Not the end of the world

I thought it was a little but on the low class side for KY to not pull the ball back out with 30 seconds left. Hope Coach Cal has a word with the team about the last goal. I know they were open but the game was out of reach so show some class.....

Who cares? He had a clear lane to the bucket. If given the same circumstances I would want a ut player to throw it down. Btw class is not a real thing in sports, it’s something that people who have never played invented in their heads to make themselves feel better when things don’t go their way.

Who cares? He had a clear lane to the bucket. If given the same circumstances I would want a ut player to throw it down. Btw class is not a real thing in sports, it’s something that people who have never played invented in their heads to make themselves feel better when things don’t go their way.
Class is how one conducts themselves through EVERY aspect of life including sports and yes, been in high levels of sports for years......including a player. Sorry you feel that way but you absolutely have a right to your opinion.

I noticed that our guys have been playing tighter in games since being ranked number one. I am hoping now that we lost that we got it out of our system. Losing the game and the number one ranking might be a blessing in disguise. We shall see.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Class is how one conducts themselves through EVERY aspect of life including sports and yes, been in high levels of sports for years......including a player. Sorry you feel that way but you absolutely have a right to your opinion.
While I disagree with class existing in sports, your reply was very classy. Have a nice day.

My mistake.

I dont totally disagree with that idea in most cases.

I dont think that was true last nite with those 2 teams tho.
I don't necessarily disagree with it when its an OC game , however these SEC teams play UK every year and I seriously doubt they are any SEC schools superbowl !

I think that's a copout Ky fans use when the play poorly or someone gets the best of em!

Play defense?
Play defense. The shot clock was less than the game time left.
This. A meaningless, cheap bucket means nothing unless you have money writing on the game.
Classless? You're down 15 or whatever at that point and the shot clock is running out before the game clock. The players didn't seem to mind it. That's soft.
Guaranteed if you ask coach Barnes about the bucket, he would say the same thing. Tennessee should have gotten back on defense. Play to the whistle.
Well, I agree completely with both of u and I'm sure Barnes, Grant, Admiral and the rest of the team does too. Play until the final whistle, trust me if the tables were turned, one of the Vols would have tried to break the backboard. Like @McCat said in another thread, "it's one game and it's basketball, so this sh!t happens, it how u respond that tells u what kind of team the Vols are", or something to that such nature. He's right, although until the last couple of days I haven't seen him post at all in the VN BB Forum, this year. @LittleCat has posted all year, tho. So props. But anyway, u all's Cats got embarrassed on national TV, by Duke, by 30+ points in the first game of the season. Since then, they have responded and improved, becoming a top 5 team, hopefully, the Vols will rise to that challenge, also. Imo, the Vols will be fine, too well coached, too unselfish and have too many leaders to let this game define their season. I didn't want another L, but now that we have one, I think it will be good for them. I expect to see UK, LSU and UT in the Elite 8. Match-ups in the E8 will decide which teams make the Final 4, but I'm calling 2 SEC teams in Minneapolis as of right now. If the Vols are who I think they are, they will go into the UK game at TBA on a 3 game win streak

Good post by a balanced fan. Looking forward to the next matchup.

Yeah, I mostly stick to the Around the NCAA forum.

Well, I agree completely with both of u and I'm sure Barnes, Grant, Admiral and the rest of the team does too. Play until the final whistle, trust me if the tables were turned, one of the Vols would have tried to break the backboard. Like @McCat said in another thread, "it's one game and it's basketball, so this sh!t happens, it how u respond that tells u what kind of team the Vols are", or something to that such nature. He's right, although until the last couple of days I haven't seen him post at all in the VN BB Forum, this year. @LittleCat has posted all year, tho. So props. But anyway, u all's Cats got embarrassed on national TV, by Duke, by 30+ points in the first game of the season. Since then, they have responded and improved, becoming a top 5 team, hopefully, the Vols will rise to that challenge, also. Imo, the Vols will be fine, too well coached, too unselfish and have too many leaders to let this game define their season. I didn't want another L, but now that we have one, I think it will be good for them. I expect to see UK, LSU and UT in the Elite 8. Match-ups in the E8 will decide which teams make the Final 4, but I'm calling 2 SEC teams in Minneapolis as of right now. If the Vols are who I think they are, they will go into the UK game at TBA on a 3 game win streak

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back