'20 NV ILB Vai Kaho (San Diego State commit)

They like him better than Tisdol? 🧐
different position, i think.

tisdol probalby more of a pure LB or RB......"i think" they like Kaho at star....if they see him adding to the frame, he could be an MLB and effectively take Tisdol's spot..... they're going to give LW an opportunity at RB.

under the right circumstances, there maybe a scenario that they'd like to take all 3.....but i think that would jsut have to "work out" that way.....all jmo.

I'm not sure I buy the "he's slow" stuff so much anyone can run a bad 40 at camp it happens.

What is impressive is he has a fast shuttle time at 4.39 (as fast as 4.26) and puts him in the same realm as Justin Flowe, the #2 rated ILB in the nation. Fitz & company can make him bigger, faster, & stronger so those things are less of a concern. He can add 10-15 pretty easily and get faster while doing it with our S&C program.

What is harder to gain is his football IQ. We see the huge benefits from having someone at ILB with that high IQ already in Henry T. Kaho won't be a day 1 starter, but he also doesn't have to be. But he'll benefit at ton from Henry T being on campus to mentor him.

Just like Jordan Rodgers said on Air Saturday in regards to JJ...”game speed is a real thing”

VR2 acting like this kid gets the spot if he commits before Tisdol. Not for that at all. Tell this kid to wait, if Tisdol goes elsewhere then we can get Kaho in. Don’t jump the gun and tell Tisdol no room at the inn. This is all assuming we’d have room for Whitehead regardless.

Lol Staff is very very high on Kaho. Has nothing to do with Tisdol they like Kaho’s versatility.

different position, i think.

tisdol probalby more of a pure LB or RB......"i think" they like Kaho at star....if they see him adding to the frame, he could be an MLB and effectively take Tisdol's spot..... they're going to give LW an opportunity at RB.

under the right circumstances, there maybe a scenario that they'd like to take all 3.....but i think that would jsut have to "work out" that way.....all jmo.

We really need depth at LB, but I keep looking at the possibility and its hard to see them taking upwards of 6 at the position. Especially when they are all some variation of MIKE or WILL and none of them are likely to play JACK/SAM.

Maybe they believe French can grow into an outside position.

We really need depth at LB, but I keep looking at the possibility and its hard to see them taking upwards of 6 at the position. Especially when they are all some variation of MIKE or WILL and none of them are likely to play JACK/SAM.

Looks like maybe they are recruiting some that can be either LBs or RBs. Of course DB will always be the first place they try out for.

Looks like maybe they are recruiting some that can be either LBs or RBs. Of course DB will always be the first place they try out for.

True, but knowing Pruitt that will last for about 2 practices before Whitehead is playing Mike, haha.

There are also rumors of Tee Hodge playing LB.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

well, i think they like McDonald at Safety/Star. i could see them putting Eason on the DL to be honest....that kid could be a DE.

Kaho could be a star or ILB. i agree on French, he seems like an OLB to me as well, but jmo.

to me, when they go after kids like this (and i think LW is going to get the opportunity to play RB, and i think Hodge stays at RB too) that give them options. you saw with a kid like Beasley in the last cycle. Banks is another one.

i'm not overly concerned on this...some of htese kids they'll bring in and just get them stronger/faster, some they'll add weight and change 'em around....

i do agree though, it does feel like every one of these cats could play ILB....not so much OLB/DE....lol. but what the hell do i know.

If the 4 stars were next to Kahos name @benholt06 would be wetting himself over the kid lmfao
Haha possibly. But the fact is he doesn’t. Not even close. I kinda expected some more offers to come in for him. His best biggest endorsement right now is Pruitt and Tucker both are interested. Still have doubts about him ending up in the class.

I think too many of you guys get caught up in measurements and don't actually see football players..

I remember a Saints team back in the 90s that had 3 undersized LBs (Pat Swilling was one, I can't remember the other two names right now) That Dome Patrol defense was a nightmare to play...just because those guys were so good. The rest of the guys on that defense were just alright, but those LBs made it a force. They were not prototypical LBs in any way...just great football players.

I think too many of you guys get caught up in measurements and don't actually see football players..

I remember a Saints team back in the 90s that had 3 undersized LBs (Pat Swilling was one, I can't remember the other two names right now) That Dome Patrol defense was a nightmare to play...just because those guys were so good. The rest of the guys on that defense were just alright, but those LBs made it a force. They were not prototypical LBs in any way...just great football players.
Sam Mills?

VN Store

Back