Now that both of our seasons are over—if Brandon Miller made the correct decision and stayed home and played for UT…

If Miller had gone to Tennessee, Tennessee would have easily been a #1 seed this year, and #1 seeds have not fared well this tournament, so ... ... maybe? Sure. Why not? I don't know. Perhaps? Yeah. Perhaps.

Reactions: 08Vol
In before “Barnes would have coached the offense out of Miller”.
giphy.gif

It’s interesting we finished 2nd in recruiting the two guys that I think would have been extreme difference makers the last two seasons in Banchero last year and Brandon miller this past year. We were so sound everywhere except for having a leading scorer type.

I think in alternate universe Josiah Jordan James or Phillips are that guy but neither had the ability to take over the game. Mashack could be the guy next year. I think he has the athleticism to be elite.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
It’s interesting we finished 2nd in recruiting the two guys that I think would have been extreme difference makers the last two seasons in Banchero last year and Brandon miller this past year. We were so sound everywhere except for having a leading scorer type.

I think in alternate universe Josiah Jordan James or Phillips are that guy but neither had the ability to take over the game. Mashack could be the guy next year. I think he has the athleticism to be elite.
Mashack better work on his shot. He looked like he was gonna faint before those free throws.

If Miller had gone to Tennessee, Tennessee would have easily been a #1 seed this year, and #1 seeds have not fared well this tournament, so ... ... maybe? Sure. Why not? I don't know. Perhaps? Yeah. Perhaps.
I don't think so. Barnes would have not allowed him to play if he was taking 25-30 shots per game. His bench time would not have allowed him more than the time it would take to score 10-15 points per game. Not enough to have made much difference in the outcome as it is.

One thing is for sure he won’t be going to anymore classes. The student/Athlete with the numerator student canceled out😀

If you are a high school baller trying to decide between TN and Bama or Texas, KY, etc all the opposing coaches have to say to them is, “ do you want to score or work your ass off on D?” They wouldn’t even need to bring up the tournament.

If you are a high school baller trying to decide between TN and Bama or Texas, KY, etc all the opposing coaches have to say to them is, “ do you want to score or work your ass off on D?” They wouldn’t even need to bring up the tournament.

Are you aware that we're recruiting at the highest level we ever have?

Mashack better work on his shot. He looked like he was gonna faint before those free throws.

That’s his routine. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. I didn’t pay attention early, but he’s done that the last month or more.

I don't think so. Barnes would have not allowed him to play if he was taking 25-30 shots per game. His bench time would not have allowed him more than the time it would take to score 10-15 points per game. Not enough to have made much difference in the outcome as it is.

Barnes let Kevin Durant shoot almost 19 shots per game. That was a very young team. But this team didn’t have a go-to scorer, so I believe Barnes would have let him fire it up because he would be our best scorer. It dropped late in the year, but I’m pretty sure Miller was shooting 40% from 3 at one point.

VN Store

Back