have beat Bama.

Since we are trying something new, what do you think of our new kicking strategy?
View attachment 236483
Hahaha that's an accurate depiction of Rodrigo. I do not know if we would have beaten Alabama, but it would have been nice to find out.

I honestly believe the promotion of Coley to OC is a move that is going to bite you all in the butt if someone else isn't hired this off season. I understand the recruiting aspect, but that could have still been achieved with him being co-OC. Have you heard anything new about Washington from your end?

Reactions: secking
Hahaha that's an accurate depiction of Rodrigo. I do not know if we would have beaten Alabama, but it would have been nice to find out.

I honestly believe the promotion of Coley to OC is a move that is going to bite you all in the butt if someone else isn't hired this off season. I understand the recruiting aspect, but that could have still been achieved with him being co-OC. Have you heard anything new about Washington from your end?
Status quo on Washington from my end, be interesting to see it play out. FTR, I don’t think Coley will be OC next year. I’d watch and see what happens with Bobo, if he gets fired, Smart/Muschamp/Bobo are all best friends. Pruitt told me himself that Bobo was the best OC in CFB and was THE reason Ga almost beat Bama in 2012. Probably some hyperbole there but he did set records as OC at Ga.

Status quo on Washington from my end, be interesting to see it play out. FTR, I don’t think Coley will be OC next year. I’d watch and see what happens with Bobo, if he gets fired, Smart/Muschamp/Bobo are all best friends. Pruitt told me himself that Bobo was the best OC in CFB and was THE reason Ga almost beat Bama in 2012. Probably some hyperbole there but he did set records as OC at Ga.
Richt held him back?

Reactions: onevol74
You really are Rusty M aren’t ya

Elsewhere, Tennessee helped themselves again by getting 5-star TE Darnell Washington to campus. The Las Vegas native really clicks with Brian Niedermeyer and Jeremy Pruitt, and Washington’s mom also feels quite comfortable on Rocky Top. Tennessee is set to get Washington’s final OV just before the early signing period and this has the makings of a Tennessee-Georgia-Alabama battle down the stretch.
-VQ

And with the way our OL is developing and a top national QB on the way! He will be a showcase.
as much as i hate to even say this because of the way the gilbert recruitment went......if HB can put up the numbers he did with AG, it's fun to imagine what he could do with this guy. holy moly.

as much as i hate to even say this because of the way the gilbert recruitment went......if HB can put up the numbers he did with AG, it's fun to imagine what he could do with this guy. holy moly.
How’s his hands? If he doesn’t have Gilbert’s drop issues? The numbers would be surpassed imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back