'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t know it was a mandate that Kirby win an NC within four years. He has an SEC title, three East titles, a Rose Bowl, and a Sugar Bowl. I’ll take it.
With the talent he's recruited, he's underachieved. He's not really done any better than the guy y'all fired for not being able to get you to that NC level. He's a great recruiter. Lights out. But underachieves as an in-game coach. Maybe he'll find a way to put it all together, maybe not. I just don't see him the same way as I would a Saban or a Dabo. For all he's done, I just don't believe he'll take you to the top. And always finishing just short will eventually wear on you.

Here at UT, our administration screwed us over with bad hire after bad hire. Pruitt walked into a dumpster fire, and thus far, has done a fairly good job of righting the ship. As Vol fans, we need to recognize just how bad those hires hurt us, and have the patience to understand it's not a quick fix. The name of the game for us is progress, and I've seen it.

UGA, however, fired a good coach because they didn't think he was good enough. They hired an equivalent coach that took over a program in great shape. Kirby hasn't had to build anything. So what has he really done? He recruits good. So far, that's about it. Just like Richt, he falls short when it matters. Kirby relies on out-talenting other teams, not out-coaching them. For that reason, I think we're going to eventually catch up to them. Might be a few more years, but I believe it'll happen.

With the talent he's recruited, he's underachieved. He's not really done any better than the guy y'all fired for not being able to get you to that NC level. He's a great recruiter. Lights out. But underachieves as an in-game coach. Maybe he'll find a way to put it all together, maybe not. I just don't see him the same way as I would a Saban or a Dabo. For all he's done, I just don't believe he'll take you to the top. And always finishing just short will eventually wear on you.
You realize it took Dabo longer than 4 years to win his first title right? It took Saban 10.

You've missed nothing but about 10 pages of weird gifs, takeaways of today's bowl games, and wagers on if @BigOrangeHick will have have to eat dung.
I’m at the gator bowl, and I’ll eat a white dog turd for the half time show if he signs with vols. Alas, it will NOT happen. He ain’t **** anyways

You realize both had to build or rebuild their programs and didn't inherit a team already full of talent, right? Kirby hasn't had to build anything.
In terms of recruiting classes the four prior to smart’s arrival averaged 8th. To put that in perspective UT averaged 11th for the four years before Pruitt. While there was a decent foundation he had a frosh QB 2 straight years, Chubb coming off an acl and pcl tear, and no depth on either line.

Reactions: Chattdawg
Just curious are there a lot of vol fans on uga boards? Kinda strange we have so many fans from other teams here.

Have you visited other boards? VN is a dream. Most other schools have unreadable formats, ads all over the place, subscription walls, or some combination of all 3. Rival fans visit here and end up staying because they're jealous of what @Freak has provided us.

Have you visited other boards? VN is a dream. Most other schools have unreadable formats, ads all over the place, subscription walls, or some combination of all 3. Rival fans visit here and end up staying because they're jealous of what @Freak has provided us.
Gotcha. I haven’t gone on any other teams site. I’m a VFL so I have no need I guess.

The more I found and read up on DW's interviews in the past up til now, I'm starting to waiver a little on my VOL prediction....I found an article where he said he had kept in touch with Coach Hartley every week from an August interview and I swear it sounds like he says the same things he has also said about Coach Nieds....At this point I dont know if this kid is trolling or like most have said he's a dawg....guess we will see today!!!

Still VOL!!!!!

Either way GBO!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200102-050434_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200102-050434_Chrome.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20200102-050347_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200102-050347_Chrome.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20200102-050021_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200102-050021_Chrome.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
In terms of recruiting classes the four prior to smart’s arrival averaged 8th. To put that in perspective UT averaged 11th for the four years before Pruitt. While there was a decent foundation he had a frosh QB 2 straight years, Chubb coming off an acl and pcl tear, and no depth on either line.
That doesnt factor in the attrition Tennessee has had that doesnt make it close. Also had in years of awful to no S&C, it becomes astronomical. Culturally, Tennessee was on the opposite side of the spectrum from Bama, UGA, Florida, etc. with players and supporting staff. All of that became the dumpster fire referred to in the big difference between UT and UGA. Its lazy to simply spout off recruiting rankings.

You will never have more talent than you do now. Still can’t get it done.
You guys blame not having good enough WRs even though you have a couple healthy 5 star WRs even with the others hurt.

You realize it took Dabo longer than 4 years to win his first title right? It took Saban 10.

Uhh, Dabo had to rebuild Clemson to a higher level.

Smart walked into a roster full of talent and didn’t have to rebuild anything, yet, still fell short when it actually mattered the most in the SEC Title game.

Mark Richt 2.0

This is the worst kept secret of all time. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING points to him being a dawg.

He will look great in Orange next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back