Nuclear Weapons Accidentally Flown Over US

Come on now, the fly boys have dropped nukes every where around the globe.

Heck, I think we haven't found a few of them.

Just another day at the office.

"The mail service has been excellent out here, and in my opinion this is all that the
Air Force has accomplished during the war."
- Chesty Puller in a letter to his wife while in Korea

There is one off the coast of Savannah. Too expensive to salvage it.

There was an expedition there not too long ago to check for leaks. All good and they packed up shop and left to wait and check again.

Yeah I know there are a couple of broken arrow cases - and this is not one of them. But, weren't those in the ocean? I think that flying over land...with nukes...when the pilots don't know is a MAJOR screw up...the nukes were attached to cruise missiles.

I trust the Air Force enough that I don't really have a problem with them being flown over US soil. However, the story noted that the aircrew had no idea they had nukes on board. That is what is scary to me, an aircrew so lazy and their pre-flight inspection so lazy that the nukes were missed.

Coming full circle with myself, I suppose my faith in the Air Force to have their s**t together is a little shaken.

I trust the Air Force enough that I don't really have a problem with them being flown over US soil. However, the story noted that the aircrew had no idea they had nukes on board. That is what is scary to me, an aircrew so lazy and their pre-flight inspection so lazy that the nukes were missed.

Coming full circle with myself, I suppose my faith in the Air Force to have their s**t together is a little shaken.

Yeah..I'm not too familiar with the way a warhead mounts to a cruise missile. If it is internal, then that would explain why they were missed. If it is external, but kind of like a tip on the missile, then you would think hot is one color and cool is another...but maybe not.

Could this have been one of those subtle reminders to Iran that "Hey guys...remember we still have nukes and those B-52's that could soon be flying over Tehran? You never know what they may hold."

The next nuke that goes off will likely spark a destructive chain reaction of unimaginable proportions; doesn't matter who fires it.

I don't think we are stupid enough to let a nuke rip. Let's hope that even the religious extremists recognize that there will be nothing left of them, or the rest of the world, if they resort to nuclear warfare.

I am disappointed with some of the "deeper thinkers" on this board for not digging deeper into this issue. I am not a big conspiracy theorist, however, those who have served or been around the military enough, know that to even place a training warhead on any sort of artillery munition or missile takes a very explicit order, in most units from Battalion (or equivalent) level.

Something else to think about is just how quickly this story was shelved after the initial outcry. I am not saying what I'm not saying...just dig a little deeper boys.

I am disappointed with some of the "deeper thinkers" on this board for not digging deeper into this issue. I am not a big conspiracy theorist, however, those who have served or been around the military enough, know that to even place a training warhead on any sort of artillery munition or missile takes a very explicit order, in most units from Battalion (or equivalent) level.

Something else to think about is just how quickly this story was shelved after the initial outcry. I am not saying what I'm not saying...just dig a little deeper boys.

So you may be "not saying" that CSpindizzy is right...but it would seem to me that Iran is fully aware of our capabilities, without our flying them over our own country...so I'm assuming you're getting at something else.... hmm.....

I completely agree. If this was truly a mistake then some people are being quite careless with those magic bombs. These things are locked down and secured in tight places. To take them out is one thing. To load them is another. But we will never know....until Hillary opens the case and investigates...:)

VN Store

Back