'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Gorney of Rivals says DW is split on signing early now. Leaning 60/40 towards signing tomorrow, but may go to February now.

Whatever it is, what's obvious to the vol fans isn't obvious to these recruits. Defensive players sure, although I'm biased to Pruitt there. Offense though, I don't see it. Coley sucks, and may get canned. Fromm didnt ball out and may be leaving. They don't have promising elite QB to replace him. They hardly use their TE's. Just too much uncertainties there that would give me a ton of pause to commit there. I hope DW sees these things too. Who knows though. These kid make dumb decisions all the time. See Tate Ratledge for ex. Heck, Pittman left and replaced by Luke who just got fired. That and Tate and his family were diehard vols fans. Makes no sense. 🤦
Great post. Alot of it is the negative recruiting that goes on against us. Because we have been down.When we start beating the Ga.and Fl and Alabama again they wont be able to use that against us.

Whatever it is, what's obvious to the vol fans isn't obvious to these recruits. Defensive players sure, although I'm biased to Pruitt there. Offense though, I don't see it. Coley sucks, and may get canned. Fromm didnt ball out and may be leaving. They don't have promising elite QB to replace him. They hardly use their TE's. Just too much uncertainties there that would give me a ton of pause to commit there. I hope DW sees these things too. Who knows though. These kid make dumb decisions all the time. See Tate Ratledge for ex. Heck, Pittman left and replaced by Luke who just got fired. That and Tate and his family were diehard vols fans. Makes no sense. 🤦
Actually a lot of GA fans see these things too. Go take a look at some of their boards. They aren't happy with Coley and their offense. That's for sure.

Reactions: Chattdawg
Adam Gorney of Rivals says DW is split on signing early now. Leaning 60/40 towards signing tomorrow, but may go to February now.
Lol, because he learned he can't really sign tomorrow and surprise everyone by his decision at the UA game. Now he'll just commit at the UA game and sign in Feb, if this is true.

It’s hard to understand how a team like Georgia continues to get so many good players. They are right there with Clemson, Ohio State, and Bama over the last few years… Probably ahead of most of those really in recruiting. Yet, to date on the field results don’t compare to any of those other teams. Plus, Georgia is likely looking at a rebuilding year and have lost a massive amount of these highly touted recruits they have landed over the last few years to transfer. They have to have one of the highest rates of players transferring out as any team. And fans are becoming increasingly concerned with Kirby as coach. Crazy they keep landing all these players. It would make sense if most were Georgia kids being the hometown school. But most of the five star kids they are kidding aren’t even from Georgia. What the hell are they telling those kids to land them?

You're ignoring a pretty significant factor though: Athens. I hate Georgia as much as anyone, but Athens is a heck of a college town. Campus connects to downtown and they have just rows and rows and rows of bars right off campus. If I'm a top recruit and I hit all the schools you mention, Tuscaloosa is a crap hole (so is Gainesville for that matter), Columbus is freezing cold half the year, and I've never been to Clemson to comment on the campus there, so I'm giving Georgia a very serious look. It's a town that is basically built for partying, and that's very appealing to most 17-18 year old recruits.

Reactions: Chattdawg and TC 83
There have been rumors of him being an UGA silent for months. Don’t you think Kirby would tell him to string along UT staff so they devote resources to DW? Seems like something Kirby would do.
You may be right, you never know with some of these kids; but, it's hard for me to believe DW would do that to Nieds, being as close as they are. And, if DW would do something like that, to someone he says himself is closer to him than anybody, that says a lot about his character.

I just dont think this kid would do it.

You're ignoring a pretty significant factor though: Athens. I hate Georgia as much as anyone, but Athens is a heck of a college town. Campus connects to downtown and they have just rows and rows and rows of bars right off campus. If I'm a top recruit and I hit all the schools you mention, Tuscaloosa is a crap hole (so is Gainesville for that matter), Columbus is freezing cold half the year, and I've never been to Clemson to comment on the campus there, so I'm giving Georgia a very serious look. It's a town that is basically built for partying, and that's very appealing to most 17-18 year old recruits.
exactly what a dude with a baby is into

Either that or he really is concerned that it will get leaked before the All-American game.

I highly doubt he is delaying it, if he truly does, because he doesn't want it being leaked. We aren't talking about the nuclear missile silo codes. The only reason he would be delaying it is because he isn't sure where he wants to go and depending upon your perspective that could be good or bad news. If he does delay it, that cannot be viewed as good news for Georgia especially if he was a supposed lock to sign there.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
There have been rumors of him being an UGA silent for months. Don’t you think Kirby would tell him to string along UT staff so they devote resources to DW? Seems like something Kirby would do.

Why isn't it just as likely that the opposite is true?

Regardless, that seems extremely unlikely and a pretty risky venture considering DW could just as easily start to like UT and their coaching staff.

Here’s the one thing that doesn’t make sense if he’s been a silent to UGA for so long...why was his last official visit to TN? Follow the visits. He could easily have scheduled them as the last OV, and visited us earlier in the year. However, he chose to visit us last, and @Atlanta VOL said we would get the last OV before signing day a very long time ago, when the media didn’t even think we were in it that much and may not get an OV. I suggest we roll with the one who seems to have the accurate info on this.

they are overpaying for the services. Georgia has a bad track record of developing kids....this will continue as long as Kirby is the coach.....
? DeAndre Baker-3 Star to 1st rd. Eric Stokes-3 stars to deciding on leaving early, proj 1st rd next year. Kindley-3 star to contemplating early NFL Monty Rice-3 Star that looks like he will leave early for NFL

Reactions: Chattdawg
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back