Nothing is as bad as it looks.

tonyc

Anytime you bring new players into you system they need to learn your system and learn to play within your system as a team. That takes time. A coach should be able to take one player out and replace them with another player and not miss a beat. It shouldnt hurt the way they run their system. If it does sit that player until she learns how to play within the system. All the talent in the world without team chemistry is very difficult to coach when you dont play as a team and execute plays within the coaches system. The days of beating teams by out talenting them are gone. I remember the ole days when it was Tenn and UConn and they had all the talent. There is parity now. There is also a portal, transfers and there is also a extra year to play due to covid. This all plays into some teams being better and also some teams being worse. Getting a transfer or a portal player and working them into your system works sometimes. I for one dont believe in stacking a team with portal players and transfer for a couple of reasons. You have to build a team and teach them to play and execute within your system. That takes time. Players coming from other schools leave for various reasons and that too can be a problem. Players must be coachable, must be disciplined, and must be willing to change from where they came from to where they are. Tenn has alot of talent and should be playing better then their record shows based on their talent. Ive watched a couple of Tenn's games and they dont look to be executing as a team. You guys have watched more then I have and you follow the stats. They are not up to LadyVol standards. IMO the coaching staff needs to start from scratch and rebuild the LVs. It will take some time but imo it will be worth it. The talent is there the discipline and execution seems to be lost at times. Remember this nothing is as bad as it looks and nothing is as good as it looks. Yes I am a UConn fan fwiw just trying to help Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Anytime you bring new players into you system they need to learn your system and learn to play within your system as a team. That takes time. A coach should be able to take one player out and replace them with another player and not miss a beat. It shouldnt hurt the way they run their system. If it does sit that player until she learns how to play within the system. All the talent in the world without team chemistry is very difficult to coach when you dont play as a team and execute plays within the coaches system. The days of beating teams by out talenting them are gone. I remember the ole days when it was Tenn and UConn and they had all the talent. There is parity now. There is also a portal, transfers and there is also a extra year to play due to covid. This all plays into some teams being better and also some teams being worse. Getting a transfer or a portal player and working them into your system works sometimes. I for one dont believe in stacking a team with portal players and transfer for a couple of reasons. You have to build a team and teach them to play and execute within your system. That takes time. Players coming from other schools leave for various reasons and that too can be a problem. Players must be coachable, must be disciplined, and must be willing to change from where they came from to where they are. Tenn has alot of talent and should be playing better then their record shows based on their talent. Ive watched a couple of Tenn's games and they dont look to be executing as a team. You guys have watched more then I have and you follow the stats. They are not up to LadyVol standards. IMO the coaching staff needs to start from scratch and rebuild the LVs. It will take some time but imo it will be worth it. The talent is there the discipline and execution seems to be lost at times. Remember this nothing is as bad as it looks and nothing is as good as it looks. Yes I am a UConn fan fwiw just trying to help Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Holy hell, that long of a post with no paragraphs or breaks is about as hard to read as the men's offense is to watch.

Thank you. This is the men’s basketball forum. I’m sure a mod will move it to the Lady Vol forum, though.

VN Store

Back