Numbers left...?

I think Austin's recruiting is different. I guess Martin chose us over Ohio State and others partially because we promised him the early start. I don't think it would work for Austin, he can start anywhere. But I would love to land Austin.

That was not the case with Ben Martin at all. In fact, we did not promise him he could start early. We were honest with him. And, that was what he really liked. He felt comfortable with the people at UT. We told him that with his talent, if he came in and worked his butt off, then he had a chance to play early. No promise to start early. And, no promise of anything without the string attached that he works hard when he gets here.

I don't know what to think about him, but, to say the things he has said, he must know something. Either that, or he is just leading us along.

Texas is #1

USC has only 14 commitments right now leaving them the most to gain.

UT will finish in the Top 5

That was not the case with Ben Martin at all. In fact, we did not promise him he could start early. We were honest with him. And, that was what he really liked. He felt comfortable with the people at UT. We told him that with his talent, if he came in and worked his butt off, then he had a chance to play early. No promise to start early. And, no promise of anything without the string attached that he works hard when he gets here.

My bad, this is what I am trying to say. We do not promise Martin the unconditional start. I don't remember if we have ever promised anyone the unconditional start. But just as someone said, he understands the situation at UT, and he has the greatest chance to start every early here.

UT would have to get
Marvin Austin
Lennon Creer
Michael McNeil or
Morgan Burnett or Both
Ahmad Paige
either of the 2 of Brimfield or Dunlap

We're only a couple hundred behind Texas. Austin alone would close that gap right now. Then, if we took 3 or 4 a piece to finish, it would depend on who finished with what. Don't discount the fact that we will have some guys move up in the rankings when the new ones come out. I don't know about Texas' guys.

Austin would pull us even and we should pull in just as many after that as Texas. We also have quite a few 4*s we are recruiting. It will come down to who we land, who they land, and how much our recruits jump in the ratings/rankings.

After looking at Rivals top 100, we are in on 3(Austin, Dunlap, and Creer). Texas is only in on Creer and they still insist they aren't offering. I'll check the 250, prep, and JUCO rankings now. These rankings are still subject to change though.

add Joe McKnight for one.

and USC isn't that far behind and 10 or more left to get for them

Neither of us are in it for any 4*+ JUCOs.

Neither of us are in it for any 4*+ Preps.

Texas is in it for Christian Scott.

Tennessee is in it for Rae Sykes.

That is remaining for the 4*+s by Rivals rankings. There could be players moving in the rankings and either school could steal some players, but I doubt either pulls in 4-5 more 4*+.

I think USC could very well take the overall spot. I never said they wouldn't in fact. But McKnight isn't going to Texas. It will be USC/LSU with Bama being a darkhorse.

The fact is that other than Scott, RoJo and McKnight. I don't think Texas is actively recruiting anyone(other than maybe a couple committed to other schools). RoJo and McKnight are pipe dreams. If they don't offer Creer, I find it hard to believe that they will hold us off, let alone USC.

VN Store

Back