Not a lot of love for the whistler

Came across this today. Check out the photo of his Vandy Van someone posted. Some replies are pretty hot:

There are 2 whistlers.
The guy that owns the van and this guy are not the same. This one is the obnoxious one that whistles constantly to make noise, the one with the van does it to lead cheers (The whistle, whistle, whistle, clap, clap, clap).

giphy.gif

Reactions: RollerVol
Jeff Pack is this obnoxious creature & commode-door fan. It'll be interesting to see what happens in Omaha. In 2014 ESPN complained his whistling was destroying the broadcast, so officials at the stadium confronted him & he had to tone it down in order to remain. He's a wealthy vandie contributor but not an alumnus. Piece of slime.

After listening/watching some of the Vandy games this last weekend. I started to pay attention to this guy because of remarks in other threads. He is really irritating. After awhile I got to wondering how he had enough wind to make this call time and time again. Many military funerals disgustedly use a recording played on a devise stuffed in the bell of a bugle "playing" taps now days. (The military doesn't have enough money to do it right.) Again I wonder if this guy has a recording he plays some way? The sound he is producing sure seems to repeat without any variance in volume or tone.

Jeff Pack is this obnoxious creature & commode-door fan. It'll be interesting to see what happens in Omaha. In 2014 ESPN complained his whistling was destroying the broadcast, so officials at the stadium confronted him & he had to tone it down in order to remain. He's a wealthy vandie contributor but not an alumnus. Piece of slime.
I googled his name and saw Tennesseean articles about the both of the whistlers :rolleyes:

There are 2 whistlers.
The guy that owns the van and this guy are not the same. This one is the obnoxious one that whistles constantly to make noise, the one with the van does it to lead cheers (The whistle, whistle, whistle, clap, clap, clap).
I’m not a connoisseur of whistles, so I didn’t know there were two guys ;)

it's irritating enough just trying to watch the game on TV....can't imagine how it would be if your attending the game...to me, there's just no place for that, except maybe an outhouse...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: feathersax
I went to the games this weekend and he is as annoying as advertised. Sat two sections over from him on Friday night and in the outfield bleachers on Sunday afternoon. He was still going strong when Vandy was getting shellacked on Friday......

Has to be the most annoying fan in college athletics. I don't see how the vandy fans put up with it.
Most Vanderbilt fans don’t like them either and wish They would stop more so than others because they have to deal with it every game. They ruin the team success and make some games unwatchable at times. Other Vanderbilt fans have tried to get them to stop, but it’s not actually against the rules since it’s not an artificial sound. It’s irritating and Pack admitted he is trying to irritate the opposition team.

Last edited:
I’m not a connoisseur of whistles, so I didn’t know there were two guys ;)
Yeah Jeff Pack is the more infamous one as he is the guy that creates the hate. The one with the van (Preacher Franklin) is actually the original whistler that just does it during certain times to get the crowd going. Franklin gets the hate and has toned it down over the years.

I've heard that annoying whistling on international soccer matches. (I wasn't watching, only heard it changing channels) It has NO PLACE in any US sporting event.

Seems like they could put a stop to it if they wanted to. Just because you buy a ticket doesn't give you free reign to do whatever you want.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather sit next to this guy than watch the ineptitude of our HS coach.

I went to the games this weekend and he is as annoying as advertised. Sat two sections over from him on Friday night and in the outfield bleachers on Sunday afternoon. He was still going strong when Vandy was getting shellacked on Friday......
You may have heard "the preacher" (other whistler). Wife was at that game & Pack ducked out with bulk of commode-doors fans when it got ugly. Well, you get a blue star for enduring that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrwvol

VN Store

Back