Not Without A Fight !

Just once. Could she take responsibility for something that went wrong? Has she ever once said “I made a mistake” or “ I wish I had done .....”? While at first glance it may seem like she supports the players, what she is really doing is blaming them for everything. These girls are not dumb. They hear what she is saying. Not admitting mistakes is a true sign of a weak leader.

Warlick Quote: "I'll continue to say that talent doesn't mean a lot if you don't have the heart, the effort and the grit, and I thought we had that tonight."

let me fix it............

Warlick Quote: "I'll continue to say that talent doesn't mean a lot if you don't have the heart, the effort, the grit; or a coach."

The question isn't if she'll stand by them, because she's paid to do that.
The question is if they'll stand by her, because.........fill in the blanks.

I don't remember. When has she won a 2nd half?

Reactions: T.J. and feathersax
"I'll continue to say that talent doesn't mean a lot if you don't have the heart, the effort and the grit, and I thought we had that tonight. And we're going to build on it. These kids have been thrown into the fire and they're young, but I have a lot of confidence in them. They're playing hard and make things happen."

Holly, you're full of sh*t!! I see why y'all are fed up with her.

Must suck to know you are in way over your head.

I guess the paycheck helps assuage that feeling though.

Let the BS continue!

Reactions: T.J. and olddog
The demise of our Lady Vols is one of the most sad stories in sports.

Pat Summitt was much more than simply an amazing coach. She was a builder of character in young women, but she also built up young men; old men; and older women.

The influence of Pat Summitt was, and is, one which spreads across genders; states; economic levels; and even nations.

The story of her life is one which seems to be a fantasy; but is real. She was the one person who picked up women's basketball; put it on her shoulders; and showed the world what coaching was all about, and how to incorporate sports and life lessons. Her unselfishness in sharing her wealth of knowledge and ideas was, and is, unparalleled.

Holly, or anyone else could not replace Pat. But there are those who would be much more capable of taking over the reigns of the Lady Vols.

I have no doubt Holly is a good person, but that does not mean that she is qualified to be coach of the Tennessee Lady Vols. As a matter of fact, it is very clear that she is in way over her head.

It is way past time for her to do the honorable thing and step down and acknowledge the program is too important to slip deeper into irrelevance. She should care enough about Pat to not tarnish the legacy of the greatest of them all.

Please, Holly, do the right thing. If not for yourself; for the players; for the fans; then do it for Pat. She deserves her legacy to be saved and celebrated.

Several telling things about what Holly said in this article. One, that its ok for them to make mistakes b/c the teams effort was good. If its ok for them to make mistakes, then they will keep making them. She also talked about building on their effort against Notre Dame, well how did the wheels fall off in the first place? Why is it that she talks about practice when practice has not improved team play? Just b/c they have now lost 6 in a row, does not mean the train wasn't heading South before then. They had several games early on where they basically seemed absent offensively and defensively for a quarter or two, but still managed to win the game. Now it has turned into losses every game.

Reactions: olddog and Momto2
The out of conference schedule in November and December was filled with cupcakes. Teams that were sooo outmatched physically didn’t require Coaching acumen for a win. And Holly was quoted as saying the early schedule was made in order to prepare the team for SEC play. No, Holly. It was made to pad your wins number. It did NOTHING to prepare this team for league play. All it did was temporarily disguise your coaching ineptness.

The article is basically how Holly is on a very hot seat. All the message boards are critical of Holly. So, what does she do? Defend the players and their effort. Just another way of deflecting blame. Holly, you don't need to defend the players. It's not them the fans are done with.

Warlick Quote: "I'll continue to say that talent doesn't mean a lot if you don't have the heart, the effort and the grit, and I thought we had that tonight."

let me fix it............

Warlick Quote: "I'll continue to say that talent doesn't mean a lot if you don't have the heart, the effort, the grit; or a coach."

The question isn't if she'll stand by them, because she's paid to do that.
The question is if they'll stand by her, because.........fill in the blanks.

I don't remember. When has she won a 2nd half?

In other words, when she loses to the Alabama's of the world, it's because that wealth of talent she's amassed doesn't have grit, determination, or heart. But when they lose to ND by 15, it's ok because her talent showed tremendous determination and heart. Either way, Holly is covered and escapes responsibility.

doubt Holly full escapes responsibility...not from what I read here and I'm sure Coach/AD Fulmer has noticed, as well...sure wished she could turn this team around but it's gonna be a tough row to hoe...but, as always...

GO LADY VOLS!

The out of conference schedule in November and December was filled with cupcakes. Teams that were sooo outmatched physically didn’t require Coaching acumen for a win. And Holly was quoted as saying the early schedule was made in order to prepare the team for SEC play. No, Holly. It was made to pad your wins number.

LVs' record over the last 4 seasons is very telling:
  • Nov-Dec: 41-8 (84%)
  • Jan-Mar: 49-34 (59%)
  • SEC: 30-24 (56%)
Pat's teams lost 24 conference games in her last 20 seasons, losing 5 or more only one year (2008-09). Holly's teams have lost 5+ SEC games 4 seasons in a row. This cannot be allowed to be the "new normal."

Reactions: Momto2 and ksl415
Holly talks much too much about grit and effort she really believes everything comes down to that.... so why doesn't she demand that from her players.... and in following the team for quite a while... I cannot remember any game Tennessee has given a full 40 minute effort during hollys tenure...

Reactions: alaVOL
The demise of our Lady Vols is one of the most sad stories in sports.

Pat Summitt was much more than simply an amazing coach. She was a builder of character in young women, but she also built up young men; old men; and older women.

The influence of Pat Summitt was, and is, one which spreads across genders; states; economic levels; and even nations.

The story of her life is one which seems to be a fantasy; but is real. She was the one person who picked up women's basketball; put it on her shoulders; and showed the world what coaching was all about, and how to incorporate sports and life lessons. Her unselfishness in sharing her wealth of knowledge and ideas was, and is, unparalleled.

Holly, or anyone else could not replace Pat. But there are those who would be much more capable of taking over the reigns of the Lady Vols.

I have no doubt Holly is a good person, but that does not mean that she is qualified to be coach of the Tennessee Lady Vols. As a matter of fact, it is very clear that she is in way over her head.

It is way past time for her to do the honorable thing and step down and acknowledge the program is too important to slip deeper into irrelevance. She should care enough about Pat to not tarnish the legacy of the greatest of them all.

Please, Holly, do the right thing. If not for yourself; for the players; for the fans; then do it for Pat. She deserves her legacy to be saved and celebrated.
Great post except for Holly is a good person.

No she is not a good person. LVS are on the cusp of breaking the one major record setter of Pat Summit's storied career. Only Div 1 team both men and women to make the NCAA tournament 37 straight times.

Holly is sick in her head. She's refusing to admit the damage she personally has caused because of her incompetence. She's literally blaming the players for Tennessee's downfall. The

Reactions: Texas and 508mikey

VN Store

Back