****NOON OFFENSIVE STAFF INTRODUCTIONS****

So happy to be here they are. Don't worry, VolNation will beat you to a pulp and you'll be gone in no time. BVS is strong among this fan base!

Reactions: FïreBall
So far, they all have hair....we were hair challenged the last few years. Being a hair challenged man myself, I pull for other hair challenged men. No more!!!!
I never trust a person without hair....especially babies and ex Bama players who spent their playing days getting a big orange mudhole stomped in their asses down by the woodshed like they were red headed foster children.

Or people who wear bowties..

I liked the coaches .. we have to move it to the field .. but I think these guys just gotta sell the up tempo and playing fast and reckless .. not worrying about the mistakes as much as making plays ... so we probably will be on bowl ban .. so what ..bowls are for fans to have somewhere to go for a vacation .. the players like the trip itself ... I says when bowls are going on .. have the team a vacation somewhere warm after season .. enjoy the time away from the field ..bond more ...

Reactions: feathersax
Cliff notes?
Just finished watching the entire thing: Alex Golesh/OC & TE coach: articulate, positive, Knowledgeable. Sounds like a future HC. Analytical mind & knows how to stoke media egos. Glen Ellarbee OL: Says CJH is smart & cares about people. Intelligence key in OL. Down-to-earth, doesn't waste words. Kodi Burns (WR): Loves Tennessee tradition. Recruiting is building relationships. Would have loved playing WR in this offense Current roster lacks experience but has skills. Joey Halzle (QB): Out of coaching 2017-18. Played for CJH at OU. Says QB needs to "rip it" downfield when needed. He welcomes being an "extension of CJH's voice". QB should be able to response to opponent's defense & be able to improvise. Jimmy Mack (RB) Memphis native with recruiting connections there. Has been HC, OC & position coach. RBs should be versatile, creative & able to block. Proponent of situational football. Current roster has opportunity to be special.
All in all, these men were impressive to me. GO VOLS!

50+ year supporter/season ticket holder here. Former player unlike most of these idiots who never wore the orange. Have heard promises before. How many staff introductions have we witnessed in the past few years? Weren't we told years ago that we had the best staff in America? Ha. No buy-in until it happens; am over it. Just show me you are capable of doing the job you are being paid exorbitant sums to do.

What UT administration has forgotten: Just win and all problems will be fixed. Winning fixes everything. All UT administration has worried about is getting in our pockets. How many million$ have they forked out to dismissed coaches/ADs? Still paying Fulmer after paying all those million$ to him from years ago, and still crying to us for more funds. Nope; no more.

*yawn*

Yes. Butch’s offense didn’t work unless he had Dobbs. And with Pruitt, what was his offensive scheme?
Based on what I saw from Pruitt's/Chaney's offense it was run left on 1st for a 2 yard gain.....then run right on 2nd down for a 2 yard loss....then on 3rd and 10 throw a 1 yard swing pass for no gain and then punt on 4th down.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
Just finished watching the entire thing: Alex Golesh/OC & TE coach: articulate, positive, Knowledgeable. Sounds like a future HC. Analytical mind & knows how to stoke media egos. Glen Ellarbee OL: Says CJH is smart & cares about people. Intelligence key in OL. Down-to-earth, doesn't waste words. Kodi Burns (WR): Loves Tennessee tradition. Recruiting is building relationships. Would have loved playing WR in this offense Current roster lacks experience but has skills. Joey Halzle (QB): Out of coaching 2017-18. Played for CJH at OU. Says QB needs to "rip it" downfield when needed. He welcomes being an "extension of CJH's voice". QB should be able to response to opponent's defense & be able to improvise. Jimmy Mack (RB) Memphis native with recruiting connections there. Has been HC, OC & position coach. RBs should be versatile, creative & able to block. Proponent of situational football. Current roster has opportunity to be special.
All in all, these men were impressive to me. GO VOLS!
Thank you!

Reactions: feathersax
Finally watched the whole thing and I feel really good about this staff. Main concern is the lack of time we have to install a new everything but I think the future looks bright.

Everyone seems to be on the same page and have a genuine like for each other. Overall impression is that this is a system for ballers, the kids are going to be able to make decisions and have an impact.

I like the OC. Sounds like we have a legit QB competition coming up.

The first thing he said that a QB needed to be successful in their offense, was to be able to process information quickly. I could not help but laugh a little thinking JG would not have had a chance in their offense because of that.
I think Bailey will win the starting job.

50+ year supporter/season ticket holder here. Former player unlike most of these idiots who never wore the orange. Have heard promises before. How many staff introductions have we witnessed in the past few years? Weren't we told years ago that we had the best staff in America? Ha. No buy-in until it happens; am over it. Just show me you are capable of doing the job you are being paid exorbitant sums to do.

What UT administration has forgotten: Just win and all problems will be fixed. Winning fixes everything. All UT administration has worried about is getting in our pockets. How many million$ have they forked out to dismissed coaches/ADs? Still paying Fulmer after paying all those million$ to him from years ago, and still crying to us for more funds. Nope; no more.
Ding ding ding

Man, I think you and I may be kindred spirits. I’ve been saying I’m done sheeping for all this stuff. Heupel wishes Gen Neyland a Happy Birthday and people are ready to build a statue for the guy.

I like these guys...Time to be positive.
Why?
1613656744974.png

Note in particular the words: "enthusiastic" ... "ardent" ... "admirer."

What amazes me is how many folks on vn.com don't define themselves using these terms, but still consider themselves true fans. It's like we've fallen into 1984 and Doublespeak, where "critic" and "cynic" mean "fan."

EDIT:

A sudden thought. Perhaps a lot of folks who count themselves as fans in vn.com are more accurately followers instead. Like, they stopped being fans, really (ardent, enthusiastic admirers) as we suffered through our Dark Ages, but they continue to follow the program in hopes it turns around. The fandom has been washed out of them. What's left are cynics, critics, and doubters who nonetheless continue to tune in. Followers.

For those who tend to be labeled NegaVols, what do you think, does that make sense?

Last edited:
The two most important aspects of winning are knowledge and attitude. Coaches have to know the game and how to transfer that knowledge to players. Players must have the attitude to want to learn and execute what the coaches are teaching. hen that happens you win ballgames over those who don't have the knowledge or attitude. the trick is to be able to identify , recruit and sign those players are are good athletes, who are willing to learn the game and play with the attitude. I am convinced that over the years, we have had some coaches who have the knowledge, teaching ability , and attitude to recruit skilled players. We have had some athletic players who have the attitude and abilities to be winning players. Hopefully, this new staff has the knowledge, teaching ability and recruit the players needed to win. I am more incurred now than I have been in the last 15 years that this staff will be able to win a lot of football games. Only time will tell, but I think we are now off on the right foot. If we continue to see players who appear lost on the field; not fulfilling their individual responsibilities, we will lose a lot of games. However, if we see players who are playing with confidence and show they have th knowledge an attitude, we will win a lot of football games. I expect we will begin to win a lot of football games in the next couple of years.

Reactions: Ratvol
View attachment 352502

Note in particular the words: "enthusiastic" ... "ardent" ... "admirer."

What amazes me is how many folks on vn.com don't define themselves using these terms, but still consider themselves true fans. It's like we've fallen into 1984 and Doublespeak, where "critic" and "cynic" mean "fan."

EDIT:

A sudden thought. Perhaps a lot of folks who count themselves as fans in vn.com are more accurately followers instead. Like, they stopped being fans, really (ardent, enthusiastic admirers) as we suffered through our Dark Ages, but they continue to follow the program in hopes it turns around. The fandom has been washed out of them. What's left are cynics, critics, and doubters who nonetheless continue to tune in. Followers.

For those who tend to be labeled NegaVols, what do you think, does that make sense?
I absolutely sheeped for this program for 12+ years up until the chancellor decided to nuke the program. I got on the Dooley, Butch, Pruitt train and I would have supported Pruitt full bore if he has returned in 2021.

but when the coach is ratted out internally and the chancellor then chooses to nuke the program with really no concrete plan moving forward, I’ve reached the end of my rope. I’ll casually follow the team. My Saturdays will no longer revolve around what time the Vols play. And they are going to have to earn back my hope, optimism, benefit of doubt and more importantly my time, money, and energy.

this program has provided zero joy the last 12+ years, so if a zoom call with a new staff, a Twitter post of the coach playing dodge ball, or the new coach wishing Happy Birthday to Gen Neyland gets you excited..more power to you.

Myself? I’m doing sheeping over it until I see results on the field.

I absolutely sheeped for this program for 12+ years up until the chancellor decided to nuke the program. I got on the Dooley, Butch, Pruitt train and I would have supported Pruitt full bore if he has returned in 2021.

but when the coach is ratted out internally and the chancellor then chooses to nuke the program with really no concrete plan moving forward, I’ve reached the end of my rope. I’ll casually follow the team. My Saturdays will no longer revolve around what time the Vols play. And they are going to have to earn back my hope, optimism, benefit of doubt and more importantly my time, money, and energy.

this program has provided zero joy the last 12+ years, so if a zoom call with a new staff, a Twitter post of the coach playing dodge ball, or the new coach wishing Happy Birthday to Gen Neyland gets you excited..more power to you.

Myself? I’m doing sheeping over it until I see results on the field.
Yes many typos in there 😂😂😂..but you get the point

VN Store

Back