Not Gilbert

Ingram is the right choice....if he's willing to take it.

If he is willing to take it is the thing. They first have to get through a conversation with him that goes something like this-So look man, we’ve brought in this dude for interim. He’s hired a couple guys to go with the handful of coaches we had left after firing everybody. We have no freaking idea what we plan on doing with him at this time, but we kinda need you to find a way to sort all of this out where he stays and we look like we had a brilliant plan all along.

We'll see. A lot of the stuff in that thread has been pretty spot on, so I was speculating on a message board. Thanks for putting me in my place!
I apologize. Not trying to "put anyone in their place". Just don't believe this administration could hire an AD that fast. And I fell for some of the insiders during the Gruden fest last time, so I don't believe ANY insiders anymore.
Very few people who truly know anything air it for public consumption prior to it happening.

Reactions: TNinSC
I apologize. Not trying to "put anyone in their place". Just don't believe this administration could hire an AD that fast. And I fell for some of the insiders during the Gruden fest last time, so I don't believe ANY insiders anymore.
Very few people who truly know anything air it for public consumption prior to it happening.
No worries. All UT fans are a little on edge and doubtful of anyone and anybody right now.

I have only been lurking on the board the past couple of years, but that one thread has been the most interesting one that I've come across in a while. If that guy is a phony, he spins a good yarn.

SIAP (merge if necessary)
99.1 just stated that Gilbert informed the ECU Chancellor he will not be part of the TN AD search.
Hopefully Mark Ingram will be interested. The quicker they can get this done and get a coach in place will be better in keeping the team intact. Those that took illegal benefits will surely leave.

No worries. All UT fans are a little on edge and doubtful of anyone and anybody right now.

I have only been lurking on the board the past couple of years, but that one thread has been the most interesting one that I've come across in a while. If that guy is a phony, he spins a good yarn.
Or if his source is playing him. That happens too.

I’m not betting the mortgage on his posts, but they sure explain a lot.

And as for a “quick hire” if it happens, UT admin (above the AD) might have quietly started checking out options a month ago. Perhaps Chancellor Plowman actually anticipates possible events.

I was tainted to the inside info as well but with that being said if you look at Stoerner Fumble thread and look at the dates of the post and then put that next to the actual timeline of how things have unfolded he has been closer to the facts than any poster I have read in quite a long time. He really does either know someone or is someone in the loop.

VN Store

Back