Not a good day to bring this up...but it is VERY IMPORTANT

Nope.
Prove to me you can win on the road.
Then we will talk.
It's not where a team starts a season but where it finishes which should be the measure. Are we really going to throw stupid money at CJH like Jimbo and Mark? Bad idea. Saban is the exception. He's proven.
If I were Danny White, I'd consider adding contract $ bonuses for 0 tolerance player or coach on-field or off-field incidents including police/legal issues. CJH has set the example years 1 and 2. I see trouble in year 3 until he purges all Pruitt's recruits and gets his own classes signed and developed. Winning, like losing, is contagious. Hold any contract extension until after Vandy and whatever bowl game team we draw.

Heupel needs a contract extension and raise now!! Kentucky just gave Stoops.an extension through 2030 and raise to a guaranteed $9 Million per year and an increased buyout!! Now is the time to dispassionately think long term, Tennessee cannot afford to risk another coaching change!! Heupel is an incredible talent and must stay!! We will go 10-2 and to a major bowl this year, beaten top 10 teams and in the running for the national championship...astounding by any objective measure

Pretty sure he just received one and a $1 Million increase.

Yes we will be in a NY6 bowl Karen

I still say we won't, Ken....but I did forget that LSU will take a 3rd loss most likely...making us the 3rd highest ranked SEC school...but I think it all depends upon how the PAC12 plays out.

That being said, if we do make it, great....I just think the beat down by S. CAR. may hurt us more than just any loss would.

Career suicide? I would say getting an extension and raise to go .500 is the career jackpot.
Yes, he is trading money in to stay at Kentucky and ruin amy future opportunity to coach somewhere better. UK doesn't have the resources to compete in the conference. Now that Tennessee is back. They are back to fighting with Vandy. Mizzou and USCe for 4th place.

Why would a 3 loss LSU team that we beat by 27 points be ahead of us?
Yeah…I kinda forgot about that game. Lol. As long as what we expect to happen actually happens, we will be third in the pecking order under UGA and Alabama.

You mean when we had back to back *8-4* seasons?

10-2 is considerably better than 8-4, last time I checked. I guess Maths is not a strength for you

We went 9-4 both of those years and that is still on the table for this year. And the post I quoted specifically said specifically that 9-3 is “a hell of a lot better”. It isn’t and one year of success doesn’t mean we need to break the bank.

I like JH. Great offensive mind but he needs to show that he can rebuild our God awful defense before he gets another raise.

Why? We now basing our football programs strategy and payout performance on Kentucky’s football strategy and performance? That would be a helluva risk taking.
this is exactly what i was going to say! he's not going anywhere this year. if somebody calls, you can address it then. whatever you do, dont go giving out 10 year deals

We went 9-4 both of those years and that is still on the table for this year. And the post I quoted specifically said specifically that 9-3 is “a hell of a lot better”. It isn’t and one year of success doesn’t mean we need to break the bank.
9-4 includes the bowl games, which are a different animal.

So 11-2 is also on the table.

No contract extensions this year. We don't want the team to become Texas A&M or Michigan State.

The SC game gives a pretext to not give an extension.

11-1 and in the playoffs, give him one, but please make it reasonable.

Man, I hadn't seen the Mark Stoops contract extension. He's now the 6th highest paid coach in college football. That's unreal.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/article268998082.html

Yep that contract was signed and sealed before the Vandy loss. Already talking to some UK fans who have buyers remorse. I forget the ungodly price but one added up stoops & Calapari price tag and said from all that we have just 1 national title between those 2 lol these years.

Just read the post to which I responded. This isn’t complicated and doesn’t require any further input from you.

I read the original comment. Was not responding to it in any way, and why you bring it up is completely irrelevant.

Your comment was "2015 and 2016 are calling"

As if this season had any remote resemblance to either. This season is already much better.

Now, if we lose to Vandy, THEN you might be on to something. But I personally will wait till that happens.

But please do come back on here if we do and tell me how glad you are we lost so that you can win some points in this discussion.

And dude, I and I alone will decide if I am done having input.

After reading both sides of this? I don't care. They are gonna do what they are gonna do over there. And no matter what I think, wasting energy on forming an opinion is asinine and won't change a damn thing.

I read the original comment. Was not responding to it in any way, and why you bring it up is completely irrelevant.

Your comment was "2015 and 2016 are calling"

As if this season had any remote resemblance to either. This season is already much better.

Now, if we lose to Vandy, THEN you might be on to something. But I personally will wait till that happens.

But please do come back on here if we do and tell me how glad you are we lost so that you can win some points in this discussion.

And dude, I and I alone will decide if I am done having input.

“10-2 or 9-3 hell of a lot better than in the past”

It’s right there. He didn’t add a zillion qualifiers like you have. He didn’t respond and try to clarify that he really meant something else. He’s welcome to do so.
You’ve decided to jump in and argue points I never made. Feel free to continue speaking. You’re doing so well.

And I went to UT (I pray you didn’t or my degree has been devalued significantly). Blow it out your ass for suggesting I’d be happy for the prospect of a loss to those clowns.

Heupel, the offensive staff, and Garner need a substantial raise due to the overall upward trajectory of the program. Banks and Martinez deserve nothing except a spot on the hot seat or their outright release.

I thought Hype already got a raise. I think a big raise and an extension at this time is premature. We need to see how things go next year. Most of our offense this year is not Hype's recruits. Lets see how we do with his recruits next year, and if we have a good year, then a hefty raise and an extension. I would hate to give a big raise and an extensiion and next year we go like 7-5 or worse. I certainly don't want us to get in a situation Texas A&M are in now.

“10-2 or 9-3 hell of a lot better than in the past”

It’s right there. He didn’t add a zillion qualifiers like you have. He didn’t respond and try to clarify that he really meant something else. He’s welcome to do so.
You’ve decided to jump in and argue points I never made. Feel free to continue speaking. You’re doing so well.

And I went to UT (I pray you didn’t or my degree has been devalued significantly). Blow it out your ass for suggesting I’d be happy for the prospect of a loss to those clowns.

LOL! As if "2015 and 2016 are calling" could be ANYTHING but a direct comparison of Butch Jones to Heupel, which is effing ridiculous. And apparently you are referring me to how the OP responded to you. Doesn't change my point at all.

You can always tell who is winning the argument when the other guy resorts to childish insults. LMAO

I have a degree from UT, sure. And two graduate degrees from other Universities in Aerospace Engineering. I think your 3rd grade playground insult falls well short of the mark. I can only imagine you are a business major that spent your time at UT sunning on the top of Carrick Hall. Seems about your speed.

LOL! As if "2015 and 2016 are calling" could be ANYTHING but a direct comparison of Butch Jones to Heupel, which is effing ridiculous. And apparently you are referring me to how the OP responded to you. Doesn't change my point at all.

You can always tell who is winning the argument when the other guy resorts to childish insults. LMAO

I have a degree from UT, sure. And two graduate degrees from other Universities in Aerospace Engineering. I think your 3rd grade playground insult falls well short of the mark. I can only imagine you are a business major that spent your time at UT sunning on the top of Carrick Hall. Seems about your speed.

Damn it. This is just amazing. I don't know how to put it in simpler terms. I, the guy that quote that message, was the one responding to that message. We still on the same page? So when I was responding to that message, my response is to be interpreted in the context of that quoted message. Still on board? Take a breath. Maybe write some of this down to help you keep it straight.

So here is what that message said:

"Not up to us AD Danny White will deal with that and most likely he will get one one or two games will not define this season 10-2 or 9-3 hell of a lot better than in the past"

So, in a thread about giving our current coach, Joshua Kenneth Heupel, a contract extension, this poster has posited that a single season result of 10-2 or 9-3 is a hell of a lot better than in the past. Thus, he is arguing that 9-3 warrants a raise.

I, West Vol, the poster to whom you have responded, disagree with the premise that a single season of 9-3 should be grounds for a raise and/or extension. As evidence that this would not be a good policy, I presented two seasons (2015 and 2016) with similar W-L results (i.e. "not a hell of a lot better") achieved by an obviously substandard coach. My expectation was that the poster I initially quoted would perhaps reconsider his standard for UT coaches based. It's not a comparison to Butch Jones. If I thought they were comparable, I'd be posting left and right that he should be fired immediately. It's a statement about giving a UT coach a raise for making it to 9-3. Several days have passed, the thread has over 10,000 views, one person even liked my comment, and no one has questioned the comment outside of yourself.

You chose to disagree with the premise by asserting that "I guess Maths is not a strength for you". And then not long after decided to go with
"But please do come back on here if we do and tell me how glad you are we lost so that you can win some points in this discussion." And to top it all off you've decided to go let it be known that childish insults mean you're losing the argument immediately before making yet another one.

There is no more that needs to be said. Please do not follow this up with another non sequitir.

Damn it. This is just amazing. I don't know how to put it in simpler terms. I, the guy that quote that message, was the one responding to that message. We still on the same page? So when I was responding to that message, my response is to be interpreted in the context of that quoted message. Still on board? Take a breath. Maybe write some of this down to help you keep it straight.

So here is what that message said:

"Not up to us AD Danny White will deal with that and most likely he will get one one or two games will not define this season 10-2 or 9-3 hell of a lot better than in the past"

So, in a thread about giving our current coach, Joshua Kenneth Heupel, a contract extension, this poster has posited that a single season result of 10-2 or 9-3 is a hell of a lot better than in the past. Thus, he is arguing that 9-3 warrants a raise.

I, West Vol, the poster to whom you have responded, disagree with the premise that a single season of 9-3 should be grounds for a raise and/or extension. As evidence that this would not be a good policy, I presented two seasons (2015 and 2016) with similar W-L results (i.e. "not a hell of a lot better") achieved by an obviously substandard coach. My expectation was that the poster I initially quoted would perhaps reconsider his standard for UT coaches based. It's not a comparison to Butch Jones. If I thought they were comparable, I'd be posting left and right that he should be fired immediately. It's a statement about giving a UT coach a raise for making it to 9-3. Several days have passed, the thread has over 10,000 views, one person even liked my comment, and no one has questioned the comment outside of yourself.

You chose to disagree with the premise by asserting that "I guess Maths is not a strength for you". And then not long after decided to go with
"But please do come back on here if we do and tell me how glad you are we lost so that you can win some points in this discussion." And to top it all off you've decided to go let it be known that childish insults mean you're losing the argument immediately before making yet another one.

There is no more that needs to be said. Please do not follow this up with another non sequitir.

Thank you for finally bothering to explain it. That wasn't hard, was it?

VN Store

Back