'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree. I’m curious to know what Barton Simmons and those other guys on TOS have heard to make them feel confident enough to CB him. I asked Callahan to get Barton over in a thread to share his insight but he didn’t respond. Barton takes his CB record pretty serious so he obviously heard something that makes him feel good about his pic. I hope it’s just speculation and nothing concrete.

Yeah, I am just speculating, like most. Not sure where DW is going or what all secret squirrel $hit is going on. I hope he is all VOL. But if not, I trust CJP and staff will be just fine.

The issue with that is it becomes a violation to communicate with a recruit signed to another school. He'd have to let the other coaches know so they wouldn't be committing violations.

Only if he officially signed, not if he verbally committed and said he would sign. But who knows...besides DW

Reactions: feathersax
Only if he officially signed, not if he verbally committed and said he would sign. But who knows...
we do. he signed. probably on Wed. but he said he signed during that interview in the Marietta game on Friday.

just don't know with who.

so if he didn't tell the other programs, and they contact him, they aren't knowingly committing a violation and if anything would probably run in the family of the "self reported secondary violations" that don't amount to much.

or he told them, and everyone's keeping their mouth shut for credibility purposes in the future.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
we do. he signed. probably on Wed. but he said he signed during that interview in the Marietta game on Friday.

so if he didn't tell the other programs, and they contact him, they aren't knowingly committing a violation and if anything would probably run in the family of the "self reported secondary violations" that don't amount to much.

or he told them, and everyone's keeping their mouth shut for credibility purposes in the future.

He said he signed, but did he say he forwarded them to any school? Did he say they were complete with all required signatures? Really critical information that I have not seen documented in any way.

For the record I have no confidence he is coming to UT. I think higher ranked schools win most of these type or recruitments. BUT.... who knows until the papers are shared.

If I’m a future high draft pick and my college team isn’t playing in a meaningful bowl, ain’t no way I’m risking injury.

Just in case you guys were wondering

Reactions: LeBleu
He said he signed, but did he say he forwarded them to any school? Did he say they were complete with all required signatures? Really critical information that I have not seen documented in any way.

For the record I have no confidence he is coming to UT. I think higher ranked schools win most of these type or recruitments. BUT.... who knows until the papers are shared.
it wouldn't do much good to sign and not send them in. lol. the ESP ended Friday. so he can't hold signed papers til after the 20th.

that would make him a Feb signee at that point.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost

I’d like to believe that last sentence.

If I’m a future high draft pick and my college team isn’t playing in a meaningful bowl, ain’t no way I’m risking injury.

Just in case you guys were wondering

What’s the difference in blowing a knee in the bowl game or blowing a knee in the preseason?

If you don’t play in a set number of games as a rookie they can get most of their money back if I remember correctly

If they aren’t putting in their guesses then I’d bet they know more than they’re saying. It just doesent make sense unless they get some sort of bonus for it.

They get more weight the farther out the pick is. This guy is driving too much traffic to their website, they’re not putting in a CB so chuckleheads like us keep tuned in.

What’s the difference in blowing a knee in the bowl game or blowing a knee in the preseason?

If you don’t play in a set number of games as a rookie they can get most of their money back if I remember correctly

Money. Money is the difference. Guaranteed signing bonuses based on draft position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back