Norfolk Southern and Sherri Parker Lee Stadium

the_great_pumpkin

I'm pretty sure this has been hashed out before, but will the railroad company let UT do any improvements to the Kudzu patch that looks pathetic beyond our outfield? Would be nice to have some rip rap rocks and the UT emblem painted on them or something similar to this. Anything besides kudzu.

I'm pretty sure this has been hashed out before, but will the railroad company let UT do any improvements to the Kudzu patch that looks pathetic beyond our outfield? Would be nice to have some rip rap rocks and the UT emblem painted on them or something similar to this. Anything besides kudzu.

The railroad won't allow UT to touch anything on their property. There was a plan about 10 years ago to build a berm by extending the existing hill that support the railroad tracks, but that was denied by N-S.

The railroad won't allow UT to touch anything on their property. There was a plan about 10 years ago to build a berm by extending the existing hill that support the railroad tracks, but that was denied by N-S.
I don't understand why NS would deny any type of beautification project that won't weaken the integrity of the structure. Sounds like somewhere, sometime, someone, at UT has ticked Sir Topham Hatt off.

It doesn't matter who owns the rail yard CSX OR NS they are dictators and have the same mindset as they did 150 years ago or like a 5 year old whichever you like. It's mine, mine, mine and YOU leave it alone. The government will side with them so good luck.

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
I don't understand why NS would deny any type of beautification project that won't weaken the integrity of the structure. Sounds like somewhere, sometime, someone, at UT has ticked Sir Topham Hatt off.

Then you’ve never dealt with a railroad company. I agree that it doesn’t make sense, but anybody who has ever tried to do anything near a railroad track, beautification or otherwise, knows what I’m talking about here.

Isn't CSX the railroad behind the stadium instead of NS?

CSX controls the railyard behind baseball, but I believe Norfolk Southern controls the tracks that run directly behind the softball stadium. When I was in law school, UT tried to build a pedestrian walkway across those tracks to make it easier for students to attend soccer matches. I think this was before softball was actually built. And one of the contracts we looked at as part of a case study involved Norfolk Southern.

VN Store

Back