Now Comes The Fun Part.

He said he watches the one with the best action, but I do agree with you. You can't see it all at once, but I wouldn't necessarily say it is impossible to watch 2 games and know what's going on in both. Might not be able to take your notes efficiently or whatever you do.

I'm with BPV in that I'd like to see some adjustments to our game plan. I think we're still playing as if the same guys from '05-06 are on the court. And it means we're playing more to our weaknesses than our strengths. I know there's a lot of talk about intensity, but I'd start by creating the right identity for this team that will maximize their strengths.

On D, we're not quick, but we are tall and long. Let's stop pretending we're an up-and-down team. Get rid of the press and narrow the defensive focus to halfcourt. Try a zone like what Majerus did with another bunch of taller, longer, slower guys in the '98 tourney. We're used to playing a "disruptive" defense, like guys are constantly picking your pocket. I think we should think of it as building a wall that's very difficult to see through or get around.

On O, we're not great outside shooters, and we're not the best penetrators. But we do have guys inside who can bang and score. So, stop running an offense that hinges on individual dribble penetration and kick-outs, and focus on getting the ball in the paint on every possession. We've got size - let's use that size where it's most effective - near the basket. Tell Wayne not to ever get more than 15 feet from the basket - put a shock collar on him if it helps. Set low-ball screens (they don't set actual screens or rub off screens now, btw). Use the pick and roll. Get more motion on the perimeter (instead of a lot of standing and playing catch) so you make the other team work, and so it creates more lanes for passing or penetrating. We have lived on the perimeter since Pearl arrived. It's time for us to live in the lane.

That's where I'd start.

I agree with your ideas, I think a halfcourt defense and offense needs to be implemented this season, BP has not adjusted his gameplan to suit his lineups. i said it in another thread, BP is a one dimensional coach, he hasn't shown that he has another type of ball in his repertoire. In your opinion, does he have the ability to coach it? I think UT would be much better if they would do that, then spring the full court press on their opponents when needed.

really, you haven't watched a game with me than, I work too many long hours (which is what I should be doing now) to sit down and watch the game later. I'm not scouting players either, if you are scouting than you need to concentrate on one game, i'm just watching whichever game has the best action at the time, if the game I'm watching gets to be a blowout and one of the other games tightens up, I move it to the main screen. trust me, it's the way to go.

It's spelled then , I'm a terrible speller too , but this ones easy . THEN not THAN

I have no doubt that you can visually see motion and pretty colors on a few TV's at the same time.... but you don't know much about what is happening in any game if you are watching more than one of em.

It's just impossible.

mm

Do you know how to move your eyeballs? No, you're not watching every minute of every game, you can simply look over at the other games to see the score and if it's a close game you can switch over to it, i have it rigged so I just have to hit "enter" on certain remotes to move any game I want to the center screen. if I want to watch Tiger woods tee it up and a nascar race at the same time I'm watching whatever other sporting event is on I can, you don't have to watch every minute of the race to see who's leading and when Tiger is on the Tee you might want to flip over to it, when UK is playing they stay on the center screen until it's a commercial, while it's on commercial I move another game to the center screen, but here's the part you're not understanding, when the UK game comes back out of a commercial.............follow me here now, I can actually see the game getting ready to start back up, now, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT I DO WHEN THAT HAPPENS? Riiiiiiigggghhht, I flip it back over and I don't miss anything. Do you get it now? If I was scouting, which I could care less about, it would be different.

lol at this kentucky douche bragging about his TVs

Why do you think I'm bragging? Since when is owning 4 TV's bragging? All I'm saying is I like to watch sports and that is the best way for me to do it, I hate it when someone changes the channel to something stupid and by the time they return to the game you've missed several posessions. It's not about bragging.

I'm with BPV in that I'd like to see some adjustments to our game plan. I think we're still playing as if the same guys from '05-06 are on the court. And it means we're playing more to our weaknesses than our strengths. I know there's a lot of talk about intensity, but I'd start by creating the right identity for this team that will maximize their strengths.

On D, we're not quick, but we are tall and long. Let's stop pretending we're an up-and-down team. Get rid of the press and narrow the defensive focus to halfcourt. Try a zone like what Majerus did with another bunch of taller, longer, slower guys in the '98 tourney. We're used to playing a "disruptive" defense, like guys are constantly picking your pocket. I think we should think of it as building a wall that's very difficult to see through or get around.

On O, we're not great outside shooters, and we're not the best penetrators. But we do have guys inside who can bang and score. So, stop running an offense that hinges on individual dribble penetration and kick-outs, and focus on getting the ball in the paint on every possession. We've got size - let's use that size where it's most effective - near the basket. Tell Wayne not to ever get more than 15 feet from the basket - put a shock collar on him if it helps. Set low-ball screens (they don't set actual screens or rub off screens now, btw). Use the pick and roll. Get more motion on the perimeter (instead of a lot of standing and playing catch) so you make the other team work, and so it creates more lanes for passing or penetrating. We have lived on the perimeter since Pearl arrived. It's time for us to live in the lane.

That's where I'd start.

After watching the Vandy game last night, I'd say we made strides toward the following areas in bold above.

Not just Wayne, but the whole team, got a lot of close-in pts. We were much more crisp and fluid on offense. And I believe Pearl even referred to the defensive effort as "building a wall." Best example of this is when Prince blocked a 3-pt attempt as the clock was winding down. That was a common occurrence it seemed - Vandy had trouble finding good, open looks, and the fewer you give them, the fewer they'll knock down.

VN Store

Back