'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a kid on campus twice for unofficals from Nevada shows that he has legit interested. The fact he is going to Bama for the LSU game shows we have some stuff competition, but we got to recruit with Bama again if we want to beat Bama. Get him back for his last official and we have as good of chance as anyone.

Getting a kid on campus twice for unofficals from Nevada shows that he has legit interested. The fact he is going to Bama for the LSU game shows we have some stuff competition, but we got to recruit with Bama again if we want to beat Bama. Get him back for his last official and we have as good of chance as anyone.
Well, we had stuff competition with AL last year for HT also....

So we're looking good here???
If he comes back for that final OV, then yes. Him taking an unofficial on his own dime from Vegas is a big sign that we’re serious contenders. This gonna be the dude that Nieds lands in this class imo.

Wish we could pull Sewell also

If he comes back for that final OV, then yes. Him taking an unofficial on his own dime from Vegas is a big sign that we’re serious contenders. This gonna be the dude that Nieds lands in this class imo.

Wish we could pull Sewell also
Where is he predicted to go? Washington? Oregon?

Where is he predicted to go? Washington? Oregon?
Oregon and Georgia were supposedly our biggest competition. Brother plays for Oregon. Some around the situation say Nieds has the best relationship of any coach with the family though.

We win out idk maybe. I think he’s going to be hard to pull from Oregon. Despite what many think I think we’re no worse than second right now ahead of Georgia.

Oregon and Georgia were supposedly our biggest competition. Brother plays for Oregon. Some around the situation say Nieds has the best relationship of any coach with the family though.

We win out idk maybe. I think he’s going to be hard to pull from Oregon. Despite what many think I think we’re no worse than second right now ahead of Georgia.
Was hoping it was Washington with the records of the two.

I'll say it, DWA looks the part but it just ain't all there with him imo. Kinda like how Kongbo was
With our OL still not top notch, he is having to block more than I believe Chaney wants. I think DWA has most of the tools, probably could stand to be a little faster, but he is a TE. He will play next level.

I'll say it, DWA looks the part but it just ain't all there with him imo. Kinda like how Kongbo was
Posted in the game thread, think he’s going to be a guy that doesn’t do much in college but will have a nice NFL career.

Tennessee has remained a steady factor for the 5-star because of his relationship with position coach Brian Niedermeyer.

“We just click. We just bond well,” he said.

“It’s not all games. They know how to turn it on (with recruiting) and turn it off. It’s not all about recruiting. It’s about what’s going on in my life. (Niedermeyer) is obviously a funny dude. He can take a joke. He’s not all serious.”

Washington spent the weekend hanging out with Niedermeyer, Jim Chaney and the rest of Tennessee’s staff. One particular highlight was beating Jeremy Pruitt in Madden on PS4.

“I beat him by one,” Washington said.

“Got him 24-23.”

Washington hasn’t caught much of the Vols this season, but he did pay close attention to how Chaney used the tight ends Saturday in the win over UAB. He was cognizant of the seven targets going to the tight ends and all the two-tight end sets.

“They did a little bit of everything with the tight ends last night,” he said.

“Some 12 personnel, sniffer, flex in the slot.”
-VQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back