(Not Official) SEC Permanent Rivals per Ross Dellenger of SI

It does make more sense, but I guaran-damn-tee you that Nick Saban and other coaches have whined their heads off behind closed doors about Tennessee getting Candy and UK as being “unfair.”
It's not like there's much difference. Since 2010, Kentucky is actually 8-5 against South Carolina.

Well, they screwed it up by giving us SCAR instead of Kentucky. Switch SCAR to UGA and KY to Tennessee and that part of it is fixed. Kentucky loses their two longest running rivals in Tennessee and Vandy.

FL - OK?
I guess it was too obvious for Arky to play TX, OK and Mizzou
Or Mizzou to play OK, Arky and SCAR or KY

There was a nice round robin between Arky, LSU, MissSt and Ole Miss that was totally detroyed.

The only ones they got right were TX and Mizzou.

This haphazard decision probably cost tens of thousands of dollars. I could have done much better for $100 and a case of beer and some Jack Daniels.

There, it took me 5 minutes:

UT: AL, Vandy, KY
Vandy: TN, KY, Mizzou
GA: Aub, FL, SC
FL: GA, SC, Aub
Mizzou: Ark, OK, Vandy
SC: GA, FL, KY
KY: Vandy, TN, SC
AL: Aub, TN, Miss St
Aub: AL, GA, FL
Ark: Mizzou, Ole Miss, uTa
Ole Miss: Miss St, LSU, Ark
Miss St: Ole Miss, LSU, AL
LSU: Miss St, Ole Miss, aTm
aTm: uTa, LSU, OK
uTa: OK, aTm, Ark
OK: uTa, Mizzou, aTm

Last edited:
With the 6-3 model they need to focus on maintaining important rivalries, the “competitive balance” bs is never going to be completely even. Better programs are going to have better rivals. I would throw up if we get stuck with USCjr… they are a completely worthless program. I respect Vandy and UK more

Well, they screwed it up by giving us SCAR instead of Kentucky. Switch SCAR to UGA and KY to Tennessee and that part of it is fixed. Kentucky loses their two longest running rivals in Tennessee and Vandy.

FL - OK?
I guess it was too obvious for Arky to play TX, OK and Mizzou
Or Mizzou to play OK, Arky and SCAR or KY

There was a nice round robin between Arky, LSU, MissSt and Ole Miss that was totally detroyed.

The only ones they got right were TX and Mizzou.

This haphazard decision probably cost tens of thousands of dollars. I could have done much better for $100 and a case of beer and some Jack Daniels.

There, it took me 5 minutes:

UT: AL, Vandy, KY
Vandy: TN, KY, Mizzou
FL: GA, SC, Aub
Mizzou: Ark, OK, Vandy
SC: GA, FL, KY
KY: Vandy, TN, SC
AL: Aub, TN, Miss St
Aub: AL, GA, FL
Ark: Mizzou, Ole Miss, uTa
Ole Miss: Miss St, LSU, Ark
Miss St: Ole Miss, LSU, AL
LSU: Miss St, Ole Miss, aTm
aTm: uTa, LSU, OK
uTa: OK, aTm, Ark
OK: uTa, Mizzou, aTm

Great work. You should be Commissioner.
This preserves every rivalry except LSU-UF which wasn’t a huge rivalry.

With the 6-3 model they need to focus on maintaining important rivalries, the “competitive balance” bs is never going to be completely even. Better programs are going to have better rivals. I would throw up if we get stuck with USCjr… they are a completely worthless program. I respect Vandy and UK more
Agree, if you have fewer powerhouses in your permanent slate, there will be more in your rotating pool. There is nowhere to hide under the 3/6/6 model.

Every school should get to name the one most important rivalry to them. And that game is absolutely granted.

My guess of how it might go:

UT: AL
Vandy: TN
GA: Aub
FL: GA
Mizzou: OK
SC: GA
KY: TN
AL: Aub
Aub: AL
Ark: TX
Ole Miss: Miss St
Miss St: Ole Miss
LSU: AL
aTm: TX
TX: OK
OK: TX

That yields these must have annual rivalry games:

UT: AL, KY, Vandy
Vandy: TN
FL: GA
Mizzou: OK
SC: GA
KY: TN
AL: TN, Aub, LSU
Aub: AL, GA
Ark: TX
Ole Miss: Miss St
Miss St: Ole Miss
LSU: AL
aTm: TX
TX: OK, aTm, Ark
OK: TX, Mizzou

Fill in the rest of schedule with a mixture of secondary historical rivalries (e.g., LSU v FL), geography (LSU v Arkansas), and balancing historical strength (e.g., toughest schedule v Vandy... so prob Aub).

One man's opinion.

Last edited:
I think we should play Alabama, Kentucky and then either Texas or Oklahoma. I’m not interested in playing Vandy every year and definitely don’t want to play South Carolina or Missouri or similar programs. Playing Texas every year could help expand our recruiting.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
I think we should play Alabama, Kentucky and then either Texas or Oklahoma. I’m not interested in playing Vandy every year and definitely don’t want to play South Carolina or Missouri or similar programs. Playing Texas every year could help expand our recruiting.

Vandy would leave the conference if that happened which many people would applaud.

Does anyone actually view SC as a rivalry? I mean I really don't give a crap about SC at all-other than wanting to wax their cheeks in Neyland this year to put them back in their proper place in the world.

Once that's done and that the bad juju exorcised, I will mostly forget they even exist or that they are part of the SEC. I still kinda view them as a non-tenured member anyway.

Vandy would leave the conference if that happened which many people would applaud.

Too much money for Vandy to leave. The SEC offices might applaud though as they could bring in somewhere more fitting.

Most fanbases and I'm sure coaches kinda like seeing Candy on the schedule as it's a league win 9/10 (or more) times.

Does anyone actually view SC as a rivalry? I mean I really don't give a crap about SC at all-other than wanting to wax their cheeks in Neyland this year to put them back in their proper place in the world.

Once that's done and that the bad juju exorcised, I will mostly forget they even exor that they are part of the SEC. I still kinda view them as a non-tenured member anyway.
They are worthless. Vandy has academics. UK is a blue blood in bball. USCjr … lame space techno intro and a screeching chicken… should never have been added to SEC

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back