Norwegian Cruise Lines

Darth Brooks

Formerly Known as GSV
The wife and I are looking at them as a possibility for our Mediterranean honeymoon later this year (hopefully). Neither of us has traveled with them. Any personal reviews?

We went on the Epic IIRC, there are bigger ships now. We really enjoyed it.

The wife and I are looking at them as a possibility for our Mediterranean honeymoon later this year (hopefully). Neither of us has traveled with them. Any personal reviews?

Which ship? How old are you? Which itinerary.? What other cruise lines have you sailed on? Also the CEO of NCL announced this week that they will require passengers and crew to be vaccinated.

Last edited:
I like NCL, our last cruise was on the Getaway and it was great. We got the drink package and specialty dining packages included.

Reactions: OL SMOKEY
We cruised on the Epic two years ago, and it was amazing. If you are able to stay in the Haven Suites, I would highly recommend it. Pricey, but the private restaurant/bar, pool, concierge, butler, etc are the perfect upgrades for a dreamlike vacation.

We sailed on Jade in the Med in 2010. It was one of the best cruises we've been on out of about 25. We currently have a Norwegian Fjords cruise booked on Holland America in September. We are not going for multiple reasons. I am currently looking at cruises in November and December. So in my search I came across the Jade cruise in November.
All of those type cruises on every cruise line are port intensive, and every port in Greece is interesting. Even more so if you visit Kusadasi (terrace houses) and Istanbul in Turkey.
You really won't find a better time to cruise the Med than autumn. Otherwise the heat, humidity, And tourist crowds are very bad.
Your fellow passengers will be older. No kids as they will be in school (maybe a few from Australia).
Many of the smaller ports do not want the mega ships. They simply overcrowd the area with people., and they destroy the harbors.
It won't be a wild party ship, but you should enjoy yourself. Most people will be somewhat worn out from active days ashore.
Makes me want to go.
Congrats on your marriage.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I won $500 in ship credit by winning a karaoke contest in 2004 ("Strokin" by Clarence Carter was the song I chose)

Reactions: hog88
We have cruised on the Star, Escape, Pride of America and the Bliss. The only one I would never recommend is Pride of America around Hawaii. It was dirty and the food was awful. The others were all enjoyable.

I would suggest booking the specialty dining if you aren’t in the Haven. I’m not a fan of the main dining rooms on any ship. It’s just hard to maintain quality for that many diners at once.

We have cruised on the Star, Escape, Pride of America and the Bliss. The only one I would never recommend is Pride of America around Hawaii. It was dirty and the food was awful. The others were all enjoyable.

I would suggest booking the specialty dining if you aren’t in the Haven. I’m not a fan of the main dining rooms on any ship. It’s just hard to maintain quality for that many diners at once.
Have to agree. NCL is not known for its food. It seems the older we have gotten the more important the food has gotten. I'm not sure the food matters to most younger people.. If we sail NCL we do as you suggested, and eat in a pay restaurant most nights.
One thing about a Med cruise is the food ashore will be much better than any cruise line food. We don't take ships shore excursions and often eat only breakfast on board, and we eat other meals while sightseeing on land.

Agree with many above - pay the money for the better food plan. Was surprised that their food is, at best, average. Its not bad, just not great

VN Store

Back