Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

2019 and 6' 1" . Playing in a proleague w/o pay for 2 seasons.

While I am at it, did anyone post news about 2020 guard 5'10" or 11 Nika Muhl of Croatia? Was in Florida last month for the NBA No Borders camp, so she's view quite highly.

She will be a big time player for Geno

i.png

ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH LARRY TIDWELL

"Nationally, Coach Tidwell is regarded as one of the most premier and connected recruiters in the country," Kansas head coach Brandon Schneider said. "His experience as a head coach at two division I universities combined with his experience as an assistant coach at three other Big 12 schools ... Baylor, TCU and Texas Tech ... will enable him to impact our program in all phases."

i.png

NEW ASSISTANT COACH JHASMIN PLAYER

"Jhasmin's collegiate and professional playing careers speak for themselves," said Schneider. "In coaching, she has quickly established herself as one of the top international recruiters in our business. Her passion, humility, love for the game, and desire to mentor young women were apparent the first time I met her."

Prior to her second stint at Maine, Player spent five seasons in Europe playing professional basketball, giving her an advantage when recruiting internationally. Player played in Portugal, Spain and Poland. Player rewrote European record books in 2014, after averaging 39.9 points per game. Player also spent one season with the WNBA Franchise, Atlanta Dream.

A native of Bay City, Texas, Player graduated from Baylor in 2009. She was a four-year member of the Lady Bears' basketball team, earning captain honors her junior and senior seasons. At Baylor, Player guided the team to four NCAA tournament appearances and a 2009 Big 12 Tournament Championship. Player was named to the Big 12 All-Tournament Team in 2009 and also earned Big 12 All-Defensive Team and Second-Team All-Conference honors during her collegiate career."

She will be a big time player for Geno

The door is certainly open in the fall. The second foriegn commit, from Croatia, Nika Muhl reportedly had over 50 US scholarship offers and offers from Euro pro clubs . She was about to announce her final 4 in February when UConn swooped in with a Chris Dailey e-mail and UConn was promptly added to her list. ESPN did a piece on her recently. When UConn called, it was game on for Croatian recruit Nika Muhl

"The subject line read, "Greetings from UConn", and that was intriguing enough for Muhl, a 5-foot-10 point guard from the Croatian capital of Zagreb. But then she opened the correspondence, and it left Muhl and her parents stunned.

This was no joke.

Chris Dailey, Connecticut's associate head coach, wanted to know if Muhl would be interested in playing for the Huskies. And even though 4,170 miles and six time zones separate Zagreb from Storrs, Connecticut, Muhl knew all about coach Geno Auriemma's program and its 11 national championships.

"I was speechless," Muhl said of the email she received in January. "My mom [Roberta] cried. I cried, oh yeah, I cried. My dad [Darko] was speechless. We all just sat in silence in our living room for five minutes."

Might as well finish this dissertation with video:

Last edited:
Another great pickup for Miss St loading up like I said they seem to find a way when they lose players there and a South Carolina.

She probably won't play this year, but damn they are gonna be really good next year if one of they PGs they recruited pans out.

I think they will see some transfers, though. Xaria Wiggins is probably like "Oh fk..."

She probably won't play this year, but damn they are gonna be really good next year if one of they PGs they recruited pans out.

I think they will see some transfers, though. Xaria Wiggins is probably like "Oh fk..."

She is a faceup 4 I really think some of their bigs will transfer. It’s crowded at their 3/4 positions and if they move her to the 5 yep.

Vic has actually used his allotted scholarships playing time is gonna be sparse lol

Reactions: Amb3096
She is a faceup 4 I really think some of their bigs will transfer. It’s crowded at their 3/4 positions and if they move her to the 5 yep.

Vic has actually used his allotted scholarships playing time is gonna be sparse lol

Agreed. He didn't really need the 6'6 JC player. I think Jessika Carter, Xaria Wiggins, Myah Taylor, Esmery Martinez, Nyah Tate, and one of the three freshmen guards (likely not Mathuru) are all expendable at this point.

For 2020-21, his core players would be:

PG - Mathuru, freshman guard
SG - AEH, other freshman guard
SF - Scott, Jackson
PF - Bibby, Cooks
C - Promise, JC transfer

And this doesn't even account for new 2020 recruits, who won't really be playing until AEH, Scott and Bibby all graduate.

Gonna guess that if Minyon Moore wants to come, Nyah Tate and/or Myah Taylor will be transferring out. Tate might as well leave now...she has no future on the team.

Agreed. He didn't really need the 6'6 JC player. I think Jessika Carter, Xaria Wiggins, Myah Taylor, Esmery Martinez, Nyah Tate, and one of the three freshmen guards (likely not Mathuru) are all expendable at this point.

For 2020-21, his core players would be:

PG - Mathuru, freshman guard
SG - AEH, other freshman guard
SF - Scott, Jackson
PF - Bibby, Cooks
C - Promise, JC transfer

And this doesn't even account for new 2020 recruits, who won't really be playing until AEH, Scott and Bibby all graduate.

Gonna guess that if Minyon Moore wants to come, Nyah Tate and/or Myah Taylor will be transferring out. Tate might as well leave now...she has no future on the team.

I forgot about her recruitment!

What’s your guess about Watts ? Heard of any other visits ?

I forgot about her recruitment!

What’s your guess about Watts ? Heard of any other visits ?
The fact that Cooks committed several weeks after her visit to MSST gives me faith that Watts is still in the picture. I don't know who else she's visited, but she would be the perfect fit for Tennessee. They need proven guard play. Right now, Green is the only returning guard who has proven that she should be on the court. Watts would be a great addition.

PG Horston SG Watts SF Davis PF Brown C KK. Massengill, Green, Burrell, Harris, Keys off the bench. Saunders and Rennie for depth.

In my ideal world, though, Tennessee could lose Watts if they could get Minyon Moore instead. IMO, she is much more important. PG for Tennessee will be handled by a freshman and a project (Massengill) who will get big minutes. That is IMO the shakiest position on the court.

The fact that Cooks committed several weeks after her visit to MSST gives me faith that Watts is still in the picture. I don't know who else she's visited, but she would be the perfect fit for Tennessee. They need proven guard play. Right now, Green is the only returning guard who has proven that she should be on the court. Watts would be a great addition.

PG Horston SG Watts SF Davis PF Brown C KK. Massengill, Green, Burrell, Harris, Keys off the bench. Saunders and Rennie for depth.

In my ideal world, though, Tennessee could lose Watts if they could get Minyon Moore instead. IMO, she is much more important. PG for Tennessee will be handled by a freshman and a project (Massengill) who will get big minutes. That is IMO the shakiest position on the court.

I like your enthusiasm.... but from California?

I like your enthusiasm.... but from California?
Sure...but she's considering MSST, so she's not opposed to looking at schools far from home. Her sister was at Louisville for 3 years, so who knows? Still...no idea if she's included Tennessee as an option, but she would solve a lot of problems.

Reactions: PRG
Sure...but she's considering MSST, so she's not opposed to looking at schools far from home. Her sister was at Louisville for 3 years, so who knows? Still...no idea if she's included Tennessee as an option, but she would solve a lot of problems.

I suspect she ends up at Baylor, Oregon or MSST. I haven't seen or heard anything to indicate Moore has any interest in UT whatsoever. Unfortunately we are not the brightest destination for high profile transfers right now.

New, unproven PWR 5 coach and several so-so seasons back to back to back. Not exactly attractive to someone who could go to a much more competitive program right now and still play. I think we have a shot at Watts, but it doesn't seems she has had much interest from other schools and recently started marketing her transfer again which makes me suspect she wasn't sold on UT after her visit.

Reactions: Amb3096
Did we not recruit her? Or was she just not interested?

Yes..... she visited in December and was made an offer! Parrish has three unofficial visits and she is gone to Oregon also ! See what winning does for you ! As the saying goes : “The rich get richer “

Reactions: mcannon1
I suspect she ends up at Baylor, Oregon or MSST. I haven't seen or heard anything to indicate Moore has any interest in UT whatsoever. Unfortunately we are not the brightest destination for high profile transfers right now.

New, unproven PWR 5 coach and several so-so seasons back to back to back. Not exactly attractive to someone who could go to a much more competitive program right now and still play. I think we have a shot at Watts, but it doesn't seems she has had much interest from other schools and recently started marketing her transfer again which makes me suspect she wasn't sold on UT after her visit.
Interesting. Good size, career 15+ ppg and 7 rpg. FG% could be better, but not horrible. One would think that teams would be all over Watts.

Interesting. Good size, career 15+ ppg and 7 rpg. FG% could be better, but not horrible. One would think that teams would be all over Watts.

Hard to say what the reason is, but it doesn't seem that there was as much interest in her as there was in other, similar, transfers.

I've heard that her intended graduate major may be limiting which schools are available to her.

My thought is that people are worried about her knee. She has damaged cartilage in one knee, that's not something that can really be fixed and may flare-up at any time. She sat a season at UNC because of it, then played through pain last year. I believe she was one of the players who complained about being forced to play while not 100%. Likely most of the top programs weren't interested due to that. Just speculation from having watched the situation unfold though.

I would love to see her UT, but I'm not holding my breath.

VN Store

Back