Number 4 QB

KBVol. You were proven dead wrong on Peterman. Peterman proved he had the poise, but was never given a serious chance to develop. Ironically, Peterman is now praised for his poise, intelligence and composure in the pocket. You did in fact rip Peterman personally as mentally incompetent while proclaiming Peterman must never see the field again.

Peterman demonstrated a very high level of mental competence against high level competition once given the chance at Pitt. He also graduated UT in only three years and scored high on his wonderlic. You were dead wrong to excoriate and demean Peterman based upon intelligence and composure.

KB said the he didn't have the "Poise to play here". That was correct! Peterman will be a lifetime backup at best and doubt he makes it in the league for longer than 3-4 years.

I am glad he went on to have a good career somewhere that he got to play but he still hasn't proven he is agoing to make it in the Pros!!!:)

KB said the he didn't have the "Poise to play here". That was correct! Peterman will be a lifetime backup at best and doubt he makes it in the league for longer than 3-4 years.

I am glad he went on to have a good career somewhere that he got to play but he still hasn't proven he is agoing to make it in the Pros!!!:)

Keep moving the goalposts. Good enough to be drafted in the NFL, but not good enough to play at UT? When will you admit you misjudged him?

Reactions: 2 people
Keep moving the goalposts. Good enough to be drafted in the NFL, but not good enough to play at UT? When will you admit you misjudged him?

No goal post is being moved, A lot of QBs get drafted that never see the field. He was never good enough to play at UT, even if he had stayed and Dobbs got hurt he wouldn't have been successful here, Dormady would have got the nod I believe! He doesn't have the "It" factor you need to play in the SEC, that has been proven! He was good at Pitt but we all know that doesn't always translate to the SEC!!! Come on Man, you keep pushing your narrative to be right, but none of this proves that he will be successful outside of his time at Pitt!

No goal post is being moved, A lot of QBs get drafted that never see the field. He was never good enough to play at UT, even if he had stayed and Dobbs got hurt he wouldn't have been successful here, Dormady would have got the nod I believe! He doesn't have the "It" factor you need to play in the SEC, that has been proven! He was good at Pitt but we all know that doesn't always translate to the SEC!!! Come on Man, you keep pushing your narrative to be right, but none of this proves that he will be successful outside of his time at Pitt!

Not good enough for UT, but good enough to be drafted in the NFL - after proving himself in a highly competitive collegiate schedule, beating the National Championship team with 5 TD's. Ridiculous. So now you move the goalpost penalizing Peterman for lacking an imaginary 'IT' factor that doesn't exist. That's convincing.

KBVol. You were proven dead wrong on Peterman. Peterman proved he had the poise, but was never given a serious chance to develop. Ironically, Peterman is now praised for his poise, intelligence and composure in the pocket. You did in fact rip Peterman personally as mentally incompetent while proclaiming Peterman must never see the field again.

Peterman demonstrated a very high level of mental competence against high level competition once given the chance at Pitt. He also graduated UT in only three years and scored high on his wonderlic. You were dead wrong to excoriate and demean Peterman based upon intelligence and composure.

Please re-watch the 2013 Tennessee-Florida game and then discuss Peterman's composure.

The SEC was 6-7 in bowl games this year. That sounds pretty average.

The great SEC wasn't the best conference in 2016. Peterman played in the best conference in 2016, the ACC.

Head to head in the 2016 season the ACC was 4-1 versus the SEC in bowls, and 10-4 against the SEC for the season. The ACC also had the Championship team, Clemson, who went 14-1. The one loss was to Nate Peterman and the Pitt Panthers, who scored 43 points against them, more than 7 other teams combined in the season.

Edit: Since 2014, the ACC is 19-13 versus the SEC, and in 2016 had more teams ranked in the Top 10 and Top 20 than did the SEC. The SEC is Alabama and nothing else. Every other team in the league had at least 4 losses this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Please re-watch the 2013 Tennessee-Florida game and then discuss Peterman's composure.

You expected Peterman to throw well with a broken thumb? He was doing fine until he broke his thumb at the end of the first quarter. One quarter with the ball was coming out wildly from a broken thumb. That's all you remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Perhaps the problem is that you think Mel Kiper knows what he's talking about.

Jamarcus Russell
Jimmy Clausen
Ryan Leaf

Mel liked them a lot too.

Exactly!!!! Kiper may be the most overpaid person at ESPN. He got 8 picks right out of 32. I know it's tough with trades but he's no smarter at judging talent than anyone on this board.

He beat Clemson which Alabama couldn't do. The kid can play, he was just not a good fit for the offense

The great SEC wasn't the best conference in 2016. Peterman played in the best conference in 2016, the ACC.

Head to head in the 2016 season the ACC was 4-1 versus the SEC in bowls, and 10-4 against the SEC for the season. The ACC also had the Championship team, Clemson, who went 14-1. The one loss was to Nate Peterman and the Pitt Panthers, who scored 43 points against them, more than 7 other teams combined in the season.

Edit: Since 2014, the ACC is 19-13 versus the SEC, and in 2016 had more teams ranked in the Top 10 and Top 20 than did the SEC. The SEC is Alabama and nothing else. Every other team in the league had at least 4 losses this year.

Peterman lost to VT who Tennessee beat and lost in the bowl to Northwestern and not even as good a Nortwestern team that Tennessee player 2 years ago.

They got lucky and won a big game so that makes him have the It Factor? They finished 8-5 hardly proving your point...Tennessee's schedule was way tougher than Pitts...Come on man!!!:)

Last edited:
He had a broken thumb on his throwing hand. You expect him to throw well?
He was doing fine until he broke his thumb at the end of the first quarter. He played the second quarter with a broken thumb, so the ball was coming out wildly. That's all you remember.

Even worse. Horrible decision to go back in.

Why didn't he leave after getting injured like most every other QB in history?

Don't tell me he didn't know he was injured.

Peterman lost to VT who Tennessee beat and lost in the bowl to Northwestern and not even as good a Nortwestern team that Tennessee player 2 years ago.

They got lucky and won a big game so that makes him have the It Factor? They finished 8-5 hardly proving your point...Tennessee's schedule was way tougher than Pitts...Come on man!!!:)
Most people in the know say that the ACC has overtaken the SEC in the last 3 years. We have Alabama and the 13 dwarfs.

Apparently very lucky several times. Lucky enough to throw 5 td passes.

Most people in the know say that the ACC has overtaken the SEC in the last 3 years. We have Alabama and the 13 dwarfs.

I would say every team after Alabama has at best average coaching. The ACC has better coaches than the SEC.

You mean Jimbo, Dabo, Petrino, Cutcliffe, Richt, Fuente, Fedora, Johnson, and Narduzzi are actually competent?

I should of said way better. The second best coach in the SEC right now is Mullen. Even Clawson would be an above average SEC HC.

Some of you just need to give back your Vol card ... (if you even are a fan ...).

Dobbs beat out Peterman at Tennessee. It is that simple. And Dobbs was drafted before Peterman. It is that simple.

Some of you are just mad because Peterman was not drafted before Dobbs and thus you lost your chance to take a pot shot at the coach.

Some of you just need to give back your Vol card ... (if you even are a fan ...).

Dobbs beat out Peterman at Tennessee. It is that simple. And Dobbs was drafted before Peterman. It is that simple.

Some of you are just mad because Peterman was not drafted before Dobbs and thus you lost your chance to take a pot shot at the coach.
I acknowledged that Dobbs was the right choice at the time, given our sorry pass protection, and I have never taken the first shot at the coach since he has been here. All I have done is to point out that Peterman is a serviceable qb, and would have worked in a different offense. He is probably not much different than Worley in my mind, not great, but not deserving of being trashed.

As far as the draft goes, I couldn't care less whether either was drafted or not.

Nathan Peterman is #4 on Mel Kiper's board. Is this definite proof that our coaching staff absolutely needed a QB coach? Has this been our hold up?

It's proof that his problem was competition from superior quarterbacks.

I'd be floored if Peterman even cracks the depth charts in the NFL. He played in the ACC, he would have never survived here.

Last edited:
Even worse. Horrible decision to go back in.

Why didn't he leave after getting injured like most every other QB in history?

Don't tell me he didn't know he was injured.

Oh, Adrenaline, testosterone and competitive spirit. A desire to compete. The same reason warriors don't quit. Your excuse is weak.

VN Store

Back