Now Comes The Fun Part.

O.K., you say it's not the players fault, it's the coaches lack of discipline. hmmmmm, why was UT so successfull the last two years? it wasn't just Chris Lofton's shooting, those guys were playing hard, the effort level was way off the charts, it wasn't Tuesday night.

jody meeks is doing what he has to do to win games, UK is very short on scorers, after Meeks and PP there isn't anyone. harris, Stevenson and Miller don't take the open shots, somebody has to.

They don't take shots because they expect him to shoot on every possession.

I didn't say it wasn't the players fault. They're definitely at fault too - I was just making a point it has nothing to do with being selfish or playing for themselves and the NBA. That's way off base.

UT was successful the last few years in the half court offense because of Chris Lofton's, CJ Watson's, and Jajuan Smith's scoring ability. We have always played the same crappy half court offense as I already stated... the only difference is we had shooters.

Defensively - we've never been good - but you're right.. those 3 players brought it every time - and like I said we are well aware of that fact. Our defenses also looked better because of the press being more effective those years and we used it more often.

So, how did they get Stevenson to foul out, Patterson to collect four and Harris to collect four? Those are all interior guys, they were collecting fouls everytime UT got aggressive inside. when you're 5 for 23 from three point range you need to change your strategy, stop settling for the three and drive the ball.

You really didn't watch the game I guess. You must have just looked at the box score. We did manage to get it inside early and Stevenson and Harris collected idiotic fouls like Brian Williams did for us... useless ones. That quickly closed.

Basically all 5 players were inside the 3-point arch the whole time. They were slumping off. It doesn't always prevent getting the ball to Chism and Williams - but it does prevent the guards from driving. Most of PP, Harris', and Stevenson's fouls came from offensive rebounds after we'd jack up a bad three and you'd foul Chism or Williams or someone else on the put back.

So are you saying that UT's players are a cohesive unit? Are you saying they are playing for the name on the front of the jersey? I sure didn't think so. You guys lost some scoring from a year ago but you were still the unanimous favorite to win the SEC but you lost both games to a struggling Gonzaga team, you barely squeeked out a road game at Georgia who is going to finish last in the worst of the big conferences and you already have 5 losses. Why is that? You can disagree with me all you want, but until they learn how to play as a team and respect the name on the front of the jersey they are going to continue to get embarrassed. They were talking trash all game long, even when they were down by 15.
On the other hand, UT has some very good players, Tyler Smith, Wayne Chism and Maze have the ability to be very good, but they have to talk during the game, how many times did Meeks come down in transition and nobody was covering him? pretty much every time, nobody was talking. I was waiting for Hopson or Maze to drive the ball into the lane and get fouled, they never did it. Why? They had UK's interior players in foul trouble. I also thought their effort level was at about 80%, they weren't playing hard. It's only one loss, maybe they will learn from it but it's going to take player commitment.

I do not disagree that we have those problems, as I am sure that I have seen it first hand at every home TN game more than you.

Its your moronic little comments that make you a troll....

I could say, well Billy Clyde must sober up for the SEC schedule, but that would be an assanine comment.

What is your jersey # for Kentucky? Since you were there and know what "trash" talking was said? When is the appropriate time to "trash" talk.

This crap I don't care about, and we don't need another teams troll to come on here and tell us how he "knew" we would lose because our players are Thugs that wear headbands. I am not found of them at all either, but I doubt that caused UT not to play good defense on Meeks.

They don't take shots because they expect him to shoot on every possession.

I didn't say it wasn't the players fault. They're definitely at fault too - I was just making a point it has nothing to do with being selfish or playing for themselves and the NBA. That's way off base.

UT was successful the last few years in the half court offense because of Chris Lofton's, CJ Watson's, and Jajuan Smith's scoring ability. We have always played the same crappy half court offense as I already stated... the only difference is we had shooters.

Defensively - we've never been good - but you're right.. those 3 players brought it every time - and like I said we are well aware of that fact. Our defenses also looked better because of the press being more effective those years and we used it more often.

I think part of it is the players you lost but that defense Tuesday night had no intensity at all and when it's a rivalry game on your home court it tells me it's a lack of heart. You learn more from a loss than any win. It's going to be very interesting to see how they respond.

You really didn't watch the game I guess. You must have just looked at the box score. We did manage to get it inside early and Stevenson and Harris collected idiotic fouls like Brian Williams did for us... useless ones. That quickly closed.

Basically all 5 players were inside the 3-point arch the whole time. They were slumping off. It doesn't always prevent getting the ball to Chism and Williams - but it does prevent the guards from driving. Most of PP, Harris', and Stevenson's fouls came from offensive rebounds after we'd jack up a bad three and you'd foul Chism or Williams or someone else on the put back.

I watched the whole game.....twice. UT only had 8 turnovers, if they were driving the ball like they should have been they would have had more turnovers and UK would have had more fouls.

I do not disagree that we have those problems, as I am sure that I have seen it first hand at every home TN game more than you.

Its your moronic little comments that make you a troll....

I could say, well Billy Clyde must sober up for the SEC schedule, but that would be an assanine comment.

What is your jersey # for Kentucky? Since you were there and know what "trash" talking was said? When is the appropriate time to "trash" talk.

This crap I don't care about, and we don't need another teams troll to come on here and tell us how he "knew" we would lose because our players are Thugs that wear headbands. I am not found of them at all either, but I doubt that caused UT not to play good defense on Meeks.

Alright, i admit, i should have phrased my comments differently, they don't read the same way they were meant. I got the trash talking information from an article that was quoted from an interview with Patrick Patterson.
All I meant was UT's players need to change their mindset, i think they read a little too much about themselves and I think they need to slap their palms on the floor on defense and play like there's 10 seconds left in a tie game..............on every play.
As far as the headbands and the gangster attitude, well, it's just the way I see it, they have zero respect for their opponents. I assume you will disagree with that but i believe it to be true.

I watched the whole game.....twice. UT only had 8 turnovers, if they were driving the ball like they should have been they would have had more turnovers and UK would have had more fouls.

You may have watched the game twice - but you obviously don't know what's going on exactly if you think there was room for the guards to drive more. Maze could have beat Porter off the dribble many time but then he would have quickly run into 2 help defenders inside and would have had his junk blocked.

You may have watched the game twice - but you obviously don't know what's going on exactly if you think there was room for the guards to drive more. Maze could have beat Porter off the dribble many time but then he would have quickly run into 2 help defenders inside and would have had his junk blocked.

There is a reason why you are a football school, you are not understanding basketball my friend. When you drive the ball you have to have a set play, this was a man to man defense Uk was playing you know, it's not like it was a zone and unless UK's players are shoulder to shoulder there are seems in the defense. Louisville found a way to score on Uk, why couldn't UT? Just because I said to drive the lane doesn't mean I meant it's a one man operation, it's a team effort, guys have to be setting screens and guys have to be making cuts through the defense to get open, there was way too much standing around.

Really, where do you get your information? i assure you, he is a true team player. In interviews with Gillispie and Patterson they say he is very shy and doesn't take credit, even when it's deserved. he is truly a good kid. You are way off. Not all athletes are like UT players. I hate to be blunt but they have that chip on their shoulder, they need to lose it and change their attitudes if they want to win games against good teams, UK is a good team, not a great team. You should do a little research before you judge someone, Meeks is not what you think.
Again, I'm not here to trash UT, I'm just being honest in my assessment of UT's issues.

Typical UK fan. READ the post. I didn't accuse him. I was simply pointing out the fact that you were praising/glorifying him for saying he wanted the win for his team. What basketball player would in his right mind stand up and say "I just wanted to score points. I don't care if the team lost or won". Meeks may be a good kid, but every game I've seen, he is a Ball Hog. He is not a team player. You even said it in another post that if he wasn't on fire, the game would have been tight. UK would have lost. I have researched. I have watched. You state Tenn is 10-5 and state it like its a horrible thing. Funny - UT does not have one loss on its record as bad as getting blown out at home to VMI. You can keep sayin "take off the orange glasses" all you want. Orange seems to be more clear than the Blue Glasses you wear. Go back to your hole troll.
As far as the talkin goes, it went both ways. Reporters even picked up on Meeks jabbin to Maze when he hit point number 50. So, who needs to research?

I'll even say I'm biased, since my hatred of UK Basketball runs deep. I was in Lexington recently eating at Malone's (awesome place). I was getting cussed at and people actin like pr*cks because I was wearing a UT hat. UK fans in general show no class. One guy decided to yell "Oh god, there are F****n Tennesse fans here now". In front of my son. Classless. I should have knocked all 3 of his teeth out. I am better than that though. They are the basketball version of most Bama Football fans.

There is a reason why you are a football school, you are not understanding basketball my friend. When you drive the ball you have to have a set play, this was a man to man defense Uk was playing you know, it's not like it was a zone and unless UK's players are shoulder to shoulder there are seems in the defense. Louisville found a way to score on Uk, why couldn't UT? Just because I said to drive the lane doesn't mean I meant it's a one man operation, it's a team effort, guys have to be setting screens and guys have to be making cuts through the defense to get open, there was way too much standing around.

..............My goodness. You don't listen to anything I say and take one post and forget everything else I posted in this thread.

I know it wasn't stupid zone, good grief. They were in a slumping man against our perimeter players. Why? BECAUSE WE CAN'T SHOOT THE THREE BALL. Why did Tyler shoot so poorly? Because he routinely had 3 guys on him every time he got the ball close to the basket.

IF Maze had penetrated more he would have picked up an effin charge every time down - and if he hadn't then what? Some play ground shot that end up as airballs? Lol. Or wait - he could dish it to the wings to a wide open Cameron Tatum! Genius! Except for the fact WE SUCK AT THREE POINT SHOOTING. Get that through your skull.

As for the 2nd bolded part - I already stated it SEVERAL times that IS our offense and has been since Pearl got here when we are in the half court. It's nothing new or nothing we don't know.

And the 1st bolded statement just proves how much of a troll you are. I guarantee I've watched as much basketball as you. I've always loved basketball and I hate it when people make statements like "football is king! screw basketball!" or crap like that. Just because UT is a football school doesn't mean we don't have basketball fans first. I'm about even with my sports.. I love them both.

I'm done here - welcome to ignore - its just not worth debating with you when you won't read my posts - and if you do read them you forget what I said in my last post when quoting the next. Have a good day and enjoy PP and Meeks while you can. They're awesome players and I love watching PP. He's my favorite non-UT player in the SEC.

Last edited:
Typical UK fan. READ the post. I didn't accuse him. I was simply pointing out the fact that you were praising/glorifying him for saying he wanted the win for his team. What basketball player would in his right mind stand up and say "I just wanted to score points. I don't care if the team lost or won". Meeks may be a good kid, but every game I've seen, he is a Ball Hog. He is not a team player. You even said it in another post that if he wasn't on fire, the game would have been tight. UK would have lost. I have researched. I have watched. You state Tenn is 10-5 and state it like its a horrible thing. Funny - UT does not have one loss on its record as bad as getting blown out at home to VMI. You can keep sayin "take off the orange glasses" all you want. Orange seems to be more clear than the Blue Glasses you wear. Go back to your hole troll.
As far as the talkin goes, it went both ways. Reporters even picked up on Meeks jabbin to Maze when he hit point number 50. So, who needs to research?

I'll even say I'm biased, since my hatred of UK Basketball runs deep. I was in Lexington recently eating at Malone's (awesome place). I was getting cussed at and people actin like pr*cks because I was wearing a UT hat. UK fans in general show no class. One guy decided to yell "Oh god, there are F****n Tennesse fans here now". In front of my son. Classless. I should have knocked all 3 of his teeth out. I am better than that though. They are the basketball version of most Bama Football fans.

LOL, yeah, you should have seen the pounding i took when I went to Thompson Boling arena back in 99 to watch a UK/Ut game. i had guys sitting next to me that told me to stop watching a girly sport like basketball and learn to play a mans sport like Football. that made a lot of sense since they were right there with me watching the game.
I worked in Knoxville off and on for a while, i took my verbal abuse too, I even had a bunch of guys (one was a state trooper) start a fight with members of my crew because they had a KY plate on their van. It goes both ways man.
I don't blame Meeks for barking back at the Ut players, after all, they were talking smack all game long.
As far as Uk's embarrassing loss to VMI, it wasn't much more embarrassing than the 18 point drubbing you just took at home now does it?

As far as Meeks being a ball hog early in the season, well, you tell me, has he or has he not improved? he got most of his turnovers while trying to create off the dribble, he was trying to make things happen because besides him, Patterson was the only one who wanted to take a shot. You can knock him all you want but UK's players are getting better by the day, they are improving so fast they will be a very tough out by the time the tournament rolls around. Meeks is a very quiet kid, his parents are very classy and jodie is a true team player, I guess you will just have to figure that out on your own.

As far as Hopson goes, he is the one who is quoted as saying "why drive a chevette when you can drive a caddilac" when asked why he chose UT over Uk. that kind of a comment tells you a lot about a guy doesn't it?

..............My goodness. You don't listen to anything I say and take one post and forget everything else I posted in this thread.

I know it wasn't stupid zone, good grief. They were in a slumping man against our perimeter players. Why? BECAUSE WE CAN'T SHOOT THE THREE BALL. Why did Tyler shoot so poorly? Because he routinely had 3 guys on him every time he got the ball close to the basket.

IF Maze had penetrated more he would have picked up an effin charge every time down - and if he hadn't then what? Some play ground shot that end up as airballs? Lol. Or wait - he could dish it to the wings to a wide open Cameron Tatum! Genius! Except for the fact WE SUCK AT THREE POINT SHOOTING. Get that through your skull.

As for the 2nd bolded part - I already stated it SEVERAL times that IS our offense and has been since Pearl got here when we are in the half court. It's nothing new or nothing we don't know.

And the 1st bolded statement just proves how much of a troll you are. I guarantee I've watched as much basketball as you. I've always loved basketball and I hate it when people make statements like "football is king! screw basketball!" or crap like that. Just because UT is a football school doesn't mean we don't have basketball fans first. I'm about even with my sports.. I love them both.

I'm done here - welcome to ignore - its just not worth debating with you when you won't read my posts - and if you do read them you forget what I said in my last post when quoting the next. Have a good day and enjoy PP and Meeks while you can. They're awesome players and I love watching PP. He's my favorite non-UT player in the SEC.

Easy tiger, I responded to the parts of your post that I wanted to respond to, i agreed with the rest of it, it's that simple.

I can also guarantee you one other thing, there is no way you watch any where near as much basketball as I do, not even close, I have ESPN full court, I have 4 televisions going at one time (one with volume) and I have several Fox and ESPN channels to boot, I'm at work, have been since 7:00 this morning, yet i am on here because I want to talk basketball. You don't even want to get into that kind of a pissing match with me, let me guess, is that Allen Houston in football gear in your sig? For such a big basketball guru you sure seem like a football guy to me. I'll put some serious money on the fact that you were only a casual basketball fan until BP came on the scene.

"I know it wasn't stupid zone, good grief. They were in a slumping man against our perimeter players. Why? BECAUSE WE CAN'T SHOOT THE THREE BALL. Why did Tyler shoot so poorly? Because he routinely had 3 guys on him every time he got the ball close to the basket.

IF Maze had penetrated more he would have picked up an effin charge every time down - and if he hadn't then what? Some play ground shot that end up as airballs? Lol. Or wait - he could dish it to the wings to a wide open Cameron Tatum! Genius! Except for the fact WE SUCK AT THREE POINT SHOOTING. Get that through your skull."

Ummmmm, you say if Maze had driven the ball he would have picked up an offensive foul every time. i have to disagree, unless he drives the ball into a defenders chest he should draw a blocking foul more times than not. he's a good ball handler, find the seam, drive the ball and hit the open man because there should be an open man whe UK's other defenders do what they do EVERY TIME, they play help defense, they collapse on the guy with the ball, now tell me genius, what happens when 3 guys collapse on the ball? RIGHTTTTT, that means 2 guys are without a defender. The one thing UT does better than Uk is transition offense, they had zero effort on defense for most of the game so that didn't happen, that was a lack of heart, go back to my first post for the rest.

Last edited:
LOL, yeah, you should have seen the pounding i took when I went to Thompson Boling arena back in 99 to watch a UK/Ut game. i had guys sitting next to me that told me to stop watching a girly sport like basketball and learn to play a mans sport like Football. that made a lot of sense since they were right there with me watching the game.
I worked in Knoxville off and on for a while, i took my verbal abuse too, I even had a bunch of guys (one was a state trooper) start a fight with members of my crew because they had a KY plate on their van. It goes both ways man.
I don't blame Meeks for barking back at the Ut players, after all, they were talking smack all game long.
As far as Uk's embarrassing loss to VMI, it wasn't much more embarrassing than the 18 point drubbing you just took at home now does it?

As far as Meeks being a ball hog early in the season, well, you tell me, has he or has he not improved? he got most of his turnovers while trying to create off the dribble, he was trying to make things happen because besides him, Patterson was the only one who wanted to take a shot. You can knock him all you want but UK's players are getting better by the day, they are improving so fast they will be a very tough out by the time the tournament rolls around. Meeks is a very quiet kid, his parents are very classy and jodie is a true team player, I guess you will just have to figure that out on your own.

As far as Hopson goes, he is the one who is quoted as saying "why drive a chevette when you can drive a caddilac" when asked why he chose UT over Uk. that kind of a comment tells you a lot about a guy doesn't it?

Hmmm....would I rather lose at home to the all time winningest program, who is also a perrernial Conference power, or get blown out at home to a second-tier INSTITUTE. Nice comparison.

And AGAIN.....READ! I am not sayin that Meeks (I can't call him Jodie. I'm not a first name basis like UK fans are) isn't a good kid. But he also is not the Saint you imply that he is. All I said is he is a Ball-Hog. Which he is. That in now way is a knock on his demeanor or how good of a kid he is.

And how exactly are UK players getting better by the day? They all would hold the ball (on the possessions when Meeks didn't actually have it) until the shot clock got under 10 and then desperately look for Meeks. If by better, you mean great passers, then yes, I can see how they will be better.

And as far as Hopson, or we call him Scotty here in Knox, he obviously has been to Lexington to make that comparison. Its obvious that UK fans are bitter over him ditching UK.

Easy tiger, I responded to the parts of your post that I wanted to respond to, i agreed with the rest of it, it's that simple.

I can also guarantee you one other thing, there is no way you watch any where near as much basketball as I do, not even close, I have ESPN full court, I have 4 televisions going at one time (one with volume) and I have several Fox and ESPN channels to boot, I'm at work, have been since 7:00 this morning, yet i am on here because I want to talk basketball. You don't even want to get into that kind of a pissing match with me, let me guess, is that Allen Houston in football gear in your sig? For such a big basketball guru you sure seem like a football guy to me. I'll put some serious money on the fact that you were only a casual basketball fan until BP came on the scene.

Lol - priceless! Bragging about his 4 TVs going at once and ESPN full court. What serious sports fan doesn't have some package?

I'd like to take you up on that bet as well - but too bad you're talking about the internet Mr. Big Talk.

Congratulations, you have 4 TVs going at once. Too bad you don't have 4 sets of eyes to watch each game. I'm quite confident I watch as much basketball, tiger.

I like the fact you once again chose to ignore the fact that I'm very involved with both basketball and football and liked each just as much. I supposed I should use paint and make half of my avatar Chuck Webb and the other half Dale Ellis to prove my fan hood right, pal?

Last edited:
Lol - priceless! Bragging about his 4 TVs going at once and ESPN full court. What serious sports fan doesn't?

I'd like to take you up on that bet as well - but too bad you're talking about the internet Mr. Big Talk.

Congratulations, you have 4 TVs going at once. Too bad you don't have 4 sets of eyes to watch each game. I'm quite confident I watch as much basketball, tiger.

I like the fact you once again chose to ignore the fact that I'm very involved with both basketball and football and liked each just as much. I supposed I should use paint and make half of my avatar Chuck Webb and the other half Dale Ellis to prove my fan hood right, pal?

I didn't say they were nice TV's, they are cheapies, but just because i can't watch all four at one time doesn't mean i'm not keeping up with what's going on.
Your accusations towards me are just as ridiculous as mine. Oh, what happened to you putting me on ignore? Was that a lie too?

"I know it wasn't stupid zone, good grief. They were in a slumping man against our perimeter players. Why? BECAUSE WE CAN'T SHOOT THE THREE BALL. Why did Tyler shoot so poorly? Because he routinely had 3 guys on him every time he got the ball close to the basket.

IF Maze had penetrated more he would have picked up an effin charge every time down - and if he hadn't then what? Some play ground shot that end up as airballs? Lol. Or wait - he could dish it to the wings to a wide open Cameron Tatum! Genius! Except for the fact WE SUCK AT THREE POINT SHOOTING. Get that through your skull."

Ummmmm, you say if Maze had driven the ball he would have picked up an offensive foul every time. i have to disagree, unless he drives the ball into a defenders chest he should draw a blocking foul more times than not. he's a good ball handler, find the seam, drive the ball and hit the open man because there should be an open man whe UK's other defenders do what they do EVERY TIME, they play help defense, they collapse on the guy with the ball, now tell me genius, what happens when 3 guys collapse on the ball? RIGHTTTTT, that means 2 guys are without a defender. The one thing UT does better than Uk is transition offense, they had zero effort on defense for most of the game so that didn't happen, that was a lack of heart, go back to my first post for the rest.

Once again - you didn't read. First off - if Kentucky gets a blocking foul called against them with that many defenders packed tightly into the lane then they're as retarded as the UT defenders. There won't be a seam when they playing that far off the wings since they're not scared of getting beat by the 3.

Secondly, as I addressed IN the previous post - yes SOMEONE will be open... RARELY will it be an inside guy for an easy layup.... RARELY... so its up to Maze to dish to the wings and hope someone like Tatum or Prince (lol) nails an open three. Did I mention WE SUCK AT SHOOTING THREES? Oh, yeah, nm - I did in my previous post.

I agree that would normally work. But what you're not understanding is we cannot shoot the ball from the outside. If we could the lane wouldn't be as crowded and it would allow more driving opportunities and dishes.

I didn't say they were nice TV's, they are cheapies, but just because i can't watch all four at one time doesn't mean i'm not keeping up with what's going on.
Your accusations towards me are just as ridiculous as mine. Oh, what happened to you putting me on ignore? Was that a lie too?

Nope - just hadn't done it yet - your last statement braggin about your setup was too funny not to respond to. I don't need 4 TVs to "keep up with what's going on."

As a professional basketball scout, I can promise you that it is totally useless to watch 4 games at one time.

2 games at once is really pushing it.....do what I do, get 4 DVR's

just saying.

mm

Nope - just hadn't done it yet - your last statement braggin about your setup was too funny not to respond to. I don't need 4 TVs to "keep up with what's going on."
To each his own, I will flip one of them to the weather channel sometimes but if two ar on commercial I will flip to the one that is not. What's so bad about that? I'm a college basketball nut, it's how I like to do it. I only needed one TV Tuesday night.

As a professional basketball scout, I can promise you that it is totally useless to watch 4 games at one time.

2 games at once is really pushing it.....do what I do, get 4 DVR's

just saying.

mm

really, you haven't watched a game with me than, I work too many long hours (which is what I should be doing now) to sit down and watch the game later. I'm not scouting players either, if you are scouting than you need to concentrate on one game, i'm just watching whichever game has the best action at the time, if the game I'm watching gets to be a blowout and one of the other games tightens up, I move it to the main screen. trust me, it's the way to go.

BPV, Hat, TennNC ?

I'm with BPV in that I'd like to see some adjustments to our game plan. I think we're still playing as if the same guys from '05-06 are on the court. And it means we're playing more to our weaknesses than our strengths. I know there's a lot of talk about intensity, but I'd start by creating the right identity for this team that will maximize their strengths.

On D, we're not quick, but we are tall and long. Let's stop pretending we're an up-and-down team. Get rid of the press and narrow the defensive focus to halfcourt. Try a zone like what Majerus did with another bunch of taller, longer, slower guys in the '98 tourney. We're used to playing a "disruptive" defense, like guys are constantly picking your pocket. I think we should think of it as building a wall that's very difficult to see through or get around.

On O, we're not great outside shooters, and we're not the best penetrators. But we do have guys inside who can bang and score. So, stop running an offense that hinges on individual dribble penetration and kick-outs, and focus on getting the ball in the paint on every possession. We've got size - let's use that size where it's most effective - near the basket. Tell Wayne not to ever get more than 15 feet from the basket - put a shock collar on him if it helps. Set low-ball screens (they don't set actual screens or rub off screens now, btw). Use the pick and roll. Get more motion on the perimeter (instead of a lot of standing and playing catch) so you make the other team work, and so it creates more lanes for passing or penetrating. We have lived on the perimeter since Pearl arrived. It's time for us to live in the lane.

That's where I'd start.

It's time for us to live in the lane.

Amen.

You really think we would thrive playing zone? Without getting shot out of it?

Something is really wrong with this team's chemistry, I think that's as big a problem as anything else. After the pregame introductions when they gather in a circle and rock back and forth, they can't even sway back and forth in unison....

Amen.

You really think we would thrive playing zone? Without getting shot out of it?

Something is really wrong with this team's chemistry, I think that's as big a problem as anything else. After the pregame introductions when they gather in a circle and rock back and forth, they can't even sway back and forth in unison....

I can't imagine using the words "thrive" and "defense" in the same sentence regarding this team. I do think we need to try something different, though, b/c the task of keeping up with your man for 35 seconds clearly isn't working.

Simplify it - you're responsible for anyone in your particular area. You don't even have to run around much. I'd extend the zone more to the perimeter and tell them to man that area.

really, you haven't watched a game with me than, I work too many long hours (which is what I should be doing now) to sit down and watch the game later. I'm not scouting players either, if you are scouting than you need to concentrate on one game, i'm just watching whichever game has the best action at the time, if the game I'm watching gets to be a blowout and one of the other games tightens up, I move it to the main screen. trust me, it's the way to go.

I have no doubt that you can visually see motion and pretty colors on a few TV's at the same time.... but you don't know much about what is happening in any game if you are watching more than one of em.

It's just impossible.

mm

VN Store

Back