Norm Chow endorses Sark for OC

Yet he's only 3 years removed from getting fired from a job for showing up drunk. Meaning he's less than that from sobering up. I would prefer not being a rehab center for a recovering alcoholic. Half this board was pissed when CJP spent 4 more weeks coaching another NC team because he wasn't focused on coaching UT. Why should hiring someone that has a constant demon be any different. Plus he pays refs and gets caught.

"We agree" signed, Gen Neyland, Bear Bryant, Bowden Wyatt, J Majors , J Vaught, Shug Jordan and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yet he's only 3 years removed from getting fired from a job for showing up drunk. Meaning he's less than that from sobering up. I would prefer not being a rehab center for a recovering alcoholic. Half this board was pissed when CJP spent 4 more weeks coaching another NC team because he wasn't focused on coaching UT. Why should hiring someone that has a constant demon be any different. Plus he pays refs and gets caught.
Entitled to your opinion but it is terribly flawed unless you have details of his recovery. Coach Majors is sad panda

Reactions: VolNExile
Steve Sarkisian has been falling upward for a decade. I don't have any reason to believe he won't come here, or any reason to believe he will succeed.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
For us Titan fans, Norm Chow is a very, bad reference.

If I was Cutty Sark, I would tweet, "I have never met Norm Chow."
Really? Our problem when Norm was here was the God awful roster that Reese left us and the general suckitude that was Jeff Fisher. He was as effective at getting offensive production from Vince Young as anybody else ever was.

I think Sark is safe in Atlanta but Morris who is the defensive coordinator could get fired because Ryan and the offense have scored enough points to win ball games.

Entitled to your opinion but it is terribly flawed unless you have details of his recovery. Coach Majors is sad panda
His recovery started less than 3 years ago from the evidence presented via his job positions. And yes, Majors is a sad panda, for sure.

Really? Our problem when Norm was here was the God awful roster that Reese left us and the general suckitude that was Jeff Fisher. He was as effective at getting offensive production from Vince Young as anybody else ever was.

In Chow's final year with the Titans (2007), we threw 9 touchdown passes...for the year....in 16 games.

After being fired by Fisher, Chow has:

1) Went 15-22 at UCLA
2) One year at Utah
3) Went like 12-36 at Hawaii. Got drummed, at home, like 50-7 in final college game by Air Force.
4) Spent two years as an assistant coach at two different high school teams.

Not exactly working his way up the ranks.

Does anyone really think Norm Chow is going to say anything else? Is he going to publicly say, “No way. Sark is a ****bag”?

I know this isn’t the best place to say this, but I’m going to anyway.....
Those of you that are vilifying a man for having a disease are deplorable people. Would you make fun of a person for having cancer?
That being said, alcoholism is treatable. You do a few simple things on a daily basis and it becomes a lifestyle......not work (I know for a fact). As far as I know........and anyone on VN knows.....he’s doing what he is supposed to do. Like him as a coach or not.....that’s up to you, but lay off the alcoholic jokes. They are not funny and people die from this disease every day. Very well could be someone you care about one day. It doesn’t care who you are or where you come from.

Sorry.......but it needed to be said.

^^ it’s really easy to mock and pass judgment, until it happens to someone you know, someone who is otherwise a good human being, going through the everyday ups and downs of life.

There are a lot of people out there with a different gene in their brains, people who get hooked hard, and with no warning. Maybe instead of making jokes and passing judgment, you should be on your knees and thanking God that this didn’t happen to you.

VN Store

Back