North Korea on the move

Hard to revolt when your entire existence is dependent on the good will of the Supreme Leader.

I just don't understand how we have allowed this charade to go on for so long. Every time I see a video from inside NK it makes me have such an odd feeling. The news segment from a couple years back that showed a group being operated on for blindness is really disturbing. The fact that they all had to worship their "supreme leader" and pledge their allegence to him right after international doctors cured their blindness is astonishing. I feel for those poor individuals, hopefully they eventually get their justice. I'd love to see Kim get the gaddafi treatment.

I just don't understand how we have allowed this charade to go on for so long. Every time I see a video from inside NK it makes me have such an odd feeling. The news segment from a couple years back that showed a group being operated on for blindness is really disturbing. The fact that they all had to worship their "supreme leader" and pledge their allegence to him right after international doctors cured their blindness is astonishing. I feel for those poor individuals, hopefully they eventually get their justice. I'd love to see Kim get the gaddafi treatment.

China

Reactions: 1 person
So what exactly is it that y'all are waiting on before you use all your guns to take back our country?

Don't need to. We still have the vote, attempt to take that away and you just might see it.

Why the government won't try to take that away - we have guns.

Don't need to. We still have the vote, attempt to take that away and you just might see it.

Why the government won't try to take that away - we have guns.

If the government wanted your guns, they'd take your guns. It wouldn't be as difficult as you think. Sure, there'd be some Branch Dividian and Ruby Ridge moments.

There'd be a black eye for the government but don't be fooled, they'd take your guns - even if it was from your cold dead hands.

If the government wanted your guns, they'd take your guns. It wouldn't be as difficult as you think. Sure, there'd be some Branch Dividian and Ruby Ridge moments.

There'd be a black eye for the government but don't be fooled, they'd take your guns - even if it was from your cold dead hands.

Yeah and who exactly is going to do it?

This. China has a vested interest in keeping North Korea in play even though they tend to dislike the regime as much as the rest of the international community.

Crossing the Line was one of the more interesting documentaries I've seen on North Korea.

Traveling to the Korean DMZ is a surreal experience.

An actual well regulated militia.

Do you understand who the people are that make up the "well regulated militia"?

Most are like several posters here on VN, good luck getting them to go door to door confiscating weapons.

Yep, spent quite a bit of time there.

Yeah. Probably the only time I wished I wasn't a American citizen. I traveled there with a German guy. After visiting South Korea (and taking the DMZ tour for the South's side) he was going to fly to Pyongyang and do the same thing. He said it wasn't hard to as a European but pretty much impossible as an American.

Needless to say, I desperately want to visit North Korea.

Do you understand who the people are that make up the "well regulated militia"?

Most are like several posters here on VN, good luck getting them to go door to door confiscating weapons.

They could certainly choose to decline, no denying that. But a well regulated militia isn't a democracy, given that it is a lawful order they could again, choose to decline. But there would be ramifications to that decision.

This. China has a vested interest in keeping North Korea in play even though they tend to dislike the regime as much as the rest of the international community.

Economically possibly. A united Korea could threaten the markets China has now.

But the problem is if the Korea's united, it would take the South years to recover from the amount of capital they would invest upgrading the North. It wouldn't be like Germany where the basic infrastructure was there and it was more quality of life upgraded for lack of a better term. We're talking building everything from the ground up.

Socially it would reverse a lot of the documented workers crossing the border and could actually reverse that to Chinese going the other way.

If push came to shove in a reigniting of the Korean War, I would almost see China as sitting it out or being the third party for peace talks. They have far too much to loose by Chinese munitions being fired by the PLA and PLAN killing Americans to get involved in a specific side.

Economically possibly. A united Korea could threaten the markets China has now.

But the problem is if the Korea's united, it would take the South years to recover from the amount of capital they would invest upgrading the North. It wouldn't be like Germany where the basic infrastructure was there and it was more quality of life upgraded for lack of a better term. We're talking building everything from the ground up.

Socially it would reverse a lot of the documented workers crossing the border and could actually reverse that to Chinese going the other way.

If push came to shove in a reigniting of the Korean War, I would almost see China as sitting it out or being the third party for peace talks. They have far too much to loose by Chinese munitions being fired by the PLA and PLAN killing Americans to get involved in a specific side.

I view it much more about internal political power with respect to China. Having a very successful, free, and democratic Korea (what South Korea is right now) would spell trouble for the political system currently entrenched in China. Not to mention that it would be military/national security risk to have the US having technology, personal, and bases right over their border.

I don't think China would fight an all out war against the US as it is against their interest. However, I do think China will do everything in it's power to either keep a leash on the current North Korean regime or at the very least, keep a buffer between China and South Korea. I think they will threaten force and even use force if necessarily to acquire their goal but would fall short of all out war with the US. Then again, I think the US would do the same; it is in neither interest to have an all out war.

It will be interesting how it plays out.

They could certainly choose to decline, no denying that. But a well regulated militia isn't a democracy, given that it is a lawful order they could again, choose to decline. But there would be ramifications to that decision.

See this is where the military would fracture. The NCO corps for the most part (in my opinion) would not give or enforce those orders. Not to mention it's illegal for the US military to conduct such operations on US soil outside of armed conflict.

The only force that would attempt such actions would be local/state and Federal law enforcement.

I view it much more about internal political power with respect to China. Having a very successful, free, and democratic Korea (what South Korea is right now) would spell trouble for the political system currently entrenched in China. Not to mention that it would be military/national security risk to have the US having technology, personal, and bases right over their border.

I don't think China would fight an all out war against the US as it is against their interest. However, I do think China will do everything in it's power to either keep a leash on the current North Korean regime or at the very least, keep a buffer between China and South Korea. I think they will threaten force and even use force if necessarily to acquire their goal but would fall short of all out war with the US. Then again, I think the US would do the same; it is in neither interest to have an all out war.

So the question is..will Kim drop a bomb before his kingdom is eventually taken/ disassembled?

China wont because they'd have close to a billion starving mouths to feed and we wont because it might interfere with American Idol.

So the question is..will Kim drop a bomb before his kingdom is eventually taken/ disassembled?

No.

He and his Generals know any such action, conventional or especially nuclear would equal their end. Greed and self preservation will keep them in check.

VN Store

Back