Not honoring Pruitt's contract

Doug Mathews is concerned that UT may not honor Pruitt's contract. He believes coaches may say "no thanks" when UT comes calling. They won't be able to trust UT.
UT doesn't have to pay Cornbread's buyout since him and his staff violated NCAA rules when it comes to recruiting a hell of a lot of times.

He's concerned they won't honor it? Haven't they explicitly said they aren't paying him. No buyout. Fired for cause. What the hell is he smoking up just now find all this out? They aren't going to pay him, unless a settlement. If items coaches are concerned. Go somewhere else. Obviously CJH isn't concerned. Nor must Tee and a few others who are upset they didn't get an interview or the job.

Looks like they are honoring the contract of his buddy Phil, who clearly doesn’t deserve it.
Mathews is a Fulmer mouthpiece and a vandy goob. Fulmer has enriched himself greatly at the expense of UT. He's been self serving and negligent. Frankly, I think UT has been extremely kind and generous with how they've handled Fulmer's performance as the AD which has been nothing short of disastrous. Hopefully, we've seen the last of Fulmer. Sadly, I see no end to the repetitive bore that is Doug Mathews.

Pruitt didn't honor his.
It doesn't matter to another coach coming in here. The appearance is that the school "used" it to get out of his contract for cause, therefore not paying him an additional dollar. He did what every other school is doing. Appearance is everything!

Reactions: RiverVol
I am sure UT will end up paying Pruitt something. They've been printing money over there since November.

Doug Mathews is concerned that UT may not honor Pruitt's contract. He believes coaches may say "no thanks" when UT comes calling. They won't be able to trust UT.

Why is it Mathews concern?
Pruitt had a contract which he breeched the terms of so no he shouldn’t get any money. Neither should Fulmer who deliberately tried to hide the violations.

Furthermore, let’s see how committed Tennessee is to winning and if White will do what he says if his pick for HC goes south.

VN Store

Back